• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't beat Mario

P-Zombi

Smash Rookie
I've recently played with a bunch of Mario players and I am not able to win them. The Dthrow + Utilts combo just f**ck me up at low %, and it seems that there's a lot of moves that have priority over mine. And then there is the cape and the fireballs which aggravate the situation even more. Maybe I'm just bad too, but i think that this MU goes like 3:7 over Captain Falcon.

I would like to ask you for some advice to beat Mario as Captain Falcon. Thank you :D

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Captain Falcon has more reach than Mario on some of his moves. Down tilt and forward tilt come to mind. Plus, let's not forget the reach of Falcon's running grab. And airborne, Mario's ok, but he can't hold a candle to the kickflip (uair).

That said, try to outrange Mario on the ground (footsies time!), and when you create an opening, juggle him with kickflips. If you time it right (and at the right percentage), you can even finish it with a knee.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Honestly this is definitely a really difficult mu for falcon. Mario's edgeguarding and guaranteed ~60% off a dthrow is really rough.

Falcon outranges Mario sure, but Mario can really zone you out with fireballs. You have to be careful with approaching with dash -> shield otherwise you're going to get grabbed which will lead into a nasty combo.

Like most mu's, getting Mario into the air is going to really help so you can juggle with uair. Something to keep in mind is good Mario's can shift their momentum in the air with their dair.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dash grab. Dash grab is the best approach you have, IMO. It's so fast. Try to bait them before using a dash grab, though, like for example whiffing a dash attack far away from Mario, so he thinks you'll dash attack again, and just use shield.

P-Zombi

Smash Rookie
Ok! I'll put in practise what you told me today. Maybe I won't be able to do it perfectly in the first match, but I know that eventually, I will improve and f**k up any Mario!

Thank you all! :D

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Try training mode with mario dummies, that will at least help you get a sense of how captain falcon's attacking strategy interacts with mario's weight and other physics. Understanding the most efficient way of knocking your opponent around, I.E. understanding how to keep their hitstun going, is probably your best bet, because thats what the good mario players are doing to you, so maybe it might work really well on them.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I once had a match against a truly EVIL Mario player... xD He just stood near the edge of the stage, then when I tried to attack/grab he dodged, grabbed me, threw me off the stage and FLUDDed me. If he failed, he repeated the process. I just couldn't find a strategy to beat him!

I wanted to fight him again, but he left immediately after 1 match. Like I said , evil... :p

Top Bottom