• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope this game has the kind of gameplay in Super Smash Flash 2

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys ever played SSF2? I was surprised that it had pretty solid gameplay, it had some mechanics from Melee and some from Brawl. The characters didn't fall too fast, but they didn't feel too floaty either. There are techniques like dash-dancing and etc, and you had some pretty cool control options like auto-dash, where you automatically dash every time you move. I hope Smash 4 is kind of like that. Thoughts?

Morbi

Scavenger
Have you guys ever played SSF2? I was surprised that it had pretty solid gameplay, it had some mechanics from Melee and some from Brawl. The characters didn't fall too fast, but they didn't feel too floaty either. There are techniques like dash-dancing and etc, and you had some pretty cool control options like auto-dash, where you automatically dash every time you move. I hope Smash 4 is kind of like that. Thoughts?
I hope that Smash plays like Street Fighter 4! I have actually played some Smash flash, I am not sure if it is the same one, but I would honestly just prefer that they stick with a more Melee feel. I don't mind if some concepts from Brawl translated to Smash 4.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I hope that Smash plays like Street Fighter 4! I have actually played some Smash flash, I am not sure if it is the same one, but I would honestly just prefer that they stick with a more Melee feel. I don't mind if some concepts from Brawl translated to Smash 4.

The reason I play Smash is because it doesn't play like SF, or any other typical fighting game e_e.

As for play like Super Smash Flash 2, no. The attacks just don't feel right to me on that game :L.

Morbi

Scavenger
The reason I play Smash is because it doesn't play like SF, or any other typical fighting game e_e.

As for play like Super Smash Flash 2, no. The attacks just don't feel right to me on that game :L.
I was mostly joking, that is the reason I continue to play Smash as well. If I wanted to play a "real" fighting game, I would. I honestly don't think attacks feel right in ANY flash. I have not necessarily sampled a plethora of flash games, mostly because they don't feel right.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I too really like Smash Flash 2's gameplay, I was quite surprised playing it. Most of the characters in Smash Flash 2 have SOME way to link attacks not to mention a lot of depth in the movesets. I would thoroughly enjoy it if Smash 4 was just a port of it's gameplay. Can't nobody fux with my Naruto.

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
I was hardcore bashing on smash flash when I first heard someone mention it months ago, and I wanted to apologize, because obviously I wouldn't be recognized as a fan if put it down without actually researching it myself....can't wait to play it :D as for SM4SH.....no worries, its shaping up nicely, and I'm looking forward to the new gameplay mechanics (character defensive and offensive manipulation, character and environment interaction, the simple but glorious amalgams that truly accentuate the atmosphere of the present battle....etc.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
When I played SSF2, I liked all the characters they added in there. They have a lot of chars that fanboys would go crazy over. However, the gameplay was a little too slow. And I wouldn't like to use a keyboard to play the 3DS one. Oh wait...

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
SSF2 is a good game. Favorite part is how I can just use Naruto's clones to start a combo. I hope the speed is a little faster though.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
So what you pretty much want the game to play like is Brawl+.
Brawl+ keeps the Brawl air dodges, removes tripping, is faster and not floaty like normal Brawl, you can dash dance just like in Melee and hitstun is higher now, preventing escape from it like you can in Brawl. It's pretty much a balanced Brawl that's definitely more fun in every single way.

It's a pretty solid hack and it's more for fun than it is for competitiveness imo, but I dunno, if they just do those changes and a few more while transitioning from Brawl to SSB4, we could have a more enjoyable experience for sure. I'm personally getting the 3DS version so I won't be able to play competitively with it or anything but as long as playing for the hell of it is actually enjoyable (unlike the way it is in Brawl) then I'm good.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'll pass. And I prefer Smash Crusade's everything over Flash 2.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I don't really think Nintendo and/or Sakurai even knows that SSF2 and Crusade exist, and even if they did I doubt they'd acknowledge their existences or even bother taking any elements from either (especially when those two fan games took things from Sakurai's game in the first place).
You can hope all you want, but they're definitely going to make things their own way, and so far it just looks like a somewhat faster and prettier-looking version of Brawl if you ask me.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
If they knew they existed, a CnD may happen.
The guys behind both fan games aren't really making any profit from either though. Cleod9 does have a little store going but let's face it, everything in there is straight-up terrible.
And either way they're both not even close to being as good as every single game Sakurai has made. Like, even Brawl is better than both.

lami

Smash Journeyman
The guys behind both fan games aren't really making any profit from either though. Cleod9 does have a little store going but let's face it, everything in there is straight-up terrible.
And either way they're both not even close to being as good as every single game Sakurai has made. Like, even Brawl is better than both.
Yes, that is absolutely true, and I think the fact they're not monetizing it helps them stay away from a CnD, but with Nintendo claiming the revenue of videos that show mere snippits of their trailers in another video its still a possibility.

Top Bottom