• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some advice

GetTheBizz

Smash Rookie
Alright so I'm going to keep it simple.. I just started playing competitively around February and I'm getting really good (I main Ice Climbers and there aren't many of us in WA) and I'm learning all the new tech I need to learn and what not. I only have one issue.. For the LIFE of me, I have absolutely no idea what to do about anyone rapid jabbing me. They keep me in the jab for what seems to be up to 20% regardless of my smash DI out or whatever I try, and the most frustrating part is it's usually against mediocre players where I end up winning anyways.. So what do I do? Somebody please hook it up with some solid advice lol

Don De La Gato

Smash Rookie
I find that some character's UP-B moves (Samus, Marth, Bowser,) and I'm sure the Shine are good to knock your opponent off you but, obviously not every character has that option.

Other than that I'd say it's just practicing reaction timing since rapid jabs come with a warning due to the first few hits.

GetTheBizz

Smash Rookie
Yeah I mean it seems like the first few hits just trap me in my early percentage, and I just get stuck. I've been messin around with computers all night and so far the best chance I have is crouch cancelling and DI'ing away but even then sometimes it gets me. But I suppose I'll get it sooner than later. Thanks for the advice man.

Last edited:

ARON?

Smash Apprentice
Get your shield up and either wait for the jabs to stop and shield-grab, or buffer roll out of the pressure.

Alternatively, crouch cancel down-smash may work since it comes out pretty fast with ICs.

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Watch out though because you can't CC some rapid jabs (Sheik for example). You should be able to SDI away or in some cases towards/through the other character which is easiest I think by rotating the sick in the direction you want to go.

Top Bottom