• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some smart ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinryu

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, some of you may remember me, most of you will not. I have been working on a Brawl project off and on for 2 years. I have spent hours balancing character moves, going into practice mode and getting knockback and damage values perfect, I have also added a lot of new moves and GFX effects to make the game more interesting visually. This is not an announcement thread although I will create a post in codesets and detail my changelist if enough people show genuine interest in my project. I have explored multiple avenues for achieving my goals, but ineveitably I have run out of character ideas. So, rather than waiting a month or so to think up a good enough idea to put in the game I figured I would get on here in the first time in a year or so and see what kind of ideas you guys have been cooking up. I would like to add that all ideas will be considered, do not think or say, "that's impossible to add" or "that's stupid" all ideas are welcome inside the context that the move fits the character and is beneficial. Example: Brawl Minus DK pulls out a barrel, in my mod it would replace his down b rather than being a button hold. Regardless of differences, this was a smart idea that fits the character well and i applaud them for it. I realize some of you are going to come in here immediately wanting to flame me for no reason, go ahead and waste your time posting because I will not respond to any negative posts. Yes, in fact, I can do whatever I want.

Kinryu

Smash Cadet
Well, in the past everyone thought I was some little kid wanting them to make a game for me. Because of all the flame wars in my original thread a few years ago I am hesitant to post any info on here at all. So, I apologize ahead of time for being unable to give you a solid changelist or project goal. I figure, I'm asking you guys for your ideas to put into my game, that's the opposite of the usual requests. You say something clever and I do all the work.

Kinryu

Smash Cadet
Well it appears no one has any good ideas worth posting. Or at least none you would like to share. I'm off to give Mario a butt slam instead of f l u d d, til ssb4! rip smashboards.

:phone:

4nace

Smash Ace
I think the problem may be that people do not want to spend time coming up with ideas for a project that may not really exist. (You bring absolutely no evidence that you are capable of modding the game).

If you are genuinely looking for creative moves / abilities, just check out the Make Your Move threads and see what people have come up with. Give credit if you use their ideas.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Have Lucario get traditional fighter mechanics?

A = light attack
B = medium attack
Z = heavy attack
Down Z = uppercut (can be canceled)

Down + left B = Lucario's neutral b
Left + Left B = Lucario's side b

It's just an idea. I'm not sure how hard it is to program, but I do know that knowledge of control stick functions are needed.

PS: I wouldn't recommend Right + Left functions. SSB's mechanics make it impossible to program those :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Please don't bump threads .-.
I'll unlock it with the author's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom