• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am soooo freaking amazing at desynching

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i always enjoyed your edge guarding.
but ima stop d1ckriding you, andre.
you're already cocky as balls. LMAO
so ima say you suck from now on.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
with fox just laser them

with sheik the blizz eats needles but surely u can wait for blizz and then shoot fully charged needles

with marth just dont run into it.

desynch blizz is a move used to space against chars who dont have projectiles to cause a free grab or at least protect yourself from approaches. with marth u just wanna try to space it and look for the right time to approach cuz blizz is the only thing ic's have that is as long as marth's sword. marth vs ic's is dangerous on both sides it's really easy to knock marth off with a grab and edge guard him, but marth can 0-death nana at any moment and has an easier time than other top tiers at killing popo.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
With Sheik you can either used fully charged needles, (just wait for the blizzard and the needles should outlast it), or SH over it.

With Marth, f-smash doesn't work because hitbox moves forward into the blizzard. You can bait by jumping near them and double jumping away, use f-air to counter any approach, but really you won't have to deal with blizzard as much if you range camp them the whole time.

With any character if blizzard hits you, react quickly and SDI upwards and you'll already be out of grab range.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Short hopping over blizzards with Sheik is risky since ICs like having Sheik directly above them, although I can definitely see it working. I don't think short hopping over the blizzard would be viable if the blizzard is done via the belay OoS desynch, though. It's probably best to just not approach at all and wait for openings between blizzards in which you can shoot needles.

I think Marth's dtilt outranges blizzard, but you need to space it really well. Shieldbreaker might work, but I don't see why anybody would use it over dtilt.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well put. lol
does every ic like to randomly short hop blizz at you?
or is that just chok?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i do it against floaties. random short hop blizz covers their air approaches. peach's float, luigi stuff, jigglypuff stuff. pretty useful

running short hop blizz also eats falco's laser and nana attacks him at the same time

Sleepy

Smash Ace
if you want to fight IC's ground to ground blizz versus needles, probably a better idea jsut to hold onto your needles, since needles go pretty quick across the screen and blizz can't be spammed constantly, just wait for the gap. Even if the IC player's nana absorbs the needles for popo (as in she gets hit during blizz recovery). She still is easier to eliminate (which is pretty key for shiek since fighting popo alone is so much easier. I wouldn't advise attempting needle camping though, unless you charge the needles that will hold down the IC player for a certian amount of time. Spamming non charged needles doesn't sound like a good idea, doubt though shieks will do that, but I've seen DSF do it.
Marth's Dtilt is abuot the same range as blizz I think, but also if she is desynced doing blizz, popo can jump over the dtilt and fair marth. but, you could always wait for blizzard close to finish then go for tipper fsmash. It might help to DI out really far with marth to avoid meeting bairs dsmashes and fsmashes. During blizzards and not.

IC players shielding can do the shield upb cancel into blizz to take offense off their opponent and for free grabs. Kinda rare though you get a chance that doesn't put the hitstun on your shield and leave your characters open to freely do it.

My solutions: (Possible)
Marth : don't use dtilt in this matchup, standing A and forward smash outrange too easily, projectiles are weak and you have air superiority. Don't grab in this matchup unless it's solo popo (which is wierd because marth grabs a ton). 80- death % use forward b to launch them possibly into fsmash and such. DI hard out on a lot of moves, when nana is around.

Shiek : horizontal distances aren't friendly to shiek and needle spam, choose places where the IC's have to chase shiek. Use needle turnarounds off high platforms (like bfield, dreamland 64). Bigger may be better for these stages (considering IC's have trouble with air advances unless they're below you). Remember shiek has an easy time fairing IC's and killing them on recovery. Use higher charges of needles, after blizzard. Dual IC blizz leaves almost no time for them to setup moves after that. Single IC blizz will lock shiek down if she gets caught. If you're above IC's they aren't likely to blizz you anyways.

Fox: Space your jumps better than normally, I would say on average use jumps that will reach the back of Ic's or inside all the time, make sure they don't have setup to avoid with WD's. If the IC player has to do solo blizz, tey have to desync by some type of command. you see ground dodge, you're free to jump above the second before the blizz and nair shine. Double blizz will keep him at bay for a short time, but hey fox is an animal and he's quick. Don't be afraid to wait the IC player out if they're using solo blizz and desyncs to approach. Chu does that iceblocks desync jumping approach in order to intimidate his opponent, what if the opponent just empty jumped over all the ice blocks and avoided blizzards waited until an opening and nair/baired the popo?

If any of this helped I hope, not sure.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I CAN BEAT CHOK'S IC'S WITH PEACH NOW
lol
sadly i didn't used to be able too.
now i... am... unstoppable

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sorry marth is the easiest one to chain throw that way , i have done it it with my eyes closed till he was at 327 in training sorry but IC's need something in that match up and i wouldn't know because my brother throws the controller on the floor every time i do it (he knows he's beaten)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Marth can actually escape easily... Ganon and Falcon are the prime targets for reverse d-air (semi-floaties can escape quickly). Falcon might be able to SDI out at somewhere between 80-90%.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i **** m2k with the reverse dair, but i blizzard and jab out of pattern for he can't get out so marth players get *****

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when choknater was playing mango, he edge hogged him for the kill but nana jabbed him for no reason.

LMAO @ NANA SAVING PEOPLE

PB&J

Smash Hero
are there vids of chok vs mango.....

and the nanapault is prob your hardest but best desynce..and if u really suck at it up b out of sheild to blizzard ..it is a good alternative

Top Bottom