• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I find this game to be much more balanced than melee

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
After playing online for awhile i have realized that so far this game is much more balanced than melee characters wise. Obviously their are still tiers and characters that will be better/worse than others (please don't mention specific characters in this thread).

But so far a few of my mains have been considered not so good/worthless to these boards yet i am beating up 1on1 matches with characters that are regarded as much better or broken. I understand that items in the matches have helped me to win and lose some matches.... but items dont account for everything (although they do amplify the luck factor much more).

I think it is due partly to the slower pace of the game along with the degraded aerial game.

I also realize that it hasnt been out more than a few days in the U.S. and only about a month and a half in Japan so the game WILL evolve over time maybe unbalancing the characters (or maybe even balance them more)

Does anyone feel this game to be more balanced? And please i ask of you dont mention specific characters just use general terms as this is not a specific character tier discussion. And please don't flame me as this is only an opinion, i am not necassarily right.

-The Zaba

P.S. if anyone wants to exchange friend codes that would be great I am looking for some good challenges to bring up my skill level. (I am from WA)

FC:5026-4089-0547 (Online name is ZABA)

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
thats why Brawl wins at everything in life.

its awesome.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I also feel maybe Sakurai payed attention to the competitive scene a little and saw how he had to make adjustments to the game to balance the characters out

Archetype chaos

Smash Rookie
I still think its too early for this game to be considered balanced. The players are still discovering new techniques and strategies. Eventually players might find a way to completely gimp a character. As of right now I can you can say it is balanced but I don't think it will be that way for very long.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
It feels just as unbalanced, if not more unbalanced than Melee. Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Sonic are all much worse than Mewtwo was in Melee. However, I don't think anyone in Brawl is quite at the level of Melee Fox, Falco, Sheik and Marth in terms of effectiveness.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I haven't really played with anyone that I find bad yet...

Yeah some characters are easier to pick up than others.... but overall most of them seem pretty usable... but ive only had the game for a few days XD

B J

Smash Cadet
I think it is due partly to the slower pace of the game along with the degraded aerial game.
Degraded aerial game? possibly it is just me, but i feel Brawl's Aerial game has been upgraded, not degraded.

and i also agree with archetype

Metaphysik88

Smash Rookie
I still think its too early for this game to be considered balanced. The players are still discovering new techniques and strategies. Eventually players might find a way to completely gimp a character. As of right now I can you can say it is balanced but I don't think it will be that way for very long.
I agree with you. I think that it will take some time before character's strats are perfected.

Top Bottom