• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I give up Marth Broads really does suck.(Now with proofz)

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Uh, as a member of the Marth community, I question those who question our replies to said sarcasm. How do you expect us to reply.
either with an lol or continuing the joke like:

11. Can't camp
12. Sword is smaller, needs more enzyte
13. Can't combo
14. Throwing is 4 teh n00bs!!!!1
15. Doesn't fight for friends (he betrayed Roy)

etc.

OR you could just NOT reply (i kno right?) and take solace that the joke wasn't funny initially (but it has turned out well, gj OP)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
either with an lol or continuing the joke like:

11. Can't camp
12. Sword is smaller, needs more enzyte
13. Can't combo
14. Throwing is 4 teh n00bs!!!!1
15. Doesn't fight for friends (he betrayed Roy)

etc.

OR you could just NOT reply (i kno right?) and take solace that the joke wasn't funny initially (but it has turned out well, gj OP)
Or we could simply state why we disagree. I mean, if you scream at me, "Pierce, you suck," why would you not expect me to state why I don't. It's the obvious, reflexive, and expected thing to do, joke or not.

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
I really have nothing to say to you anymore.

O wait, yes I do. If u don't like Marth, don use him. You don't have to tell everyone your sad story and the character's "flaws". Get laid...

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Or we could simply state why we disagree. I mean, if you scream at me, "Pierce, you suck," why would you not expect me to state why I don't. It's the obvious, reflexive, and expected thing to do, joke or not.
depends, is this hypothetical person a friend, foe, or unknown stranger?

i know me and my friends make fun of each other whether it be on the field, in a race, just throwing a baseball/football outside, or even playing brawl. So i would just laugh and shrug it off or retaliate with a snappy comeback for more fun.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
if that "proof" is what you seriously think about marth then I fully understand why you don't want to play marth anymore, because the marth I play clearly isn't in whatever you're playing.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys i strated playing Marth as my main since brawl came out.

Anyway after weeks of trianing and studying(thanks guys for Rateing my marth it helped big time)i Finaly start going to torneys.

Torney Form toruney i do decent geting better and better on the way but,

but the recent spam wave of Mk has been blocking me,the match up for me is a bit hard i can deal with it.

But what i can not mange is FIGHTING HIM EVERY BACKET it's annoying me they use him as a counter pick or a just plain main him.

So i think for now i use a winning character like Snake instead of a falling character that Marth is right now.........

Now iam sure that Marth is not Toptier and never will EVER be.

Now i got proof

1.he lacks kill move's
2.Plus Not really any options in the air(f-air is nooby)
3.can't kill at low dmg/
4.No options out of shield
5.Sucks at edgeguarding.
6.Dancing is a crap move(slow, cant combo)
7.shield breaker does not break shield(wtf)
8.takes no skill to play
9.looks like a girl(wiat She is a girl)
10.he just fails.

PEACE.

Come on Guys Why so Serious?
Agreed.

10jokes

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
I really hope you were just kidding, cause those were the crappiest reasons why marth sucked, besides the proof was almost completely wrong every way you look at it.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
It's hard as hell to kill with Marth unless you're on Battle field.

And getting back on the stage can be a *****.

But Marth is way too fun not to play.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I also want to see it reappear.

This thread is lame. If Marth is all about playing smart, why aren't we seriously playing smart with this guy and making witty comments? =(

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
I had a moment like... that... sorta not really.

Your proof is funny.
It's like smelly poo.

I feel like I wanna speak my thoughts on Marth, now.

I mained as Marth till I alternated with Snake and turned to a Snake main and alted as Marth.
But even then, my Ike, my Pikachu, my Falco, and my ZZS is better or on par with my Marth.

Ike is a bad character! Why is he matching with my Marth?! I'm just a bad Marth player.

... plus I've lost interest in Marth. His game has gotten boring. Fair and DB... Ultilt and Dtilt... Uair, Nair, Dair... Counter and SB. Dolphin Slash... as sexy as the moves once were to me... its like I've heard the same song over already. It's not sexy anymore... its dull. Nothing safe for Marth is sexy. Dtilt -> DB trap use to be sexy... then it became overused. Shield -> DS is super sexy... if they shield or you miss (unless on BF) you're gonna get punished. Offstage DS Kill is super sexy... but there's no return and you missed the sweet spot you just committed suicide. Shieldbreaker -> Broken Shield -> Wild Punishment... is also sexy, but who get shieldbroken except on occasion?

And Spiking. Marth's spike is sexy sexy sexy! but Safe? no no no. There's a thread about Rising Dairs... you can't Dair and make it sexy without possibly killing yourself... and the sweetspot is even harder to get (except backside. I use the backside exclusively)

So what is sexy?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I also want to see it reappear.

This thread is lame. If Marth is all about playing smart, why aren't we seriously playing smart with this guy and making witty comments? =(
what better way to answer a comment that isnt serious with a comment that is!
:laugh:

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Lawl, most of us just play Marth cause we like him xD

If we went for winning, this board wouldn't exist.

Either that, or the Snake boards will have 100+ topics every minute, and all other boards won't exist.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I dont even use Marth that much
and I know Marth is good
He is a bad match up for Lucas and some of my other mains...lol
I thought Marth was top tier?
Isnt he like 5th best
after MK, Snake, G&W, and ROB??
This makes me want to use Marth more:)
Hi Marth boards!!!

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
it didn't take a "hidden" message at the bottom of his post to make me realize it was a joke topic >_>. I mean all the reasons he listed about marth were jokes in themselves...

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
OK. OK.OK.

This was a Joke thread just to see if the Marth broads get a hissy fit over dum stuff.

it worked.(WTF guys 5 pages???)

Jinofcoolnes>Marth boards

Win.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
what are you talking about marth is a good character!

oh wait...

mafesto

Smash Apprentice
Now i got proof

1.he lacks kill move's
2.Plus Not really any options in the air(f-air is nooby)
3.can't kill at low dmg/
4.No options out of shield
5.Sucks at edgeguarding.
6.Dancing is a crap move(slow, cant combo)
7.shield breaker does not break shield(wtf)
8.takes no skill to play
9.looks like a girl(wiat She is a girl)
10.he just fails.
1. ... Are you serious? Go play as Sonic or Sheik then come back and say that to me.

2. Fair and Nair are great for spacing and killing. Dair can spike. Uair and Bair arn't that bad either if you know what you're doing.

3. Learn to spike/edge guard

4. I'm not sure what you're talking about here, are you talking about attacks to do out of shield? If you are then why not just Shield Grab?

5. This statement is probably the one that fails the most, Marth is an excellent edge guarder. Counter can seriously mess up some characters recoverys (especially Ike) and Shield Breaker can also be very good for edge guarding

6. Dancing Blade is considered by many as one of the best moves in Brawl

7. Uhh... charge it >_>

8. Trust me Marth takes alot of skill to play, any character takes skill to play you cant just pick up a character and automatically be great with him

9. You know that counts as trolling right?

10. Also trolling

You can hate Marth all you like, you can main Snake, you can do what ever you like but don't troll the Marth board just because you hate him and are not good with him.

Edit: I just read the spoiler tags, now I feel like an idiot...

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
1. ... Are you serious? Go play as Sonic or Sheik then come back and say that to me.

2. Fair and Nair are great for spacing and killing. Dair can spike. Uair and Bair arn't that bad either if you know what you're doing.

3. Learn to spike/edge guard

4. I'm not sure what you're talking about here, are you talking about attacks to do out of shield? If you are then why not just Shield Grab?

5. This statement is probably the one that fails the most, Marth is an excellent edge guarder. Counter can seriously mess up some characters recoverys (especially Ike) and Shield Breaker can also be very good for edge guarding

6. Dancing Blade is considered by many as one of the best moves in Brawl

7. Uhh... charge it >_>

8. Trust me Marth takes alot of skill to play, any character takes skill to play you cant just pick up a character and automatically be great with him

9. You know that counts as trolling right?

10. Also trolling

You can hate Marth all you like, you can main Snake, you can do what ever you like but don't troll the Marth board just because you hate him and are not good with him.

Edit: I just read the spoiler tags, now I feel like an idiot...
lawlz

10char..

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I don't consider it trolling because it(well IMO) is written very clearly like a joke(which it is a joke).

Trolling, would be this.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
where is yours? internet tough guy
So would you rather me reply to this defending myself, or simply point out that I don't go around making not funny threads as a joke to insult people, and then declaring myself 'holier than thou'?

Plus, I said nothing 'tough'

Lastly, I've met Jin in person. He's pretty chill. Decent Marth. Beat me in a ditto.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Its not Marth as a character that sucks but maybe you as a Marth-er haven't had enough experience to take the MKs. With practice you could beat 'em.

Plus, MK is way overated.

Top Bottom