• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question about the SSE story... *spoliers*

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the deal with Tabuu? Is he just another power-hungry villian out to make everyone else's live miserable, since he's using the ROBs and the Subspace Army toconsume the world into subspace and he used MH as a puppet, or is like an authority in the Smash Universe, since Mario/Kirby broke the rules at the beginning of the story (hence "Tabuu") and he's out to punish them and everyone else? What do you think?

tense

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I competely missed this in the story, but how did they break the rules? Do you mean when Mario restored Kirby back from a trophy? (or vice-versa; I used Mario)

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I competely missed this in the story, but how did they break the rules? Do you mean when Mario restored Kirby back from a trophy? (or vice-versa; I used Mario)
Yeah, and me too. The reason I say they broke the rules is because on the dojo website, it says "when someone [Mario]... or something [could be Kirby, but I suppose he could be someone] breaks these rules, the world will pay a terrible price".

KamiNathan

Smash Rookie
That's a really good question.

My thoughts about this are either that:

1. Using the theory that the master hand symbolizes the kid's hand as he plays with his trophies, then taboo is the kid's evil father punishing the kid.

2. On the Smash Bros Dojo, Sakurai said that when the trophies live to fight, which is the rule of the world. When someone breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price. My idea is that in the beginning of the SSE, when the winner (either mario or kirby) revives the other one and hold hands, that breaks the rules of the world, which is a TABOO.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reply! Your first theory sound very thought-through. Now I'm going to go a step farther. If the 2nd is the case, why does Tabuu punish all of the characters when it was just Mario and Kirby (well, technically, Pit did it to, but not until later)? Also, did Tabuu have all of this planned, just waiting for someone to break the rules, or did he take over the Island of the Anicients, gain control of Master Hand, capture all the Mr. G&Ws, steal Metaknight's Halberd, and recruit Bowser and Ganondorf while the match was occuring or just afterward (It seems ridiculous, but Tabuu did defeat Master Hand and all the characters without much effort, so his abilities aren't what you would call limited)?

AlexX

Smash Ace
According to Tabuu's trophy, he is from a "far-off realm," if that helps with anything.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wait.... Master hand, and ancient minister, and tabuu all confuse me.... What is the ancient ministers connection to tabuu? and his connection to master hand?

WiseWarrior

Smash Cadet
The Ancient Minisiter is an R.O.B., the leader of the R.O.B.s to be exact. He lost control over them after Ganondorf, who was obeying "Master Hand," started controling them. So the R.O.B. who joins your party is actually the Ancient Minister. After Ganondorf realizes Tabuu was controlling Master Hand, he trys to attack him, but gets turned into a trophy.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I got from reading the trophies of some SE characters. The Ancient Minister was a R.O.B. and inhabited the Floating Island of the Ancients. Tabuu took over that island and forced them to do his bidding. He then took over Master Hand, who commanded Ganondorf. Tabuu then used a substance inside Mr. Game & Watch to create Shadow Bugs, which were used to create the Subspace Army. I didn't find anything as to why he did all this, but I thought that was all pretty interesting, so I thought it'd be worth a post.

Ocean Torcher

Smash Rookie
Here's what I got from reading the trophies of some SE characters. The Ancient Minister was a R.O.B. and inhabited the Floating Island of the Ancients. Tabuu took over that island and forced them to do his bidding. He then took over Master Hand, who commanded Ganondorf. Tabuu then used a substance inside Mr. Game & Watch to create Shadow Bugs, which were used to create the Subspace Army. I didn't find anything as to why he did all this, but I thought that was all pretty interesting, so I thought it'd be worth a post.
Thanks that helped a lot I have always been wondering how Tabuu took over the ss army.

Top Bottom