• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I may be going crazy here, but... It looks like there's 4 remaining character slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kakarotto_

Smash Rookie
I stumbled into this while browsing the Smash Bros' mobile page. I'm not saying anything here but... Who knows... This may mean something.
And if it really means, (if someone REALLY forgot to hide those ~remaining character slots~ from the page's mobile version) there's only 4 characters left to be announced. My thoughts: Probably it'll be Falco, Jiggs, Ganon (MAYBE... I'm still going with that "someone randomly picked Ganon at the Best Buy's demo") and Ness.

So.. Yeah... That's that. Thoughts?
[EDIT: Yeah, I know the page's pc version doesn't have those slots. I just got curious, that's all]

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
...On the mobile version of the website.
On the PC version, it looks more like this:

And by that logic, surely there must be no characters left to reveal.
Honestly, I think they just don't mean anything.

_Kakarotto_

Smash Rookie
...On the mobile version of the website.
On the PC version, it looks more like this:

And by that logic, surely there must be no characters left to reveal.
Honestly, I think they just don't mean anything.
Yeah, I know how the pc version looks like. And I'm not saying that's a legit proof or anything...
I just happened to see it and got a little curious, that's all.
They could've got lazy with the mobile page's design or something..

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The site changes depending on resolution of your screen. Not lazy design

_Kakarotto_

Smash Rookie
Accessed the mobile version through chrome and it still shows the possible slots. I don't think there's something to do with resolution.
Again... Not trying to prove anything here... This may be somekind of default design because it always shows 5 characters and it's probably the case. As I said... I got curious. :p

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
*sigh* do we have to do this every time there is a character confirmation?
No, this does not mean there are only 4 characters left at all. It hasn't in the past and never will.
Sorry, but it sure seems like this happens a lot.

_Kakarotto_

Smash Rookie
*sigh* do we have to do this every time there is a character confirmation?
No, this does not mean there are only 4 characters left at all. It hasn't in the past and never will.
Sorry, but it sure seems like this happens a lot.
I know all these predictions kinda suck cause they can be complete nonsense sometimes but... My point here is about those slots.
If I had seen them before yesterday's reveal, I'd say the same thing.
October is closing by but there's some road ahead. Lots of characters can be announced until then, can be 4, 5... Who knows.
As I said, I just got curious about those slots and wanted to know what you guys would think.
After thinking about the page's design... It's probably a default setting since it shows 5 characters per ~slide~
And yes, It only came to me after creating this thread so... Yeah.. Sorry about that. :p

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know all these predictions kinda suck cause they can be complete nonsense sometimes but... My point here is about those slots.
If I had seen them before yesterday's reveal, I'd say the same thing.
October is closing by but there's some road ahead. Lots of characters can be announced until then, can be 4, 5... Who knows.
As I said, I just got curious about those slots and wanted to know what you guys would think.
After thinking about the page's design... It's probably a default setting since it shows 5 characters per ~slide~
And yes, It only came to me after creating this thread so... Yeah.. Sorry about that. :p
The game actually comes out September 13th in Japan so we could possibly get a character reveal and a veteran next month or nothing at all. Whoever isn't revealed by September will just be unlockables this time around or cut. Wario and Ice Climbers could be the next veterans to be announced while Ness, Lucas, Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, ROB, G&W and other new comers are characters you'll just have to unlock.

_Kakarotto_

Smash Rookie
The game actually comes out September 13th in Japan so we could possibly get a character reveal and a veteran next month or nothing at all. Whoever isn't revealed by September will just be unlockables this time around or cut. Wario and Ice Climbers could be the next veterans to be announced while Ness, Lucas, Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, ROB, G&W and other new comers are characters you'll just have to unlock.
Yeah... And... Since it's Smash, I don't doubt of a release day reveal. They can be holding that one character that will make people go insane for its release.

mark welford

Smash Ace
that does not mean anything I am guessing there is one more newcomer left which would make it 12 and 10 unconfirmed veterans 37+10=47

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's been empty slots by Pit since the game was revealed. It's never meant anything and just fills the space.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
....Really? Every time a new character is revealed someone asks this. It means nothing, why would there be pages of blank slots to represent the rest of the characters? The blank slots simply complete that page until they are filled and a new page with more blank slots shows up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It really does mean nothing... this happens every time a new character is revealed.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Considering there's like 8 veterans that are almost 100% guaranteed to return, plus (hopefully) a couple newcomer trailers left, plus (hopefully) secret characters left to be revealed, I'd say there are many more than 4 slots left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom