• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have questions I would love answered

Taicak

Smash Rookie
1) can you turn off items in online play for random brawl, team brawl or whatever

2) can you team up with a buddy for online team brawl

3) can you talk to to people in online play via a headset like in x box (for example I know PS3 does not come with a head set but one can still chat if you buy one)

4) The game comes out march 9th, that is a Sunday, how are stores supposed to get the game if the post office is closed on Sundays? So are we really looking at march 10?

These are questions I have tried to research and I have found opposing answerers, I just want to know the facts

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
1) not sure about this

2) Yes, i believe you can have 3 players on one console online.

3) I'm not sure about this, but i don't think you can

4) I assume they'll get the game a few days earlier, because they put them on shelves on Sunday, so they'll probably have it by Saturday.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
1) Item switch is chosen by lottery between you and the random people you're playing
2) Yes
3) No
4) Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen that happened with Mario Galaxy...

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
If you had 4 players online at the same time you'd just be doing a normal brawl.

I really hope that was a joke... But i clearly can't see through something like that xD
you misunderstood me. I mean have more than 4 players in a round, like 5 to 8. since most systems only accept 4 players this could be achieved by playing online, you could even have them all coming from different consoles. All I meant was a fight with more than 4 human controlled players.

iLink

Smash Champion
1) can you turn off items in online play for random brawl, team brawl or whatever

Every player has the items set as they choose, in a match againts anyone, it chooses a random players item set.

2) can you team up with a buddy for online team brawl

You can but if you play with anybody, I'm pretty sure the teams are randomized even if the other player is playing on the same wii as you. With friends, they can be set.

3) can you talk to to people in online play via a headset like in x box (for example I know PS3 does not come with a head set but one can still chat if you buy one)

At the moment there aren't any wii headsets to talk online

4) The game comes out march 9th, that is a Sunday, how are stores supposed to get the game if the post office is closed on Sundays? So are we really looking at march 10?

Most stores get it a few days earlier but release it to the public on the actual release date.

These are questions I have tried to research and I have found opposing answerers, I just want to know the facts

Hoped that helped :ohwell:

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
eh? i don't think so. when i tried the online mode "with anyone - team brawl" i had to play wit ha random ally even though there were 4 controllers plugged in.
i can only read a little japanese though, so there could be an option to play with a friend of yours as well.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I have a question regarding the C-stick for the Gamecube controller. In Brawl, can you now use the c-stick in the single player modes to perform smashes and airs? Or is is still exclusive to the multiplayer modes?

G-X

Smash Apprentice
4) Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen that happened with Mario Galaxy...
You mean the "thing" where it was available before the release date? Yeah, God forbid that we might play it before March 9.

Top Bottom