• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumbtack28

Smash Rookie
How to stuff I need to know...
How to shorten,
How to do sdi,
And what is the best Fox combo

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
- Press B during Fox's or Falco's Forward at some timing , try different timings until you figure it out (you can also spam if you want)
- Smash the joystick while you are in hitstun
- Up-throw --> Up-air

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
iirc the actual illusion/phantasm is 5 frames and 4 frames respectively. For each frame, if you input B, it will cancel the rest of the distance, so fox has 5 different lengths of illusion, and falco has 4 different lengths of phantasm
sdi is shifting the stick (cstick?) while being hit/during the active frames of the hit to shift yourself slightly in that direction
best combo would be shine>shine off stage :]
my melee knowledge isnt amazing, so if I'm wrong in some regard, someone correct me, I'd like to learn where my info is wrong.

yttik

there is no "best fox combo", it's super situational on what you would do optimally. it's not just like you can grind his best combo and just use that on everybody all the time or something.

if you don't know what to do, usually up throw into things works, or any of his combo starting moves, like up tilt. for super hard punishes (on whiffed rest, shield break) you can spam standing lasers into charged up smash.

D

Deleted member

there is no "best fox combo", it's super situational on what you would do optimally. it's not just like you can grind his best combo and just use that on everybody all the time or something.

if you don't know what to do, usually up throw into things works, or any of his combo starting moves, like up tilt. for super hard punishes (on whiffed rest, shield break) you can spam standing lasers into charged up smash.
The Chillin' IS the best fox combo :p

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Obviously shining is great and up throw into up air/other aerials works wonders.

AirFair

Marth tho
Shorten is just hitting b in certain timings after starting a side b, for a couple different lengths. Wait for the wooshing sound first.

Best Fox combo? If you want guaranteed, it's probably uthrow uair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom