• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I discovered a new(I hope new) 'technique'.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
First off, this is not to be confused with what SamuraiPanda discovered. It is very similar to the B-sticking and wavebouncing, but it is not the exact same thing.

Secondly, I'm not positive if this is new or not. I haven't seen anything about it before, and I used the search bar many times. But I did study this technique on the game for a long time to make sure my hypothesis was correct.

Here's how to do it. Do a backward jump, and either 1. Use the c-stick to do a side special the same direction you were facing when you jumped, or 2. Use the c-stick to do a down special, or 3. Use the c-stick to do an up special.

This will either:

Turn your character around before you use the move.
Or turn you character around before you use the move, and gain momentum.

Some of them are very unhelpful, and some of them have potential to be very helpful, like Yoshi's up special.
However, this doesn't work on everyone, so I've made a list.

Note: Many times when testing with this, I discovered that you can do the exact same thing without having to use the C-stick, like when you do this 'technique' with Captain Falcon's Up-special, he will turn around. But you can turn his up special around without with having to do this technique. So, this is a list of the moves you must have the c-stick turned on specials to do.

Yoshi's UP SPECIAL

Link's UP SPECIAL, AND SIDE SPECIAL

Zelda's SIDE SPECIAL

Toon Link's UP SPECIAL AND SIDE SPECIAL

ZZS' UP SPECIAL, SIDE SPECIAL, AND DOWN SPECIAL

R.O.B.'s UP SPECIAL AND DOWN SPECIAL

Kirby's UP SPECIAL

King Dedede's SIDE SPECIAL AND DOWN SPECIAL

Fox's UP SPECIAL

Falco's UP SPECIAL

Wolf's UP SPECIAL

Pikachu's DOWN SPECIAL

Lucario's SIDE SPECIAL

Jigglypuff's SIDE SPECIAL

Marth's DOWN SPECIAL

Ike's DOWN

Ness' SIDE SPECIAL AND DOWN SPECIAL

Lucas' SIDE SPECIAL AND DOWN SPECIAL

Mr. Game & Watch's SIDE SPECIAL

Snake's SIDE SPECIAL

Sonic's SIDE SPECIAL AND DOWN SPECIAL

Like I said before, these are not the only moves that work with this technique, these are the ones that you cannot perform without using the c-stick to do specials.

F.A.Q.

Please pm me any errors that I made in this thread, and I will credit you.

Also, I have no way of making a video of this, so if someone could, that's be great.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It seems far too easy to do to not have been discovered by now. I mean, people have been B-sticking long enough to have discovered this.
-___-

But I'm no authority on b-sticking, so I'll let somebody else pass judgement on this. I would have thought that this was just a subset B-sticking, so at the very least I would not think it a new AT.

If its new, grats, if not, bad luck, maybe use the search function next time : D

EDIT:
I didn't want to call it wavebouncing either, which is why I chose 'subset of b-sticking'
lmao.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Turn your character around before you use the move.
Nothing new, everyone is aware of this and has been for some time.
Or turn you character around before you use the move, and gain momentum.
This is just wave bouncing (I hate that name, but I don't know what else to call it).

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
It might have been discovered but I have never seen it posted. By the way this may look like my 4th post but don't worry this is a new account. JawaJedi, I applaud you on having the initiative to post a thread like this.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I do this all of the time with Falco's laser. You jump backwards, press B and in the direction that you jump. This makes him shoot, but get pushed in the opposite direction.

I don't use the C-stick to do it. Can sometimes be helpful.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I personally think b-sticking is a bit over-hyped. I don't think it does enough to justify changing your controller configuration knowhutimean? I understand it's good to know because we want to know ALL the ins and outs of the game, but let's be honest, is it really a technique that if used will tip the scales in the user's favor? I honestly don't think so.

My usual disclaimer: IMHO :)

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
If its new, grats, if not, bad luck, maybe use the search function next time :)
If you had actually read my post, I said that I used the search bar, and I had no idea if it was new or not. I was just posting what I found.

Nothing new, everyone is aware of this and has been for some time.

This is just wave bouncing (I hate that name, but I don't know what else to call it).
The very first thing I said in this thread was this was not b-sticking or wavebouncing. You should've actually attempted this before judging what it is.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just did it with lucas' sideb. It works great. It's kinda sad that some people bstick just so they can do this same thing, but without having to change their controls. Thanks for sharing man.

Top Bottom