• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't into DI

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
No matter how many times I try, I just can't seem to figure out DI. Sometimes I can do it, other times not. Watched countless videos, read countless guides, still doesn't seem to consistently work.

Is there some trick that I'm missing? Is it the fact that I'm using a Gamepad instead of a GC controller? I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It's different depending on which way your launched.

Horizontally - Hold towards the opposite direction.

Vertically - Depending on which corner of the blast zone you're closer to you want to DI towards either the left or right.

You also have to take into account "rage" as some attacks you'd normally survive may kill regardless of how you DI.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
It's different depending on which way your launched.

Horizontally - Hold towards the opposite direction.

Vertically - Depending on which corner of the blast zone you're closer to you want to DI towards either the left or right.
Yeah, I know. Every video explained that. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't.

What about for throws? Sometimes I can DI out of Ness' rage-inducing throw -> fair fair fair fair fair combo, but other times I can't.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Yeah, I know. Every video explained that. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't.

What about for throws? Sometimes I can DI out of Ness' rage-inducing throw -> fair fair fair fair fair combo, but other times I can't.
Some combo throws can't be DI such as that one for example until higher percents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom