• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need help with my Mario style

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
Well guys... as u can see i am new here, but i am from Mexico but where i live theres not much people who play SSBM, so i need some help my friends and i are like 5 guys, and we learned how to play by Watching videos like the ones of Silv, Eggz, Cape and some others but i have a litle problem, i know how to use SHFFLing very well and wavedashing too but i allways get hitted by front atacks... i try to hit someone in all ways i know but it doesnt work never, so guys can u help me be a better smasher plz?.

And tnks to all the people who upload videos... thats our motivation... xD

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Maybe your attacks are predictable to easy when you just run towards your enemy and try to attack its easy to avoid.Just try to mix you moving with wavedashes and shffled Nairs also try to dthrow your enemy and mix up then a bit

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Just know who you're fighting and fight accordingly. Don't attack Marth head-on. Don't try and combo jiggs. Edgeguard the crap outta C.falcon. And just practice different combos and techniques on comps. Practice makes perfect, lol.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Orale una de la raza k onda!

Anyway I agree with yang, if ur predictable nothing will work, try mindgames, go straight for the nemy, just when he thinkg u'll attack WD backwards and then jump and SHFFL some nairs, tilt a is a blessing, I use it a lot and always combo a lot of my oponents, use ur imagination!

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
Orale una de la raza k onda!
Jenial no sabia ke habia paisanos aki xD... Mucho gusto.

Well guys ty for ur help but i have already tried the backward WD and doesnt work at all, just makes me a litle faster but... i think its better if i tell u wich chars i fight with. I use to fight with another mario, a Doc, and a Fox... those are the most usual.
And ill try to do the Nairs ill tell u if they works lol

TY everyone ur helpful ppl xD

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
VS Fox aim for chainthrow then get him to the edge and edgeguard him
VS Mario hm just try to approach with fireballs and aim for FSmash
VS Doc try to get dmg with fireballs aswell and aim for dthrow to utilt combos

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
Ty guys u help me alot, ill try all the things u say and keep my practice so i can get better... ill upload a vid later ok?

Cya guys

saberhof

Smash Master
a la vergg. de que parte de Mexico eres?...

and well, i think everthing has been said, mindgames are your friend :D..

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
a la vergg. de que parte de Mexico eres?...

Soy Manzanillo, Colima. xD

Btw there is another problem with me, i can du the uair with the stick, i need to do it with the c-stick, but i mean using the Short Hop... i have problems using the short hop with a uair.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
You mean using Uair with the C-Stick? Its all about practice just do it like this
Step 1 : 25 Shorthops
Step 2 : 10 Shorthops + Uair

See how much fo this 10 you get if you get 4 or less then go to Step 1 again
If you get 5-8 practice 10 shorthops and 25 shorthops + Uair
If you get 9-10 just practice SH + Uair

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
You mean using Uair with the C-Stick? Its all about practice just do it like this
Step 1 : 25 Shorthops
Step 2 : 10 Shorthops + Uair

See how much fo this 10 you get if you get 4 or less then go to Step 1 again
If you get 5-8 practice 10 shorthops and 25 shorthops + Uair
If you get 9-10 just practice SH + Uair

Well dude ty for ur help but u didnt get it... i tryed to tell u that i loose some time doing the u air with the c-stick instead of doing it with analog and a button, i get to do it with c-stick but it is slower than doing it with analog -.- but ty anyway ill practice what you've told me.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
yeah i hadd the same problem with my style before..

you knwo what saved my smash reputation? Dash Dance + Wave Dash

mix them and maybe a few Wave Lnds i f you get the chance then you LOOK hella good and get the hang of the controll over Mario xD

to the appproaches Mario has an awesome grab combo starter so use it

i mostly start with my dash dance WD combination but if you dont master that Dash Dancing is enuff
DD+Short Hop + Nair
WD Dance+ at the right moment WD to the opponent and Downsmash!!!! it really helps me against Marths!

uumm....try to do this also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!! gotta try i luv this one!!!

k its not as great as the amount of exclemation marks but :
Dash(run!) + Short Hop + Uair(l caneled) + Fast Fall!!!! (of course!) + DOWNSMASH!!!
it looks awesome it IS awesome use it

try those and youll fell muchh more comfortable belieeeeeeve me

coz i had the same problem =P

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
kk guys u hellp a lot but i want much more help so soon ill upload some vids with me playing so u can check my style... by the way, i can control fine the DD and the WD but my only proble i think is front atacks that hit me all the time and the SH+UAir combo i hit UAir too slow and thats slows down the combo so my enemys can escape from it.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
When you are that slow with UAir just do Uair to Fsmash that should be possible. Maybe you should shield more or so it's hard to tell what you need to fix without videos

Top Bottom