• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help.

Roy-Master Lord

Smash Rookie
Hi, I need some help with WD, Wsmashing and WShielding with Roy. He is my main player and I can do most of the techniques except these 3 mentioned above and some others, but I need great help in performing these. Can anyone show me a video so I can study while watching how to do all these three or explain in much simpler words, because its hard for me to get it right, since im new to wavedashing, attacking and shielding.

EDIT: Sorry about this but I accidentally made two threads. My DSL accidentally switched off while posting and my page stopped, when my DSL restarted and I posted, there were two threads, I am sorry for this and can someone please delete one of the threads?

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Wavedash: Hold a diagonal (down and forward or down and back), jump, and then immediately airdodge (L or R) so that you dodge into the ground and slide.

Wavesmash: Immediately hit a C-Stick direction after landing from a wavedash so that you smash.

Waveshield: Hold your shield, and then wavedash out of it. It helps if you use R for shield and L for airdodge, or vice versa.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Jihn's got it covered. Wak's Advanced How to Play in the Misc. vids section of the forums should help you out too if you're looking for a video.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Wavedash: Hold a diagonal (down and forward or down and back), jump, and then immediately airdodge (L or R) so that you dodge into the ground and slide.

Wavesmash: Immediately hit a C-Stick direction after landing from a wavedash so that you smash.

Waveshield: Hold your shield, and then wavedash out of it. It helps if you use R for shield and L for airdodge, or vice versa.
In my wave smashes I seem to CC right before the f-smash. Is this a good or bad thing? Sometimes at lower percents it can save me and not interupt my smash.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
In my wave smashes I seem to CC right before the f-smash. Is this a good or bad thing? Sometimes at lower percents it can save me and not interupt my smash.
I don't think it would matter..?

Only way I see it doing anything, is if the opponent hit you (say attacking recovery) you would CC it and not go anywhere, and fsmash him.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Could be either good or bad, depends on the scenario. I'd say as a rule of thumb, never crouch cancel out of a waveattack if the enemy is at low percentages, especially Peach.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet

^^ thats correct and simply practice them constantly.

Top Bottom