• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
NICE OF YOU TO MAKE A SUGGESTION TO WHAT IT SHOULD BE.

You're all Sheik's babes and you know it. Stuck in an asylum of somersaults and acrobatics. Home of the strongest ninjas in the universe!

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I wouldn't know what to call it : <

Anyone got suggestions?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
The Pin Cushion. I've suggested it before, so I'll just say it again unless someone shuts me up. People like cushions - you sit on them and chat. Sheik has a lot of pins in her outfit, she pulls pins out of grenades, and she throws needles (read: pins) at her opponents. And so many puns that I won't list here.

Last edited:

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
hey im a kinda nooby roy main looking to gain some mu experience against shiek. I would appreciate any shiek mains who could help me out if interested pm me thanks.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
lads, try testing this: grab release short characters on platforms > fair

Dunno if its guaranteed but if it is then damn thats sexy

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
God I just love the Middle East... so much. It was 154 degrees last month. I drink so much water every day it isn't even funny. I sweat so much there probably isn't a damn toxin left in my body. I have lost 20 lbs. just from sweating my ass off... literatly. I miss America. :(

Anyways, here are a few more ideas that I am unable to test.
Believe it or not d-tilt has a reverse hit box that can combo (looks that way anyways) into BF at kill percents and Bair at lower percents. Kinda feels like u-tilt from melee.. but less cool.
Dair has more uses than an interupted spike or an interupted combo tool on the stage. You can land the spike on a grounded opponent and the second hit box will not connect. They are in so much hit stun that you can combo them after you recover from your landing lag. Dair spike> USmash might be a possible kill combo. If all else fails though you can always just sweet spot Bair or if they are at the right percents perform an interupted Uair into a multi jab (combo is usable only at high percents).

We need to make a chart showing which air attacks knock enemies over for a tech chase and at what percents. Generalize the cast into about 5 sections with loose percents and put more detail into top pick characters. Other wise people will get data clogged and ignore its possibilities.

Take it easy everyone.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
But you don't go to tournaments? Why not?
Well, I kind of do. I usually head to locals. I haven't been to Ranbats or too many majors/nationals since something always seems to come up (or I get lazy). I plan to change this though.

A few people in my local scene know about you though.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
@Wasserwipf is currently busy and has access to a computer very infrequently. I'd recommend leaving a message on his Smashboards account and just waiting for a reply. The only other thing you could do is try and snipe him when he rarely appears in the Skype group. Those are the only main methods unfortunately...

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Does Sheik's down B have a reverse hitbox?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys could anyone point me to the direction of Void's Sheik ditto match up guide? I had it bookmarked but it disappeared would like to finish reading it if anyone knows where it is.

saviorslegacy

So kind of a re-post. Has anyone messed around with shell shifting into a d-tilt? It can be a safe approach on characters like ZSS.
Also, we need to look into frame advantages of Uair's first 3 hit boxes.

So kind of a re-post. Has anyone messed around with shell shifting into a d-tilt? It can be a safe approach on characters like ZSS.
Also, we need to look into frame advantages of Uair's first 3 hit boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I wasn't active last week because i was training super hard for the tournament, but now i'm back. I got 3rd place :3

saviorslegacy

Yeah sorry about the double post. Dial up is a pain in the ass. :/

Anyways, fun tid bit that I am sure someone has already pointed out. You can throw out a nade and ledge trump someone into the explosion. This nets a kill at like 110%. The only problem is I could not confirm if it is a true combo, but to my knowledge it is not. Could someone please test this?

Even if it is not a true combo it could easily catch someone off guard every now and then.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So _Tree _Tree , how's that name change coming along?

Also, according to Dantarion, Sheik did receive changes in 1.1.1. Here are the links to changes to her and to her needles. It looks like there was a change to the "GrabHitbox" of her final smash, as well as a change to Penetrating Needles.

Last edited:

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
Couple thoughts....

Our primary method of killing came from a setup from grab, and since there is much less incentive to shield, perhaps it will be harder to get this grab?

The increased shield-stun makes a lot of moves with greater kill power safer, and we don't have any good smash attacks to throw out.

I'm still holding my breath, I've really no idea how this will affect sheik's neutral and the whole meta.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
"Primary method of killing" sounds subjective tbh. I'd say my primary method of killing is a fair near the ledge at 150% or nair > bouncing fish, and not dthrow > kill move.

This might make weak nair a bit more safe on shield meaning its viability as a kill setup might increase? idk

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
Fair enough, primary kill setup from grab then. Though it is the most utilised method I've seen from watching a lot of Sheik. Either way I think it'll be wise to avoid jumping to conclusions on how this change affects anything anything, and just see how it goes. What can be said is that somehow a way to complain about sheik will be found haha.

Big House 5 could be the final "Smash 4" -as-we-know-it tourney, or maybe, maybe, maaaybe this change is an error in coding and will be returned to how it's been from the start. Very unlikely but considering they managed to bug out the way diddy's shield works, who knows... exciting!

saviorslegacy

Fun fact,
SH> (fully charged) NLC> second jump> Dair spike is a true combo.
NeedlLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! IMA KILL MYSELF!

Granted, the percents that it works at are stupid high (like 130%-140%) and the skill required + enemy position is just silly. Not a combo to be used in a tourney, but still ****ing cool looking.

Something more useful.....
I was curious what else airial needles would combo into... here are my notes from several weeks ago:
"The distance that the foe is at after a FH needle storm is to great for normal follow ups. The solution is not getting to the foe quicker, its keeping them closer. Problem... landing lag. Solution, don't hit the ground. Application, the ledge. Need for application. Safer way of trumping an opponent trying to return than running in and shielding.

When the foe wakes, or is just close to the ledge, run in an SH> needle storm. Make sure you fall off of the ledge so you avoid landing lag. Perform a rising Uair to combo. Furthermore, DI back onto the stage and cancel the lest hit of Uair. This sets up for a grab."

So the combo is SH needle storm> interupted Uair> grab> w/e
Now if only GR> BF was a true combo.... *sigh*

Top Bottom