• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate fighting Pit users...

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I remember when I used to hear people complain about Fox in Melee. "Uh! They made him to fast! People who play as Fox are cheap!" Fox was my main in Melee, and after I would beat the crap out of my friends with him, they would say, "You didn't really win, because you used the cheapest character in the game. Play as a character who actually requires some skill to play as." It almost always seems like the character that someone has the hardest time beating will become the character that they consider to be the "cheapest" or most "broken".
Totally agree.

But on the other side, Pit isn't that hard when you're fighting him in close combat. You can also dodge his arrows fairly easily. I don't think he's broken because he has such a great recovery. I mean, you can't even fight back when you're trying to save your *** - and should the Icarus Wings reach their limit you will also not be able to counter the attacks.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Totally agree.

But on the other side, Pit isn't that hard when you're fighting him in close combat. You can also dodge his arrows fairly easily. I don't think he's broken because he has such a great recovery. I mean, you can't even fight back when you're trying to save your *** - and should the Icarus Wings reach their limit you will also not be able to counter the attacks.
Actually pit can attack out of wings of icurous so he's not completely vulnerable.

The pit's that I've seen thus far have all been pretty terrible however, not many seem to utilize glide as well as they should.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Pit is way too broken

He has super high priority on all his moves and that recovery isnt fair. It gets really frusterating sometimes.

he doesnt have any glaring weaknesses at all.

Pit is actually not as good as u think, he doesn't have very man finishers and if u play a character a down air spike Pit is useless. I main ROB and ROB's range is far beyond that of Pit's not only that Pit's forward B and Up air don't do enough damage compared to the amount of damage needed for Pit to finish. Also u can smash DI out of Pit's forward B and up air without receiving to much damage. Smash DI is a substitute for holding a DI direction and works by continuously smashing in the direction u want to DI.

Hope this helps u out a little : )

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Pit isn't THAT broken. I used to main him for a short time. His side b is extremely punishable, and he dosen't have that many kill moves. As many have stated before me, hitting him in mid-air while he's using his ^B prevents him from jumping or using it again, basically killing him. He is also slow moving while flying, and he turns slowly, making him even easier to hit. If you have a hard time beating him, its not because you suck or anything, it's for two reasons: 1. Pit is SLIGHTLY broken 2. You need to think more. If you don't use specific strategy and just try to beat the crap out of him, he'll beat the crap out of you.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Pit is way too broken

He has super high priority on all his moves and that recovery isnt fair. It gets really frusterating sometimes.

he doesnt have any glaring weaknesses at all.

Pit is far from broken. Pit is just really annoying because he spams arrows.

sking

Smash Rookie
Pit is certainly beatable. First, yes his side B hurts, but it can be evaded easily as long as you have a moment to react, and then you can have your way with him. Get good at sniping Pits that are using their up B to get back on stage. Any character with good projectiles or aerial abilities can be used for this.

I'll agree that Pit is very attractive for noob players, but those same players tend to get locked into repeating the same mistakes and stale moves over and over. Stop walking into it and punish them for that. Then, depending on who you are playing, get ready to hear all kinds of complaints about how they lost because they weren't using their favorite controller, etc.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pit aint broken, one hit when hes using the upb and he loses a stock, he cant recover after that, his sideb is laggy if it doesnt connects, and the only kill moves he has are his bair and fsmash, tough Usmash gets the job down too...

his recovery is good, but cmon so if charizards and metaknights, hell metaknights recovery is better IMO cause all of his b moves are recovery ones, has one more jump than pit, and auto-glides after the upb...\

and seriously saying his recovery isnt fair... it just makes u sound like a n00b,but i expect such behavoir from guys who just joined SWF due to brawls release, where other people have been since 64 and melee...

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
and seriously saying his recovery isnt fair... it just makes u sound like a n00b,but i expect such behavoir from guys who just joined SWF due to brawls release, where other people have been since 64 and melee...
good point considering brawl is more centered on knocking the opponent out of the screen instead of screwing up his recovery. if u fail at recovering in brawl...yur really a n00b.

but yeah pit isn't that broken...but i hate the fact the has 2 reflector attacks.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
He has two? Does his foward B move reflect moves too or something?

I haven't had too much trouble with Pit users. Then again, they weren't really GOOD users.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Have you tried this? I see a flaw in it: Your Din's Fire is slow, while Pit's arrows are fast. His arrows hit you, and you lose control of you Fire. Repeat process until you suicide out of frustration.
Yeah, tested it out a few times online.
Although, he stopped the arrows and just spammed >B the whole match..

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Pit is the most annoying character ever.

His Up-air reflects, his down B reflects, his <B reflects. If you get far away just spam arrows. If you get close to attack, block and grab then spam <B. Projectiles can be deflected. And his recovery is insane.

Considering you can rack up percentage quickly with Pit, then use his attacks to kill...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Only Pit's priority frustrates me, and arrow spam but I hate any projectile spam considering I main Ike. I rely on AAA combo to set me up for an offensive usually and almost all of his attacks have more priority than Ike's AAA and they are fast, and I can't Quick Draw him effectively to start an offensive because a single arrow will stop my attack.

I usually don't have much trouble with his recovery, but that's probably because a good hit at 80%+ kills him with Ike :p

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, tested it out a few times online.
Although, he stopped the arrows and just spammed >B the whole match..
It's easily to dodge if your enemy tries to spam it without control. Believe me, just dodge forward to him/her. The real hard pit-gamer are those who loves to play mindgames with you. Just one second after the start, when he shoots an arrow which will curve upwards just in the moment before it hits you. Such things have impact on your mind, because it says you "yeah, he can hit me even when I jump".

Top Bottom