• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I finally won 1st place at a tournament!

sharpman5000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-1852-6914
It was a small time tournament at IdaGamer in Trussville, but I'm still super happy about it anyways!

Anyone have any advice for future tournaments? I plan on going to more tournaments, and I wanna learn everything that I can...

(Let me know if this needs to be posted elsewhere.)

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Keep up the good work. By the way, who did you win with, and how many players (approximately) were in the tournament?

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Idk how many players but I'm guessing by his wall of Samus mains on his profile I'd go with Samus lol. But good work man. Performance on any stage takes requires composure and skill.

GabPR

Smash Lord
Dont get too confident, keep practicing and always remember that you can be your best critique, so if you can review your matches and analyze what could you have done better, grats on the wins.

sharpman5000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-1852-6914
Thanks, ya'll! :D

There were maybe around 12 ~ 15 people? No more than 15 definitely... I didn't lose a singe set, which surprised me. (I mean, I lost 2 or 3 matches, but I didn't get sent to losers or had a bracket reset)

And thanks for the advice, GabPR!

And yes, I won with Pink Samus. <3

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Samus 4 life, man. Congrats! Under repped in PM from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Dont get too confident, keep practicing and always remember that you can be your best critique, so if you can review your matches and analyze what could you have done better, grats on the wins.
Great advice.

Build on it.

Remember that both victory and defeat offer valuable information, you can win badly and lose well - take any information you can! Just get to more events, keep trying to play better and better players - find people to punish mistakes and drill out any bad habits you have.

Keep it going, hopefully many more 1st places to come.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
From a fellow bounty hunter to another...Never stop firing shots and taking names.

All day, every day.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Winning my first tournament, or at least winning money for the first time, feels really cool.
Try to make it consistent, then you'll look really cool.

Although the thrill will weaken

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
definitely a good feeling. it took me like 3 years of playing really seriously before i did in mid 2011. can't believe it's been that long since then, haha.

dr.$

Smash Rookie
CONGRATURATION
but seriously congrats i still have to win something haha
the scene in connecticut isn't big

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
~Not if you don't look~
I run tournaments biweekly in CT and CT's scene, while small, is around. You just gotta be determined to get out 'dere.

Top Bottom