• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I fear kirby

J4pu

Smash Champion
I was playing with my friend for fun and he randomed kirby (he cant play kirby for **** hes a GW main) and I just happened to get falco with random. he sucked me up one time and started imitating my SHDL with kirby, only for kirby it's a SHTL and all 3 of them hit Falco WTF!!!
I am now officially afraid of Kirby mainers

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
kirbys are pretty good. they are also underated as kirby is fast-ish has, inhale (and kirbycide), a comboing dash attack and good recovery (not the best, but w/e)

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
I think kirby has a good advantage over falco. Hard to hit with lasers, aerials when kirby is grounded, and kirby has an insane grab game against falco. All that plus sh3l, it gives me a headache. I hate playing kirbys.

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
Yeah, kirby is hard to hit with lasers but that can be changed. Falco doesn't have to a camper. He can get aggresive and play in the air preferably with nair. That's where kirby will lose. The SHTL can be reflectored and shielded, just learn your opponent. And his grab game is crazy but im sure there's a way around it :laugh:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Kirby is Falco's only true counter pick. Maybe even Zelda, but I haven't played a good Zelda. I played the best Pikachu in Florida(credit from constant central and south florida tournaments) and beat him in a tournament 2-0. He's really good; it's not a bad counter though.

Kirby is the only character that I see that we should worry about as a counter pick. Snake, MK, and G&W are just good characters.

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
Kirby's air game is actually where he excels, so if i were u, i wouldn't follow him up there. W e have wuite possibly the greatest combo potential in the game, and falco's heavy a** just makes it that much easier.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
DarKirby, Falco isn't heavy. He's of the lighter characters in the game. And who chases Kirby into the air? Let him approach us. We'll stay away from an air-kirby and lasor him relentlessly. Besides, back-air outranges most of Kirby's attacks, so we can still compete in the air.

Kirby's Up-B move is relatively useless against a careful falco who knows how to reflect, spot dodge or shothop. If you fear "SHTL," then don't get swallowed. And Kirby's Down-B, though difficult to punish with physical attacks, is easily punishable with lasor/reflector.

I think Kirby is a difficult matchup, but we're giving Kirby too much credit here. Metaknight is a far more difficult matchup than this. Better ariels...better ground game; better everything.

Top Bottom