• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with the Peach/Falcon Matchup

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So I'm pretty new to Smash Boards, but I've been Melee for about a year now, and only really got into it last September. I'm a Peach main, and I haven't yet seen a thread on this yet, and if it's in the wrong place, I do apologize, but again, I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

So, I've heard some people say that this is clearly in Peach's favor, but as a main, it annoys me to no end. I don't want to say it's in Falcon's favor, but I see it as even. Peach gets chain-grabbed by him rather easily (I've experienced this), and his movements are almost too fast for me to react to properly. Perhaps it's just me, but I'd like some advice on the matchup from other Peach mains. Thanks a lot!

Composeur

Smash Ace
Yeah, the MU is anything but favorable for Peach. They can both combo the f*ck out of each other, but at the end of the day you're invariably eating his patella.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't think this MU is THAT bad. Yes we have the worst aerial defense, yes we can get chain grabbed and yes we (well I) die pretty fast. Basically we just avoid the grabs. I like to space with F-tilt, dash attack, turnips and aerials. You just have to read CF extremely well is the way I see it but easier said than done.

The D-Smash alone gets me like 30% already which puts him in range for the u-throw chain grab - at low percentages he just falls to fast and tech rolls away. And when he's in killing range you have lots of options. You can B-throw to edge guard, U-throw to N-Air or u-smash or death by grab with f-throw. You shouldn't have to approach because of turnips.

I think its pretty even.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I think the matchup can be played, but I definitely don't think it's even...

0Room

Smash Lord
As a :falcon: player I'd say it's even.

You get him offstage and he's gone. You need to watch your percents though. About 40% he can uthrow knee if you're not paying attention, and about 80-120% Dthrow knee comes in.

PicMan

Smash Cadet
It also helps to know what moves you can punish with what.
You make him come to you, AKA, you set yourself up a tent and camp him with veggies,
and if he comes in with knee, you grab/do w/e it is peach does out of shield to punish it.
thats sort of how i look at all match ups, i dont know o.O

Nes$

Smash Rookie
Don't forget that peach can up throw chain grab falcon till about *70%. Your Dash attack pretty much cuts through any nair approaches.
Be aware of the fact that his u-air will be able to out prioritize all ariel attacks.
Don't be afraid to apply pressure to his shield, (especially with things like float cancelled fair-down smash) because he does not have very many out of shield options.

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
Upon further testing it's at least 28-30% before you can 100% a chaingrab with any DI
but falcons and falco's can break out with upwards DI or shines at 100-110% if the DI is amaze

but that DI just means you can use any throw after that and get a nice advantage

Top Bottom