• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I need help with all star on hard with samus.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
K so generally i have been beating all star without too much difficulty. I've cleared it on hard with every character on the top row, then i started the second row and hit the brick wall that is Samus. Anyone have any tips? His FSmash is slow and weak, His USmash doesn't always land the knockback hit at the end of it, Dsmash also kind of weak. 3v1 doesn't allow me much time to charge my gun. So far i've only been killing with FSmash and occasionally an ariel back-A. Both of which are pretty unreliable. Any tips guys? I'm not a great samus player, but this is frustrating as hell.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Spam up-tilt often, especially if you are on an elevated platform. Samus's fully charged forward smash is definitely buffed from Brawl, and her back air is handy for scoring some KOs. Spike with her down air whenever feasible. Aerial grapple (z-air) is also nice when you need some space. Oh, and if a stage has walk offs, she's one of the best in All-Star for camping at edges and grappling them behind her for easy KOs. Otherwise, camp the ledges until you see good openings.

xpRo

Smash Cadet
I found nair and bair to be great as spam moves. Projectiles are really weak in all star so don't bother. Multihit moves are generally bad, so don't use fair or usmash, but uair can work through platforms.

Dash attacks are generally good, the CPU doesn't seem to handle them well and Samus is no exception. Up-b can be used in a pinch as well, it's so fast they don't have time to dodge.

Agreed about the throws on walkoff stages. I got my fastest round 6 clear ever by abusing Samus throws on Mario Circuit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom