• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a good tactic vs edge stallers

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
A lot of marths and other ppl i play tend to hold the ledge and wait for me to get close, the problem is sheik doesnt seem to really have a good smash or move to allow her to hit someone without fear of getting hit first.

What i mean is marth will hold the edge and start edge hopping, if i get close he'll jump up (invincable) and nair. What is good to do against this besides try to grab the edge so they fall? I was thinking of trying the chain since it will give me the reach and hit them if they mess up, but i really dont think it will work too well.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Space well and try to predict their move. If you space properly and know what they will do, you can just grab after it once they hit the stage. A character is most vulnerable when he ledge hops, does something, and is near the judge just landed from the stage. The natural reaction is to turtle and shield, which is bad. So take advantage of it.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
wait for them to get bored, esp if you are up a stock. I haven't found anything to do when my opponents stall on the ledge

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
If you're at a low percent you can just run up, crouch cancel the hit and downsmash them right back off the edge for a pretty easy kill.

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
When a Marth is edge stalling their are a few ways to force him off. First you can charge your needles and then jump while throwing them at the edge of the stage when he is jumping up to grab the edge again (this is good to keep distance and annoys the Marth).

Another way is to dash froward and WD back close to the edge to lure the Marth to attack you. When the Marth comes up you should shieldgrab or just grab him depending on what he does when coming up.

Or like FluxWolf said you can CC.

Also you can just run off the stage and jump back to bair him.

I hope this helps

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah that's another thing, a lot of the time they won't be perfect at edge stalling and they will have a lot of time when they are not invincible. So I like to just run off the stage and back air them right in the ***. Although this is more risky than just being patient, it is an option and will often times stage spike them for the kill.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Well Txuzz, ur confused, im not tlaking about ME comign back to the stage... lol

and thx for the tips, but the ppl i play r usually pretty good and l cancel almsot without flaw aking it harder to sheild grab. Guess ill try a mix of everything. I jsut wanted to know if there was a specific move that works well.

Thanks tho

cba

Smash Master
CC & Down tilt (if youre in low percentage) then forward tilt and anything you can come up with, you can also do a Bair.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
Needles, baby. Just pressure them to get back on stage. If it's not working, SD and counterpick pokefloats.

One of the best things to learn is to not fall for traps, especially very obvious ones.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I do one of three things.

1. Needles. (Either short-hopped or standing, it's your choice). For extra mindgames charge the needles and just land while charging. They may try and do something to counter aerial needles, but now you have a handful of needles while standing. I haven't found it to be hugely different, but anything to change it up.

2. Run off, and just Bair behind them so you land on the stage. It is counter-productive in the sense that it knocks them back on to the stage, but you aren't getting hit with a Nair.

3. Crouch cancel at low percentages into a d-tilt into a fair, or double fair (their percent can'nt be too high either).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm so glad I just got my Internet back and I'm finally able to post what I wanted to 5 days ago.
There are quite a few things you can do as Sheik when a Marth is hanging on the edge

1.You can try to snipe them off of the edge with your air needles but be careful as they might try to rush you when have lag from the thrown dart if you fail to hit them.

2. If you have below 40% damage space your self a little less then half the length of your down tilt away from the edge and turtle. Don’t wait for his attack to finish if he uses an N air

3.If you space your self perfectly so that Marth finish roll distance is right behind you then you can use your chain. Use your chain and wag it on the edge the only ways he can avoid it is if he jumps over it with his invincible frame or he rolls which should give you just enough time to pull your chain back and hit him with the weak pull back hit or to move away. I would recommend only do this if you have a platform above you.

4.If they are just hanging on the edge then quickly running into the edge and use down smash since first few frames of the down smash hits below Sheik.

5. Sheiks Fair can hit people hanging on the edge if you time it perfectly. (I’m not 100% sure how possible about this is though as I have only done it once)

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
k thx, i like the run off and bair, might work if i do it quick enough, and what tristan said seems good to. The fair can hit ppl off, ive done it b4, but someone edge stalling will usually hit u first, so i gotta keep the space and make them mess up, get up or attack em quick (the bair.)

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
You can Needle. Wait for the grab. Jump down and come back with a back air. Theres plenty of options just make sure to mix it up

Raftbuilder

Smash Cadet
omg drephen i hit control panel and saw this topic, and last post "drephen"

i was like "wow im going to GUARANTEE he just says "downsmash"

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
At low %'s, get really close and put your back against the Marth. If you predict they're going to stall again, wavedash to ledgegrab making them lose their jump. Most will Marth's will either:

1.) Die.
2.) Up+B if it's a surprise factor
3.) Forward+B stall.

If they expect this (they'll do 3), hit back to fall from the ledge and f-air the **** out of them. If they up+b early, while you still have the ledge, do something smart like ledgegrab to d-air. Ledgegrab to n-air works well, too.

Oh, but if they're going to try to attack you from ledge, just CC downsmash.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
lol at drephen's post

good idea inferno, but these kids r fast and dont keep jumping for no reason, as soon as i get close and move they come up, but ill work that in or just sit back and wait

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
trasnform into zelda quickly and teleport to the stage, not the ledge, and ground dodge instantly.. maybe?
Wow, this is a bad idea... Zelda's teleport is laggy. Zelda's dodge is laggy. And unless you also play Zelda (which I can tell that you don't from this comment), you're going to get boned... :p

then they combo zelda till she dies, cuz you wont be able to transform back unless they mess up.
Or you could just learn to play as Zelda, if you're going to change into her at all...

Top Bottom