• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a fever and I am bored. Let's guess the newcomers... For Smash Bros. 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yep, we got to this point. Eventually it was bound to happen. Obviously this is just a game.
Let's consider the announced characters, the unannounced veterans and the Gematsu leak guys (Chrom, Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven and Shulk) as part of Smash 4. All the others can be considered as not part of Smash 4 and so potential newcomers for Smash 5. I'll start.

1. Paper Mario. To be honest I'm shocked he's not in Smash 4 yet but whatever. Is franchise is growing in sales (even though Sticker Star was by far the worst one) and a WiiU installment is absolutely going to happen someday and I think (also hope) they'll go back to its roots. He has incredible potential and for Mario to have an alternate form like Link makes absolutely sense. He'd represent his own franchise.
2. Dillon. The fact that he's been confirmed as an assist trophy gives me hope Nintendo is trying to push his popularity. I don't know how much the two installments sold but I'm expecting, eventually, a retail release. The gameplay may change, A LOT, becoming less boring and repetitive and transforming in a weird TPS à là Splatoon.
3. Toad / Captain Toad. Yep, he got his first game as a protagonist and I think it's going to sell, a lot. Also, he is extremely recognizable even to non-gamers (I know a few people who don't play Mario but know Toad before Luigi, Bowser and Peach).

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Possibly a character from Splatoon, STEAM or the new Zelda game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Kraid

Seriously tho, if there isn't DLC for Smash 4 (which will probably happen), I think Inkling (Splatoon) and Wonder Red (Wondeful 101) are likely candidates to newcomers. Also, it is worth nothing that unless they decide to remove a few characters from Smash 4, don't expect many newcomers in Smash 5. There is a limit for how many characters a game can have, without being a gigantic unbalanced mess.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm predicting that Inkling will be a major contender for Smash 5.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Bowser Jr.
Someone from Splatoon
Captain Toad
Maybe the robot from Project Giant Robot? Then we can have more "he's too big" arguments c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom