• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help finding my friend a good character...

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok so short story. He isn't very good but he does well in 4 player FFAs with items and chaos and stuff so he isn't terrible. He likes stronger character with decent speed (not DK or Ganon slow) and somewhat abusable smashes. Right now he likes Wolf and Link a lot and I'm trying to get him to play new characters. He has a tendency to suicide so it would be great if the character had good recovery or is tough to suicide with. Any suggestions? I was thinking Game and Watch...

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Ice Climbers have great smashes and their recovery is decent if both climbers are present. The issue of solo recovery is your biggest problem, here.

ROB also looks like a potential candidate that fits the bill. Dedede is a fatty, but he has good smashes and a multiple jump recovery.

See how those work.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight?

How about he tries out Marth or Ike?

Captain Falcon fit the bill of fast and strong in melee, he might make your friend happy.

What about the speedy Sonic?

Gluttony

Smash Cadet
As someone said earlier. I think DeDeDe fits the bill. Dedede can do really well in both solo and free for all. You said that he likes power. DeDeDe has power but not only that he has a lot of reach. It's very hard to miss as DeDeDe. He kills himself often you say? DeDeDe has pretty decent recovery considering the fact that he can jump multiple times like Kirby. You should have him try this character out. If not DeDeDe have him try out Snake. Captain Falcon is a great candidate as well.

nviv

Smash Cadet
DDD's smashes aren't that great because they are so slow and if he likes to spam them it could be bad, besides that it sounds like a good character for him. Besides that Wolf would probably be the next best choice, he has great smashes the only thing you have to worry about is recovery.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking Marth or Ike, Marth is pretty quick and powerful, Ike is pretty slow but unless you're at tournament-level play it's not gonna be a huge deal...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
try DDD he fits the best.

pit 's recovery is the best but then theres the fact that hes light weight and slow so he dosent fit well.

wolf ,ike, marth would do well to.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
... a potential candidate that fits the bill...
...Captain Falcon fit the bill...
...I think DeDeDe fits the bill...
Dude, I'm in an Animal Crossing game!

DDD's smashes aren't that great because they are so slow and if he likes to spam them it could be bad, besides that it sounds like a good character for him. Besides that Wolf would probably be the next best choice, he has great smashes the only thing you have to worry about is recovery.
I didn't take into account that Dedede's smashes are slow. I guess your friend can use Dedede/Wolf, depending on what he gives his first priority to: recovery vs quicker smashes

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
ROB has excellent smashes and has excellent recovery. He's fairly heavy and decently quick.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
By friend do you mean, brother, and by brother do you mean, yourself?
Lol. No, I main DK, Wario and Ganon. I use Snake on the side too.

Anyway, he tried D3 and Marth and enjoyed them, but complained about playing a such a lame character when he played Marth. :) He liked Kirby in the 64 so he might enjoy him again in Brawl. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate them. I don't see how someone can enjoy the game limiting them self to just two guys and it seemed he had more fun this afternoon

Top Bottom