• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Like Melee a lot but its complicated

Bungler

Smash Rookie
Hi i'm new to the smash community and I like it from a lurker kinda view. I want to get into the competitive part of melee saw my first tournament at WTFox this year and was hyped up :p. However here is my problem I haven't played smash in a while I didn't really like brawl and i haven't played melee in years but i loved it... it was the **** hehe. I live in a part of MS (the delta) that no one even looks at video games let alone smash.

I have no problems playing alone and training alone but I'm no fool you get better by playing other people, fighting them and learning my flaws and theirs. So to play melee the only time i could even play someone else closer or better than my skill id have to just travel to tournaments. However if i got Smash 4 i could play online my question to the melee smashers is.

Is it worth me getting back into melee when I have no one to train with ( within at least like a 2 hour drive ) or should i just go into Smash 4 where i can play online and get experience that way ?

also if u live in the Mississippi delta and wana play hit me up :p

o̧çto̧

Smash Rookie
You could always try netplay (playing melee online with others through an emulator). Smash 4 is not nearly on the competitive side of Smash like Melee is, especially when Nintendo keeps patching combos and such.

Bungler

Smash Rookie
You could always try netplay (playing melee online with others through an emulator). Smash 4 is not nearly on the competitive side of Smash like Melee is, especially when Nintendo keeps patching combos and such.
Thanks man I didnt know there was something like that for melee i appreciate that! :D

townes

Smash Apprentice
Memphis here. If you live in MS, go play with the guys in Southhaven. There is a pretty big scene in Southhaven. Pikachad also lives down there. Nobody to play with isn't an excuse not to play. You can practice on your own and still get better by traveling to tournaments whenever you can. You can do it!

There is some overlap in skill between Smash 4 and Melee. Playing it online will teach you how to fight against other players (predition, mix ups, spacing)

If you play Smash 4 or Melee online, use a wired connection. It noticeably reduces lag

Yungbuda

Smash Rookie
Maybe you could get a friend interested in it and then the two of you could train together.

Top Bottom