• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I love all of you

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
We're all in this up hill battle of garbage MUs and terrible frame data together, and I love you all.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I have said this before, but never on this website, Dedede mains are actually the coolest people around, and I'm not saying that because I main him since you guys have shown me up many times. What I mean by this is that I could just start following a random channel on YouTube, or a random blog on tumblr, because I find the person extremely witty, hilarious, and dedicated, only to later find out that they are a DDD main! (Or at least secondary). This has happened multiple times, and I have come to the conclusion that DDD mains are the world's finest people. Let the other character boards say whatever they want, but they won't change my mind. Something about you DDDs is just so awesome!

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Eh. Even with all the crap he gets cause everyone's jealous that he's a real king and all, he still wins 90% of the time.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
You're actually completely right. I've never met a Dedesy main or seen one who I didn't like.

Same goes for Jigglypuff.

Three D's cheers for us!

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
DDD mains keep it real. We are the players that are constantly overcoming the obstacles. Although sometimes I feel there is too much self doubt about DDD.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
DDD mains keep it real. We are the players that are constantly overcoming the obstacles. Although sometimes I feel there is too much self doubt about DDD.
Maybe. I feel that way sometimes when I'm alone. But I love the King too much to stray away from him, even if it means I could perform better. Dedede is like an old friend to me at this point. We're in it til the end.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
I don't even know how this pudgy penguin became my main, but I certainly love this community. Sure, people have come and gone, but everyone in this community is amazing in their own way (as cheesy as that may sound). I realize his frame data is garbage, poor mobility, and large frame which can all be abused very easily, but his play style is fun and natural to me that I can overlook these flaws... until I fight a ZSS or Sonic, where I immediately switch. If it wasn't for Dedede, I probably wouldn't have branched out to new characters and just stuck with mario with the occasional wario and peach.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I have phases where I nurse my broken wounded pride in darkness and have a crisis over whether or not I'm wasting my time trying to develop DDD.

Then I Fthrow some FG trash into a gordo into U air for the KO and fast fall land with zero lag RIGHT into crouch taunt and it breathes new life into my love for this character.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Maybe. I feel that way sometimes when I'm alone. But I love the King too much to stray away from him, even if it means I could perform better. Dedede is like an old friend to me at this point. We're in it til the end.
This thread makes me so happy. What @ Muskrat Catcher Muskrat Catcher said. :4dedede: mains are the best..and is exactly what this was talking about: https://youtu.be/EnqJZdIjGsk?t=1m29s.

Yeah it can be depressing to play the King sometimes. But as long as you have a solid secondary to take on the horrible matchups (Sanic, ZSS) it's fun again. There my Pika does work, but it's the King who brings home the bacon.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Yeah I have a sloppy Yoshi as a secondary that generally works out for me, I just wanna rep the king muh whole lyfe

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
We are the only ones who have ****ty matchups and bad framedata and at the same time still have a perfect character.

Always remember that King Dedede is already perfect.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
It's like I always say, dedede always wins, even when he "loses," because he's ****ing king dedede.

He is a legitimately FUN character in every aspect of the word. He doesnt have any stupid jank, but what he does have is the ability to put a smile on your face, win or lose. Look at him! He's easily the most expressive and jolly character in the cast, which just gives him even more personality.

Also, I dont know how many of you have heard of Khonjin, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrRzeApj8M

...I love this guy.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Khonjin is hilarious.

Though to be fair Gordo physics are a bit janky.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
It's like I always say, dedede always wins, even when he "loses," because he's ****ing king dedede.

He is a legitimately FUN character in every aspect of the word. He doesnt have any stupid jank, but what he does have is the ability to put a smile on your face, win or lose. Look at him! He's easily the most expressive and jolly character in the cast, which just gives him even more personality.

Also, I dont know how many of you have heard of Khonjin, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrRzeApj8M

...I love this guy.
@ Khawner Khawner they luv u

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
I remember fighting you on FG one time, and you were really good. I wanted to be salty, but I couldn't because King Dedede is so fun and goofy to play against and as. The D3 community is just so cool.

I was the Bowser at 4:03 in your second montage. Looking back, all I can think is "Damn, I sucked."

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I remember fighting you on FG one time, and you were really good. I wanted to be salty, but I couldn't because King Dedede is so fun and goofy to play against and as. The D3 community is just so cool.

I was the Bowser at 4:03 in your second montage. Looking back, all I can think is "Damn, I sucked."

Haha, well it's healthy to be a good sport about it. Glad you enjoyed the video. I try not to talk about my Youtube channel much here because most of these guys would dismiss it as trash.

Khawner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kh0njin
3DS FC
1864-9931-4634
i lose my wii u in a week I will fight any and all dadle mains to cement my legacy

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
i lose my wii u in a week I will fight any and all dadle mains to cement my legacy
Buddy you need to make more Smash hall videos. It's like a slice of deep fried gold to be honest.

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
Dedede really is fun to play as, cause i get to beat the snot out of my friends with him! His theme is also a very nice tune, a drum and bass remix of it is below, SO AWESOME.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_NJbtyvQY

I used to really not be good with him due to my friend maining Sonic and Mega Man, but I trained for a while and now I can beat him. Lots of satisfying moves, but I will admit he does lack in the way of end frames ( cause they take a long time ) on quite a bit of his moves, but where he lacks in other places, he makes up for in power, defense, recovery, and style.

I mean....

He's king for a reason :chuckle:

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
Dedede really is fun to play as, cause i get to beat the snot out of my friends with him! His theme is also a very nice tune, a drum and bass remix of it is below, SO AWESOME.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6_NJbtyvQY

I used to really not be good with him due to my friend maining Sonic and Mega Man, but I trained for a while and now I can beat him. Lots of satisfying moves, but I will admit he does lack in the way of end frames ( cause they take a long time ) on quite a bit of his moves, but where he lacks in other places, he makes up for in power, defense, recovery, and style.

I mean....

He's king for a reason :chuckle:
That's funny because my best friend mains those 2 characters and I beat him too :). Short hops and perfect shielding really hinder mega's projectile game in my experience, but Sonic is a bit more tricky due to his speed and decent aerial game. Yeah you're right, if only his frames were better...

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
That's funny because my best friend mains those 2 characters and I beat him too :). Short hops and perfect shielding really hinder mega's projectile game in my experience, but Sonic is a bit more tricky due to his speed and decent aerial game. Yeah you're right, if only his frames were better...
Yep, on my friend's sonic, he has all-bruiser equipment and one of them is the vampire brawn badge... Unfortunately, every character he makes is like this. And all the most knockbacky and powerful moves
On his Sonic he has
1: Homing Attack
3: Burning Spin Dash
3: Springing Headbutt
2: Auto-Spin Charge

And on his Mega Man he has
1: Metal Blade
1: Crash Bomber
2: Tornado Hold
1: Leaf Shield

I can't tell you how much I hate Tornado Hold and Springing Headbutt...

I also especially hate Crash Bomber. But those are just really annoying, I still win.

Top Bottom