• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I ask for your assistance with a project

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Hello Smash World Forums- it's been awhile since I've come here to talk Smash and I have a feeling none of you probably know me. Yet, I ask for your assistance. I am doing a final project for my journalism class on the video game culture. One aspect of this is forums and websites, so I was hoping to get some of you to answer a few questions.

Why do you come here to Smash World?

What got you started coming here?

What do you think of the community here?

Have you met people online that you may not have otherwise? How close are you to them?

I will gladly send the final paper to anyone who so desires or post it here. I thank you all in advance and look forward to hearing your stories.

[Moderators, I apologize if this is in the wrong section as well, but it seemed to be the best place on the site.]

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Originally, it was to look for tournies and stuff, but all of that information kinda just comes to me now. Now, all I'm really doing is having conversation with my crewmates, posting here and there just for the sake of it.

The first big tourney I ever enter, I did very well, especially given he lack of experience I had. I started coming here to look at techniques and stuff and it has greatly improved my game.

It depends on where you're at. Certain boards have very colorful people that are easy o get along with, other boards have clashing personalities and arguments every few pages. Of course, I stray away from those pages, but I peek inside just to watch sometimes.

Have you met people online that you may not have otherwise? How close are you to them?
I've met a ton of people from Smashboards in real life. Being a regular tourney goer in PA, having attended a number of tournaments in Jersey as well, it's only natural that you'd see someone and say "Hey, you're on Smashboards." Of course, that feeling only lasts for the first one or two tournies, 'cause by then you start to realize that most tournament players are on Smashboards.

Please, please, no more questions. *stands up and walks away from podium*

sammy p

Smash Lord
well, at first i have come here, because i kinda got into the competitive aspect of smash Bros, and i thought i would test myself against other brawlers here on the site.

Honestly, i just... kinda found the place :laugh: i said to myself "hey, now that i like playing brawl competitively, maybe i can see if im actually decent at this game against other people online!"

i love this place. ive gotten to talk to countless people, and play them as well, that i would not have gotten the opportunty to do so otherwise! its a cool thing to be able to talk to people around the world about one game
im very fond of this place and expect to come here for a long while

YES! i like to say that i am very close to them. most of the time we dont even talk about brawl, but just.... talk about just about anything that comes to mind

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I have friends on here, and it's overall an enjoyable place.

I wanted to get better at Brawl, and there was a link to it in the Prima guide.

For the most part, it's inviting and full of interesting people. Especially the people that aren't just here for smash, like the Disco Roomers and the User Blogs people.

Yes, most definitely. I've become pretty darn close to some people that I met on here.

Hope this helps you with your project.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I came to this site to become a better smash player

My friend showed me the site and I just got addicted to it.

Great and some times not so great, it really depends on their mood and what your talking about

Yea I've met lots of friends that I love to talk to! It gives me nightmares to imagine not ever meeting them.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Really awesome
Really shows how diverse the word gamer really is and shuts down a lot of negative stereotypes ^__^

PS. Miami U is awesome. Cousin goes there at the moment. Great school!

Top Bottom