• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just bought a Japanese Wii and Pre order for Brawl X what do I need

Lawke

Smash Cadet
could you not also use an American Wii's AC adapter for the Japanese Wii console?

has anyone tried it?

Lant

Smash Journeyman
I live in the UK, and I got a Japanese Wii, as well. My UK adaptor Wii runs it fine.

As it has an external transformer the input into any Wii in any country SHOULD be the same.

Check the Primary (input) voltage AND current on the bottom of your Wii and compare it to the Secondary (output) on the adaptor's transformer box. If all the numbers are the same, you'll be good to go!
So invading your house when you get an imported copy of Brawl.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
Ordered both Japanese Wii and Smash Bros X.
I guess that it will run smoothly in Italy, right?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
could you not also use an American Wii's AC adapter for the Japanese Wii console?

has anyone tried it?
If you're asking if the American Wii AC adapter with straight up work on a Japanese Wii, then yes. I use my American Wii AC adapter with my Japanese Wii all of the time.

I don't know if it'll do anything about the voltage differences, though.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
seems like there's quite a few on these boards that plan to import. me included. can't wait.

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...well, I'm no expert, but to be safe, I would simply buy a whatever japan voltage->whatever USA voltage power converter. I'm fairly sure you can pick one up at a modest price from a Circuit City or a Comp USA. Best Buy might have them as well...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Once we've all received our imported games, do you think we'll be able to play wifi with each other?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So of these three options, what should I (yet ANOTHER importer of a Wii and Brawl) do:

1) Just plug that **** into my power strip
2) Use my American Wii power thing and plug it to the japanese Wii
3) Find a voltage converter

WHICH IS THE SAFEST OPTION?!?!

Also, would any of these optoins have any risks of causing overheat or damage to the system from excessive use? i plan on playing this game vigorously for the first week or two when i get it (like 8 hours at a time since i'm having some parties) and I really don't want to damage the system. what increment of time whould I play followed by what length of a break?

Top Bottom