• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got the one thing worse then a disk read error, and I am PISSED

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Here's my thing:

It loads without problem.
The gameplay itself works without problem.
But the music cuts out alot, Subspace Emissary movies are laggy to the point where they might as well be comic books, stage builder takes 5 minutes to load, replays don't work at all and the character portraits at the bottom of the screen take 30 seconds to load.

So I have the one thing worse then being unable to play brawl: being able to play Brawl, but with such an annoyingly messed up experience that I'm going to have to send my Wii and Brawl to nintendo anyway, meaning I'll be without a wii or brawl for YET ANOTHER WEEK OR MORE.

Now, for some choice words to help me blow off steam, please don't close this post, I just really need to do this to help me with the stages of grief:
Goddammit, ****, I wait 6 god**** years, 6 GOD**** years, and I play it, and it's awesome, but THIS STUPID THING happens, and I have to wait another GOD**** week. And it's not like I'll even be able to play Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime or even god**** Wii Sports. I hate this, I hate it all! I CAN'T TAKE THIS **** ANYMORE, I GET BRAWL AND IT'S AWESOME BUT IT STILL IS MESSED UP BY THIS STUPID DISK READER ****! JEEZ! THIS IS PROOF THERE IS NO GOD! NO GOD! WHY MUST I SUFFER? WHY? WHY!? WHY!?!?!?!

...ahhh.. I feel much better now.

See all of you guys next week when I get it back. I hope. The way things are going, the FEDEX truck/plane my Wii is going to be on will crash.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Here's my thing:

But the music cuts out alot, Subspace Emissary movies are laggy to the point where they might as well be comic books, stage builder takes 5 minutes to load, replays don't work at all and the character portraits at the bottom of the screen take 30 seconds to load.

So I have the one thing worse then being unable to play brawl: being able to play Brawl, but with such an annoyingly messed up experience that I'm going to have to send my Wii and Brawl to nintendo anyway, meaning I'll be without a wii or brawl for YET ANOTHER WEEK OR MORE.

Now, for some choice words to help me blow off steam, please don't close this post, I just really need to do this to help me with the stages of grief:
Goddammit, ****, I wait 6 god**** years, 6 GOD**** years, and I play it, and it's awesome, but THIS STUPID THING happens, and I have to wait another GOD**** week. And it's not like I'll even be able to play Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime or even god**** Wii Sports. I hate this, I hate it all! I CAN'T TAKE THIS **** ANYMORE, I GET BRAWL AND IT'S AWESOME BUT IT STILL IS MESSED UP BY THIS STUPID DISK READER ****! JEEZ! THIS IS PROOF THERE IS NO GOD! NO GOD! WHY MUST I SUFFER? WHY? WHY!? WHY!?!?!?!

See all of you guys next week when I get it back. I hope. The way things are going, the FEDEX truck/plane my Wii is going to be on will crash.
One Bad thing happens to you, and that gives you "Proof" that God doesn't exist?
I'll Give you Something! My Dad died of Leukemia, when i was 2! You don't see me swearing and wishing something bad to happen to God, WHOM I STILL BELIEVE IN!!!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how long the repair stuff takes? Is it really one week like Nintendo said, or is that a estimate that's off.

One Bad thing happens to you, and that gives you "Proof" that God doesn't exist?
I'll Give you Something! My Dad died of Leukemia, when i was 2! You don't see me swearing and wishing something bad to happen to God, WHOM I STILL BELIEVE IN!!!
Awkwaaaard.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord

Listen, I wasn't denying the existence of a higher power, I was merely saying that it was clear that it was not benevolent or gave a hoot about what happened. Sorry. I'd actually like to thank you for bringing me back to my senses with how this isn't truly bad compared to some things that go on.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
Oh shutup about god already, we definatly don't need a religions conversation in a video game forum.

Irae

Smash Cadet
You're a spoiled kid.
Have you ever been to another country outside of America or other well-to-do country?
Have you ever seen people who have no food, no shoes, no clothes, and live in a hut with no electricity?
If you haven't, you have NO RIGHT to complain.
If you have, you need to re-examine your priorities, cuz yours are WAAAAYY out of order.

Just be glad this is your biggest problem, and not that you're starving to death.

Screaming and cursing and acting like a petulant child merely reinforces my point. You need to get a life, and fast.

I think the only words to describe you are:

EPIC FAIL

kirborg

Smash Cadet
You're a spoiled kid.
Have you ever been to another country outside of America or other well-to-do country?
Have you ever seen people who have no food, no shoes, no clothes, and live in a hut with no electricity?
If you have, you need to re-examine your priorities, cuz yours are WAAAAYY out of order.

Just be glad this is your biggest problem, and not that you're starving to death.

Screaming and cursing and acting like a petulant child merely reinforces my point. You need to get a life, and fast.

EPIC FAIL
Blablabla whinewhinewhine. I don't believe for a second that if something that you looked forward to for 6 years gets delayed again that you would just shrug it off. They guy has every right to be pissed.

Epamek

Smash Cadet
You're a spoiled kid.

EPIC FAIL
Hey, I don't like to keep stuff like this going, but c'mon Irae. you know that if this happened to you, you'd be pretty pissed as well. And that goes for everyone esle posting in this forum. Let's cut the guys some slack.

Huggin', not thuggin' friends.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION! LOOK HERE! IMPORTANT!!!

This is no big problem, don't send your wii & brawl to nintendo!

the reason for the choppy movies, music, and load times is because of the same problem that happens with the read disk error. the dust on the lenses causes this, not enough to make it unreadable, but enough to mess the game up.

Just buy a lenses cleaner kit for the wii, it'll be fine

J18

Smash Journeyman
omg i really don't like all these threads about brawl not working. not cuz it's annoying, but cuz YOU GUYS ARE SCARING ME. now i'm freaking dying cuz i'm almost positive that brawl isn't going to work on my wii. (not cuz i smoke or anything, just cuz i'm unlucky like that) and i am truly scared. i've waited too long to have to wait a week to fix my wii. HOLY **** I'M SCARED

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Here's my thing:

yeah... bad luck for you it it crashes... the guys inside? nah, they have good luck, they probably wont get any injury or things break in the parcels... but you dont get it as quick!!! :O

lol... only joking

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Okay, okay, I'm through all my irrational rambling and I'm here to ask this:

Is there anyway to fix this problem with, say, ordinary home accessories? Would a dust buster possibly work (or would it break the wii?)

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Take a typical dust blower and stick it in your disk tray and spray away. It's very inaccurate, obviously, but it won't break anything.

It probably won't work, so after, take a screwdriver to your system and pry her open. Once you see the disk tray, find the lense, and take a Q-tip (or similar such thing, something cotton) dabbed with a smidge of water or, preferably, alcohol. Rub it. Take another one and try it. Piece everything back together.

You can guarantee all Nintendo is going to do is exactly that, and as long as your Wii is over a year old, your warranty is dead anyways, so no worries about voiding it, so there's no reason to send it in.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I had the same problem, the intro and Subspace movies were choppy right? The solution is updating your Wii, if you did already, turn off the wii and take the disc out then put it in again. It should work fine.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I had the same problem, the intro and Subspace movies were choppy right? The solution is updating your Wii, if you did already, turn off the wii and take the disc out then put it in again. It should work fine.

Didn't work. Called Nintendo, they suggested running it under water for a while. Gonna try that. If that fails...
well...

It's gonna be a long week.

clace

Smash Journeyman
You're a spoiled kid.

EPIC FAIL
Wow. So just because some people are worse off than him he's not allowed to be angry? That's denying him basic human emotion.

Sure, we feel bad for them but we can't all just be happy all the time. And stop trying to act high and mighty up there on your pedestal of ultimate charitableness (Um...Not sure if charitableness is a word.) The guy has every right to vent his **** anger.

Though, to completely contradict my own point, I don't think being able to play the game with a lot of bugs and stuff is worse than not playing at all. It still sucks though and I hope nintendo fixes it soon.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Though, to completely contradict my own point, I don't think being able to play the game with a lot of bugs and stuff is worse than not playing at all. It still sucks though and I hope nintendo fixes it soon.
I meant it because it's a tease: While I'm able to play it and enjoy it, the fact is is that it's still bad enough I need to send it in. And that sucks. It's like having tasted a great piece of pie then being told you can't have another piece until next week.

clace

Smash Journeyman
I meant it because it's a tease: While I'm able to play it and enjoy it, the fact is is that it's still bad enough I need to send it in. And that sucks. It's like having tasted a great piece of pie then being told you can't have another piece until next week.
Oh god. As soon as I read that memories came rushing back of opening a christmas present which i thought was gonna be a gamecube and it turned out to be clothes, just like that poor 360 kid who got clothes instead.

I understand your point now, and I'm praying you fix it. Now.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
there is no god because your brawl disc wouldn't work...i will pray to my god that you change your attitude because i am sure things could be much worse for you in your life

Pharma

Smash Cadet
GODZ DON EXITS!

Seriously people need to stfu up about their crazy supernatural beliefs. Oh and bl dude, hope you can sort it out.

Lastly, read the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

dtp882

Smash Rookie
Irae, i agree with you i was gonna say, that this probably isnt high on G-d's Priority list...

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
You're a spoiled kid.

EPIC FAIL
Quote For Truth

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Actually he has every right to complain. Isn't it something... like... freedom of speech? Right, that's it.

Top Bottom