• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't care what everyone says!

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
SAMUS IS THE BEST!!! She's got flames and electricity damage =D

Nah seriously she aint half bad though, clearly underated. I picked her up yesterday after a few trials, you just have to get a good concept of block recovery, and priroity...
People seem to hate her cuz she's got little to no vids.

anyone ever try to main her?discuss?

so swanky

Smash Rookie
samus is so bad

samus is the most frustrating character to play against, her up b move makes her completely invincible and counters everything, she surrounds herself in bombs also making her invincible, and she can just hide around shooting her gun all game, i hate samus more than any other character by far

Thino

Smash Master
samus is the most frustrating character to play with, her up b move makes her completely vulnerable when its DI'ed out of and open for any attack, she surrounds herself in bombs also making her an aerial bait, and she can just hide around shooting her gun all game only when noone cares about her, i hate samus more than any other character by far
I agree completely

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
If you are good, you can play any character well. Samus isn't very fun to play for extended periods of time so not too many people play her.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
samus is a drag to play with if you're used to fast action or heavy combos. the sudden slowness gets really annoying.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman

LOL

On a serious note...Have you even tried other characters?
er I play can play all characters >.> I'm not new here BHLMRO... I just said samus is interesting to play as but lol since i see no one plays her seriously i might just as well quit yoshi and falcon and pick her up =P.

I like how most of her moves involve mind games.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
er I play can play all characters >.> I'm not new here BHLMRO... I just said samus is interesting to play as but lol since i see no one plays her seriously i might just as well quit yoshi and falcon and pick her up =P.

I like how most of her moves involve mind games.
Dreday plays samus and ownz with her quite a bit. Beat dreday in a samus ditto and i'l respect ur first post.

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
I main Samus (for what little time I play this game), and I have to say, anyone who can get camped by a Samus should go back to turn-based games.

I can recall only once where I managed a combo over two hits, in all seriousness, that led to a kill (and, just for fun, try guessing what the killing move was). Her only saving grace is her above-average aerial game.

D-air to b-air = Samus

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
:laugh:

Regardless of whether or not they are stringed together, bair and dair are Samus's bread and butter, there's no denying that.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have anything to add to this, but what is the point of Samus's u-air? I've never understood the point of that move...
Mindgames.
Samus upward progress allows you to see what your opponent does and gives you a chance to react. Lots of times I noticed they go for an attack while falling. So a bomb or spike follow up is good or you can back away if they reacted quick enough.

Also it can be done after F-air in the same jump. So something like this F-air -> U-air -> Bup is possible.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Off topic, but turn-based fighting has been done and can be quite interesting, though odd. That's all I'm gonna say though, but if you're curious try googling something like "free turn-based fighting game".

I like Samus's usmash btw, slow startup but it's sexy, unexpected, and somewhat underrated. Plus it can sometimes setup for combos.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I like Samus's usmash btw, slow startup but it's sexy, unexpected, and somewhat underrated. Plus it can sometimes setup for combos.
It's an awesome shield breaker, somehow i broke someone's shield using usmash it was prety random though, i did an usmash just after he rolled behind me near the small wall on the left side of Hyrule Castle, when his roll frames ended he activated his shield while my usmash was comming out, his shield took like 3 hits then it broke xP.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I main Samus (for what little time I play this game), and I have to say, anyone who can get camped by a Samus should go back to turn-based games.

I can recall only once where I managed a combo over two hits, in all seriousness, that led to a kill (and, just for fun, try guessing what the killing move was). Her only saving grace is her above-average aerial game.

D-air to b-air = Samus

Yea, that kind of sums it up. I am still learning her, but I think I am getting an idea of what to do with her (I am playing with some good players). However, it is pretty frustrating to see that every other character in the roster has some good combos, and Samus sits there without much answer to them. And seriously - the charge shots are good to slow down someone's approach, but she gets out camped by every other projectile.

However, her aerials all stand out for one thing or another (just not for comboability), she has a really nice f-smash, and the charge shots are great...but thats about it.

Samus is always a strange character to play, in classic and in melee. She just does her own thing in terms of style.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
I started to main samus as a sub main all cause of Dre's sexi new combo vid. Samus is great only because of her great metagame that compliments her moveset. The uair is a really important move for mindgames because what's a better way to approach an opponent, Full jump to dair? I would say to whiff uair and use a bomb, laser or dair. The uair is mostly used for whiffing to trick your opponent. Samus also has good uses for her dash pivots and short hop outta shield and upb outta shield. If the person is pressuring you and all you're doing is shielding, then use an upb outta shield. Works great. Also, not a lot of people short hop outta shield as I experienced on EGX. Do a short hop outta shield and smack a dair. What I don't like is when people think that Samus's only real sexiness show from her dair to bair spams. A good Samus is just like a good Mewtwo because even though they both sux ballz in teh tier list, they are played at the highest metagame, which means people use more of their mind than technical skill to fight. Ya see, a good Samus like Dre will read you like a Dr.Seuss book, with tech chases to grabs and stuff everywhere. They'll know everything you're going to do because they don't have to worry much about technical skill and so they have time to think and plan. Mindgamez son, 'nuff said.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
you got to be flippin kidding me >_> what the hell is up with this forum? I just posted a flippin LONG post that served a good **** purpose. Man, I'm pretty pissed. My post is goneeeee >_>. Does anyone else experience this? My profile logs out like mad.

EDIT: Delete this post, just when I posted this, my other post showed up.......what a drag, or I'm just a nublet.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
Well after playing her I found some use for some of her underlooked moves.

f-air is good against lightweight and they can follow up each other if used correctly
down smash can lead to a combo situation depening on the surroundings.
Her dash can be followed up if it's faint hit above ground.
pellet bullets (uncharged bullets) are good distractions if shot randomly.

my first seven hit combo with samus in hyrule.
lower right between the green tower and the wall: spike -> delayed down b bomb -> spike -> b air (while retreating left) -> f air to the platform + edge cancel -> f air coming down -> forward smash up tilt(or maybe charge beam?).

Although it's not from 0%... It works.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Once, I did a dair->uair->fair->nair->charged B!

...And then I woke up.
It's fun to make up combos that could work, only if a few things were tweaked. It almost seems like they made her horrible on purpose.

I tried to learn Samus because I was horrible at Jiggly dittos. Then I realized that Fox and Pika are better and easier.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Samus in Melee good? Yes. In 64? Not at all. She's to slow, and you can't go through any combos.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
SAMUS IS THE BEST!!! She's got flames and electricity damage =D

Nah seriously she aint half bad though, clearly underated. I picked her up yesterday after a few trials, you just have to get a good concept of block recovery, and priroity...
People seem to hate her cuz she's got little to no vids.

anyone ever try to main her?discuss?
Use her against good people, then try to figure out why you're getting rolled every match.
Rumors say you'll magically have the feeling to use Pikachu or Kirby.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
Use her against good people, then try to figure out why you're getting rolled every match.
Rumors say you'll magically have the feeling to use Pikachu or Kirby.
i used her against good people dont worry, as i said im not new at this game and have played it on kaillera longer than some if not most of you >.>... I barely win matches usually and the hardest matchup so far for me is falcon. Kirby and pika seem to be easier cuz they are lightweights. I'm not saying they are but I feel more at ease.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
CFalcon shouldn't be your harder than Pikachu and Kirby since Samus is like, the only low tier CFalcon somewhat struggles against. But if you feel better fighthing them, then whatever. Hmm...who exacty have you played?

Moocow007

Smash Ace
CFalcon shouldn't be your harder than Pikachu and Kirby since Samus is like, the only low tier CFalcon somewhat struggles against. But if you feel better fighthing them, then whatever. Hmm...who exacty have you played?
uhh he's played me, that's validation enough. BTW fabrian is old school, don't be spouting yo unedumacated doodoo about him all over.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Whoa, Moocow, I thought you died. You were the one who got me into ssb64 (my name was foxandfalco back then).

Top Bottom