• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate it when I'm in a For Glory match and...

Reshiramblue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Reshiramblue
3DS FC
5455-9743-9268
I beat someone like seven times in a row before losing only ONCE when I use a different character, and then they tell me that I "SUCK" and that I need to "GIT GUD" and they then leave before I get to say anything back. How to deal with the frustration?
P.S. I'm despising for glory in general; the lack of stage variety makes certain matchups black and white. Battlefield only would be a more balanced choice, but I digress.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just have tags such as "So Salty", "How Cute", and "LOL" ready in advance. This happens to me all the time and I usually manage to say at least two messages before they quit.

Alternatively you can just ignore it and let them stay salty. Getting one win after losing seven times just makes you look like an idiot, and even your opponent probably knows that.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Almost 100% of the time, people who try to smack talk will want to leave right after.

Whenever I see somebody get a lucky win and try to smack talk and I want them to keep playing so I can get the last win, I say "LOL too scared?" "GTFO Pus*y" or "run noob". They will be much less likely to leave, and then I can get that satisfactory last win and leave myself.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Enjoy winning 7-1 and making your opponent salty. On the 3DS they also often leave after they win even if I own them like 20-1. Sometimes I have a LOT of games with someone and now in hindsight I wonder a little how many people just wanted to leave after they won once but gave up after 20+ games of losing, haha.

Last edited:

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Enjoy winning 7-1 and making your opponent salty. On the 3DS they also often leave after they win even if I own them like 20-1. Sometimes I have a LOT of games with someone and now in hindsight I wonder a little how many people just wanted to leave after they won once but gave up after 20+ games of losing, haha.
This happens ALL THE TIME to me on 3DS. 90% of players leave after a single win if they've lost a few (or more) matches.

It's to the point where I'm surprised when someone stays after winning.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I just had a game where I beat someone I think about 20 times and then he leaves after he wins once. Now I regret not going R.O.B. all the time since I could have kept him playing for so long basically until he had given up. Next time I might stay with R,O.B. and let the poor noob play for a few hours until he gives up.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Ignore them. They can't see how you're reacting anyway and you can't see how they're reacting. They probably don't even mean it, obviously they are in deed "salty" when they feel the need to do so.
Important is: You know that you won the majority of games. You know what you did when you picked a different character. And you know how good or bad you are. Keep that in mind because basically you're playing FG alone so you are the only one that matters.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Ignore them. They can't see how you're reacting anyway and you can't see how they're reacting. They probably don't even mean it, obviously they are in deed "salty" when they feel the need to do so.
Important is: You know that you won the majority of games. You know what you did when you picked a different character. And you know how good or bad you are. Keep that in mind because basically you're playing FG alone so you are the only one that matters.
Yeah, for sure. I usually can't help but laugh when they do it. It's so predictable.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
You're wasting your time so don't take them seriously. If you beat them a bunch of times and lose only once, then you can smell the salt a mile away when they want to talk trash or anything like they're big shots. If they want to get into your skin and make you mad, then that means they're salty players and in rage mode about their loses.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Only got a couple salty moments online, i rarely get people like that, sad since it would be hilarious.

I destroyed a very VERY bad olimer this morning, "LOL" "NOOB" greeted me when i made it back to the character screen.

Got told to "GITGUD" by some guy that spammed Ness grab+fair tactic over and over and over again and won because i messed up my recovery.

Top Bottom