• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a good moveset for Deoxys

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I need a totally awesome moveset for all 3 Deoxys, could you help me out? I've thought of a few myself, but what will you think of?

inkslingerMasher

Smash Journeyman
California San Fernando Valley PM to Challenge
I like using Deoxys as a Physical Sweeper, so here it is.
Psycho Boost( I know it's a special attack, but it's powerful like overheat and takes advantage of stab. It's a good move to have even though it's not a physical and besides Deoxys has a very high sp. attack anyways)
Brick Break(takes care of Darks)
Shadow Ball(takes care of ghosts)
Return/HP Rock(filler)
Salac Berry
Ev:252 Spd, 252 Att, 6 HP
This is for both R/S and Fire Red

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
okkkkk

I'm not much of a physical Poke'mon user, but I should get into it more...I just think that overall spec. attacks are better, but don't get me wrong, there are alot of physical moves that top spec. attacks. I'll have to try that moveset sometime. Oh, btw, why does Fr Deoxys even have defense, spec. defense and HP? I personally think his (spec.) defense and HP values should all be zero, which would leave him with 90 stat points left over. So, why not make his Attack, speed, and spec. att. all have a base value of 200? That would be an awesome Poke'mon indeed! He'd be the fastest there ever was, and he'd have the greatest attack and spec. att. (although.....Fr Deoxys already does!)

Eral

Smash Journeyman
yeah im not even sure how to get deoxys
how do you get him?

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Well...he is quite a complex Poke'mon.....yes....yes he is......

Originally posted by Tyco
I don't understand deoxys... can someone explain it?
Deoxys is a mystery to the Americans as of now, we have no clue how to get him, except through Fire Red/Leaf Green (I'll explain that in just a sec, k?)

Deoxys is the only Poke'mon to have 4 different forms, and 3 different stat sets. (and 3 different movesets too! ) First off, there's the normal and Colosseum Deoxys, they both have these stats (although they look different.)

(this is the maximum w/o beneficial personality, as will all the other stat listings.)
HP: 303
Attack: 398
Defense: 198
Speed: 398
Special Attack: 398
Special Defense: 198

He's a powerhouse, and usually it will only take 1-2 hits to take him down.

Then there's Fire Red Deoxys, (my fav.) He's basically a sweeper, only once this sweeper is hit.....he's GOING DOWN! Just for strategies sake, I'd put all his EVs into attack/special attack and speed, even with maximized defense it's still almost a 100% gurantee that he's gonna get One Hit KOed.

Stats:
Attack: 458
Defense: 138
Speed: 398
Special Attack: 458
Special Defense: 138

Then there's the final form of Deoxys, it's the super defensive form, but unfortunately he has low HP...which isn't good to back up high defenses (if only he even had a a max HP of 340)

Attack: 238
Defense: 418
Speed: 278
Special Attack: 238
Special Defense: 418

So there you have it Deoxys......the oddest and possibly one of the cheapest Pokes around! Oh, if you were wondering about another mystery, and that is when traded from one version to another his picture and stats change too. (too bad they didn't stay the same, then you could have a "in-between" of Fire Red Deoxys and Leaf Green Deoxys.

Finally: How Deoxys is really obtained! (in Fr/Lg) First off you have to reach the rainbow islands, and you have to have the aurora ticket. (which we have no clue how to get here in America)
Then it'll take you to "The Island of Birth" where you have to solve a triangle puzzle, and then you get to fight a lv. 30 Deoxys that is specific to your game. There, a summary of Deoxys!!

Bufu_Man

Smash Ace
What are those islands after you beat Blaine?? The islands have level 35+ pokemon. Is Deyox(sp?) there..... ?

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
You're 1/2-way right....

Originally posted by Bufu_Man
What are those islands after you beat Blaine?? The islands have level 35+ pokemon. Is Deyox(sp?) there..... ?
Yes, he is on those islands, the rainbow islands. However, he is on the 2nd secret island, which you cannot get to normally (you have to use GS as of now to get to it, except if you live in Japan......of course!) In Japan if you pre-order movie tickets to the 7th Poke'mon movie, then a person will upload the ticket onto your game. Here in America I'm guessing it's going to be an e-reader card, either gotten by buying the movie, going to a promotion, or (hopefully this is what Nintendo will do...) put it in a Nintendo Power Magazine.

Top Bottom