• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't buy this "by 2014 they mean HOLIDAY 2014" business

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember, December 31st 2014 is still 2014, you know.

If the game is delayed for some reason, it's for the best, since more time will be dedicated to the game's development and we will have a better quality experience once it releases.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be the complete opposite optimistic and say that Smash 4 will hit between February and May of 2014.
Mark those words, because I'm going to sing them from every hilltop in the smash kingdom if they come to fruition.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Don't forget that they can patch the game easily now, so they could release a version early and patch the holes later on. I know this impact the overall quality of a title, but most developers tend to do this to respect their deadlines.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Don't forget that they can patch the game easily now, so they could release a version early and patch the holes later on. I know this impact the overall quality of a title, but most developers tend to do this to respect their deadlines.

No, that's a trend many developers do nowadays. Just because patches exist these days doesn't give them an excuse to release a unfinished game. What Sakurai has said is that he will focus completing the game as much as possible, adding as much content as he can (he mentioned characters during this statement, so hopefully this means we won't get a underwhelming roster). There's no plans for DLC either, he said. It's something that could happen sometime after the game has been released.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Well, I knew that before you posted that reply
your join date goes really far back...

You really remind me a lot of my younger 7th grade-8th grade self, I was dead excited for Brawl and couldn't wait for it,
I was in 7th grade when Brawl came out, and now i'm entering college when SSB4 comes out, equally excited as I was back then.
Man, it's so awesome being back here in Smashboards again xD

superorez

Smash Rookie
I think it'll be late 2014 or delayed to 2015 just like brawl.=/ Unless they pull a Capcom and give us half a game and the rest dlc, but I know nintendo isn't like that.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I thought the same. 2014 is unbelivable early. It would be beyond awesome if it's true but I'm 90% skeptical about it.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I thought the same. 2014 is unbelivable early. It would be beyond awesome if it's true but I'm 90% skeptical about it.
Unbelievably early it is not. Brawl was in development for 27 months. If SSB4 came out December 31, 2014 (still technically 2014) it will have been in developement 34 months. It just seems early because last time they gave us game footage a fair bit earlier in development.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Personally I wouldn't mind if they delayed the game to polish it, or they delayed development for a brief period of time to give Sakurai a break. Poor guy.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
If they delayed to 2015 that would by no means be the end of the world. If that would help development that would actually be a good thing. I'm just saying that the notion of them releasing next summer is not unrealistic.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
It's farther along in development than brawl was at E3. I'm hoping for early/spring 2014. Who knows how far they really are right now, like some people are saying. They could have several more characters and stages than we already know right now just waiting to be revealed. Sakurai wouldn't reveal all their work so far in just the E3 trailer and Nintendo Direct.

On the other side, if waiting longer for the game will improve quality and online multiplayer; then I'm all for it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Jesus no. This is typical EA behavior.

SonicFlash

Smash Rookie
Why did they pick 2014. they been in development in 2 years. but then again

"after 3 years in development hopefully it would be worth the weight." - gaben talking about HL2 and his weight

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why did they pick 2014. they been in development in 2 years. but then again

"after 3 years in development hopefully it would be worth the weight." - gaben talking about HL2 and his weight

It's only been in development since Kid Icarus: Uprising was completed/shipped. They announced it before they started working on it.

Top Bottom