• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have something to show you. Icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmgineXodarap

Smash Rookie
I'll spare you the sappy story on the hows (basically luck) and whys but I've come across something from a source of mine that's right 95% of the time. I don't expect you to believe me because I wouldn't believe me. But what I've come across just had to be shared if only for some form of bragging rights upon this game's release.

He gave me some files he said came from the web site itself (he's a web designer, I do not know if he works directly on the site). They're currently unuploaded (you cannot access them online) and waiting for their time on some of the servers.

Don't ask me anything. I don't know anything. I'll just choose to believe my friend's words because of all the accurate details on Brawl and other games he's given me in the past.

I probably won't post again until these have been confirmed. I uploaded the files to my Photobucket account.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
the third is subspace emissary...look closely, it's an S and an E. these look real, but i'm still skeptical.

edit: speaking of icons. i recall in icon theory number 13 or something was missing...what number is captain olimar's icon?

edit2: capt. olimar is number 22. so number 13 has yet to be revealed.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
1. Game and Watch
2. ????????????
3. Square Enix or Subspace Emissary
4. Megaman

but i doubt this is real

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Game and Watch? Obvious?

Golden Sun?

SE? Is that a "Square Enix" character or something? Seems fishy to me.

X? Dunno about this one either.

edit: speaking of icons. i recall in icon theory number 12 or something was missing...what number is captain olimar's icon?
13 and 19 are missing, Olimar is 22.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Those images ar enothing like the images that are used for regular icons.

Fail. Please bring the fake insider news and spam to another forum.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I have seen them elsewhere *coughfakecough* though I would love the Golden Sun one.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Those images ar enothing like the images that are used for regular icons.

Fail. Please bring the fake insider news and spam to another forum.
Jeez, you act like he went straight to ChiTown and forced it down your throat. chill out.

and i dont think that's a square enix icon. why would they use the COMPANY'S name for the character's icon? it's almost disrespectful. Why not put a big SEGA logo for sonic?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Jeez, you act like he went straight to ChiTown and forced it down your throat. chill out.

Chill out? Because I said they were fake? They are obviously fake and he came in here saying he has insider news, just like the other 10 fakes that create threads here daily with that nonsense.

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
The game is "Smash Brothers X" in japan, so if this did happen to be legit, I believe that's what the X would represent.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Looks like Golden Sun

I'm pretty sure the SE is supposed to be Square Enix.

Last one is Megaman X

That being said I don't believe this at all. :)

Thanks though.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
but if you check everyone from sse has the smash symbol on the japanese site no one has x icon the only one that makes sense is the sun for golden sun

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
The SE one looks completely fake, IMO, and the X one (which, btw, is clearly the Megaman X logo, it's in the same font, 'chaknow) is offcentered. The Golden Sun one is way too easy to fake, and the game and watch one would only require some filling in of the old one with a paint bucket.

Then again, with the Dojo churning out surprises like Captain Olimar, I'm ready to believe almost anything now.

*edit*
Wow, and SE really is the Square Enix logo... but why the hell would every other character get an icon directly related to the game they are from, while the possible Squeenix rep just gets "Square Enix"?

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
dang i was wrong about SE. i don't think this is real then. sqeenix and megaman in brawl? too good to be true imo. although if it is true, i would be very happy....

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the real icons have transparent backgrounds, and the idea of using the company's name for an icon is ridiculous. Besides, we're all pretty sure that Mega Man is out in all forms.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It doesn't really fit Subspace Emissary either. The font used was different, and why would it get it's own icon?

It shouldn't be Square-Enix because none of the characters from Square have much chance, save for Geno and possibly Sora. Geno was SquareSOFT (before they merged with Enix) and Sora would have the KH logo, not an "SE." Neither fit.
The fact it fits the Square Enix logo proves it's fake.

The X... I don't see how it would fit "Smash Bros X" since the Japanese site uses the same Smash symbol as the rest of the sites. Megaman X? Doesn't really fit, I think they would use a more Megaman related logo than just an "X". The game X was confirmed to only have a soundtrack, no characters, stages, or ATs. Other than that, no ideas.
Again, the fact it would be Megaman's logo does not make much sense, more than likely fake.

The Sun is obvious. The Game and Watch one is obvious, there is not much you can argue against those and prove they are fake. Regardless, I find this pretty unbelievable as a whole.

Yeah, the real icons have transparent backgrounds
And there is the proof.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's icon is Sonic Team's icon.

Snake's icon is Kojima's Studio icon.

End of story. =D

Oh yeah, btw. Chaos, you must have forgotten about Mario Hoops 3 on 3 concerining Square Enix. =P

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS HAS ANY CHANCE OF BEING REAL:

Dojo icons on the website are .gif files that contain poorly rendered icons. These icons are rendered very badly and have a couple of the dark background pixels throw in arund the sides, and nothing else on a background. The dark color we see behind an icon is really the dark color of the banner in which these icons appear in front of. Since it's a .gif, the image is see-thru and allows the banner to be shown behind it.

This guy used .jpeg files and created the backgorund of the Dojo banners in a 50x50 pixel icon. Dojo icons don't have any background of any kind. he just put a .gif entension to make them more believable.

[/thread]

EDIT: Qinopio kinda gave the simplifies verison of what I just said already.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the real icons have transparent backgrounds, and the idea of using the company's name for an icon is ridiculous. Besides, we're all pretty sure that Mega Man is out in all forms.
I wouldn't be so sure Megaman is out just yet. Nintendo is known for flat-out lying to the public, and i wouldn't put it past them to pay capcom to do the same.

also, inafune seemed too giddy during his interview. perhaps he's having a little joke because MEGAMAN isn't in, but X is!

yeah, i'm reaching, but don't tear me down.

Chepe

Smash Lord
****, beaten to the Square Enix logo revelation...

Anyways, if Square got a character, then it would in fact use that icon most likely. Snake has the "Kojima Productions" logo and Sonic has the "Sonic Team" logo, 3rd parties are using company logos as opposed to series logos (where Sonic could have gotten an emerald icon instead)...

Either way, these are probably fake. And whats up with the X? It better not be the game boy X game logo... :laugh:

Serph

Smash Journeyman
They could've at least made the Square-Enix one believeable. If they really do have a representative in Brawl, then they'll use their game's icon, not the company's. :/

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
The SE logo may mean Geno since he never had his own game, and just appeared on a couple Mario games.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
They could've at least made the Square-Enix one believeable. If they really do have a representative in Brawl, then they'll use their game's icon, not the company's. :/
Because we know that Snake and Sonic aren't using their company icons. Lol xD

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
wow, after looking at this for 5 seconds I can clearly see that it is fake.
golden sun = too easy an would prolly not use that icon
G&W = too easy and even a little off hehe
SE = top right of the S is wrong so clearly fake
megaman = X has wrong porportions in the corners.
(not to say that charcters from these series won't be in)

TOO FAKE STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
THE "X" DOES NOT MEAN MEGAMAN, PEOPLE!

It's X from the Gameboy game X!
The X doesn't mean anything because these icons don't mean anything .

THEY.

ARE.

FAKE.

They've been proved fake already, can people please stop posting arguing about which series is going to be represented when they're not even real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom