• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I actually got a "With Anyone" game for once!

PK.Thunder.Pro

Smash Rookie
So yesterday none of my friends were online, so I decided to give "With Anyone" a try. I fully expected to sit there in the practice stage until I got too bored and fed up.

To my amazement, it found all three people in under a minute! And there was practically no lag at all!!! I ended up playing like 5 games with these people (one of which was an annoying white kirby the whole time) and I even won one!

So I just thought I'd mention this because it's such a rare thing. :bee:

............and if you were that white kirby that attempted to sit off at the side and taunt the whole time.................well I have nothing to say to you. :laugh:

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Good for you, and next time dont post a useless thread. I've had 30 online games on With Anyone. The trick is to select the character wait till the time runs out then on stage selection wait untill 1 second left and choose your stage. With in 40 - a minute you will have a game to play.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I just played like 15 games with no lag whatsoever on With Anyone...won em all to. =3

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I HATE with anyone. It's so frusterating.
I just go on the Brawlcentral match finder and brawl people there.
Does Smashboards have a match finder?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The only With Anyone game i've ever played was at Smashville with frames moving every 1 second. The time still went fast though so it was all good! And I somehow won...

-Edit- As of two days ago, I have tried going onto With Anyone, and wow I have had some great, nearly no lag games! I tried doing the thing that I either read in this thread or in another similar thread, which is choosing your character, letting the time run out, then choose your stage 1 second before the time runs out. I've easily had 30 matches in the past 2 days.

Also for some reason it works better for me if you spectate a match first. (All this is probably an illusion, and is just a "trick" that SEEMS to work for the people that try it...)

tj_odee

Smash Rookie
i hate with anyone!!! When I go on it it takes awhile to get a match. I just got online back because it stoped working (i dunno why), but i got it back so i have no friends on wifi yet so add my friend code.

friend Code: 0387-8806-5803

See you on the brawling field!!!

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
sorta pointless thread but hey you can say that about mine.... its really not to uncommon it just depends where you are and what time....

Chuey

Smash Rookie
http://smashboards.com/ff

It's down atm, dunno why, but that's the link to the Smashboards match finder. There is a topic on it in this forum somewhere, titles SWF or summut? =p.

And yeah..With Anyone has always worked....but lots of lag for me because I'm UK =s.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmm... I think the reason why Nintendo hasn't come out with a patch for online or anything like that is because patches aren't "family friendly" or some bull like that.

Anyway, good job on getting match.

Weexy

Smash Rookie
you never know you could of been fighting with the computer
With anyone does seem to be working much better lately.

I prefer "Team Battle" and I suspect they may be shuffling 1-2 CPU players into the mix if needed. A few days ago I played 20 or so matches with one group and there was no lag, but 2 of the players seemed to play similar to level 9 CPUs. If this is the case the least they could do is place the CPU above the player just like with anyone basic brawl.

Zatman

Smash Rookie
I think that "Whit Anyone" is fun...Ok i haven't tried "With Friends" yet.
I have already had 80 match at "with anyone" and only 3 matches has ended because of lag.
I have been last only 3 times and won only 33 times.

There has been about 3+/- matches where lag has been unbearable and some times i haven't found opponent's at all.
But that is as rare as unbearable lag.

Falcon PUNCH!!

Smash Rookie
Got Brawl on Friday and have tried several times to find a With Anyone match, all to no avail. I'm getting sick of the sight of that punchbag!

NicIsNotANinja

Smash Cadet
Are you guys being serious? i got bralw today and yfound it easy to find games, 7/10 were lag free (the other 3 were horrible but...)

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you have to wait a while for those "With Anyone" brawls. I still hate it because you can't change the rules at all on those....it's either with friends or no online play for me

Top Bottom