• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help.

nosferatu_zodd

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3695-0095-5749
I'm new when it comes to competitive Smash and I wanted Smash 4 to be my first. I just wanted to know if anyone here could help me understand terms and techniques in the game. I also wanted some help improving with my main(s). I tried asking looking for tutorials but none were reliable or helpful to say the least. Sorry for being a bother in any way, and thank you for taking time to read this.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
No bother that's why we all come together. We all have a common interest.

If your available tonight I'm going to home then. I'm at Christmas stuff now but I can practically show you then. It's currently 1:00pm for me, I'll be available approximately 7 or so hours from now.

As for the theory I'll try and break it down concerning the vocabulary. You never mentioned what characters your maining or interested in, or had experience with so no techniques. Plus there are lots of very useful guides courtesy of members that poured lots of research and time, complied together in whichever character your interested in. Just go to the character discussion sub forum part for the techniques.

The basics you have your jabs which are the standard a attacks. Your smashes are your up/down/side. Or usmash, dsmash, fsmash. Tilts are inbetween, and are used for stronger hits then jabs but not as strong, but they are quicker. Your tilts are your up/down/side. Or utilt, dtilt, ftilt. Finally there's your aerials. Neutral air (nair) is no directional input (DI) and a. Then the coorosponding directions are up, down, back, and front. Or uair, dair, bair, fair.

nosferatu_zodd

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3695-0095-5749
No bother that's why we all come together. We all have a common interest.

If your available tonight I'm going to home then. I'm at Christmas stuff now but I can practically show you then. It's currently 1:00pm for me, I'll be available approximately 7 or so hours from now.

As for the theory I'll try and break it down concerning the vocabulary. You never mentioned what characters your maining or interested in, or had experience with so no techniques. Plus there are lots of very useful guides courtesy of members that poured lots of research and time, complied together in whichever character your interested in. Just go to the character discussion sub forum part for the techniques.

The basics you have your jabs which are the standard a attacks. Your smashes are your up/down/side. Or usmash, dsmash, fsmash. Tilts are inbetween, and are used for stronger hits then jabs but not as strong, but they are quicker. Your tilts are your up/down/side. Or utilt, dtilt, ftilt. Finally there's your aerials. Neutral air (nair) is no directional input (DI) and a. Then the coorosponding directions are up, down, back, and front. Or uair, dair, bair, fair.
Sorry man, I should have done some more exploring before posting and actually made the post more detailed. I main Jigglypuff, Falco and Ganondorf. This mistake won't happen again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom