• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Hyrule castle

bigblast66

Smash Cadet
Should we keep it banned or reinstate it as a counter pick? Or do what we're doing now and just make it doubles only.

Annex

Smash Ace
I think it should stay banned for reasons that have been extensively discussed
A lot of new players will come on the 64 section and want Hyrule to be legal since it's such a fun stage (which it is), but at a top level there are just too many ways to exploit the layout in a way that isn't fun to play or watch. When either or both players are abusing the stage at the level it can be the match begins to test and reward each player's patience over their skill at the game. There are many examples of this happening

Can't really speak for doubles, but I think the main argument there is that they can eventually become 1v1s, and you'll run into the same problem. Idk

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
dream land only is the future and you cannot stop this

stick to friendlies if you wanna play jank levels or try to gentlemen ppl

TR3G | Informant

Smash Cadet
hyrule is only fun if you make it fun. the instant you decide to make it unfun it frame perfectly turns into an awful stage not suited for tourneys.

bigblast66

Smash Cadet
dream land only is the future and you cannot stop this

stick to friendlies if you wanna play jank levels or try to gentlemen ppl

peaches castle will be banned in the next few years i don't know how it isn't yet it's more ****ty the hyrule castle could ever be.

DeadBeef

Smash Rookie
I love smash 64 but, the thought of only having on stage to play on in competitive seems dull. i know by saying this come people are going to rage but that is just my thought. But i will agree that the DL is fun to watch because it is a fair stage, i will 64 had stages like battle field, and FD. that would fix the stage shortage.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
It should be a starter. Hyrule Castle was legal until this year. It has an uneven layout, but that's not going to decide the entire match.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I love smash 64 but, the thought of only having on stage to play on in competitive seems dull. i know by saying this come people are going to rage but that is just my thought. But i will agree that the DL is fun to watch because it is a fair stage, i will 64 had stages like battle field, and FD. that would fix the stage shortage.
FD and battlefield are being experimented with and debated. Hyrule won't be legal but can always be gentlemen'd. Hopefully this thread gets closed so that it can't be necrobumped and a bunch of useless arguments don't have to happen.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
hyrule is only fun if you make it fun. the instant you decide to make it unfun it frame perfectly turns into an awful stage not suited for tourneys.
this is what it boils down to. And in tournament at certain stages people are just going to play to win, which will involve a lot of camping and stalling. Plus the tornados are bootleg too. I remember watching a tourney recently when two players gentlemened to hyrule, both were either kirby or rat. It was painfully boring to watch.

It sucks because its the most fun stage to play on (IMO) and is amazing for combos.

Last edited:

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
I miss Hyrule.. Hyrule is awesome, its where amazing and creative combos are made... dl has ****ty combos and anything works.
But, unfortunately DL only is the only way to play competitive ssb nowadays cuz there's always someone to camp and do idiotic things that ruins the game experience for everyone involved including viewers and players, as long as he wins the game.

Last edited:

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm27734534 (im not sure if this link actually works anymore)
Cute vid, but obviously training mode unreal crazyness.. you can find amazing training mode combos in literally any stage in the game. In actual matches the standard combo or a strongmove>edge guard will do in DL, even in high level smash, i'm not saying you cant do amazing combos in DL, i'm saying it's not the stage for it, because in 99% of the times nobody does it cuz it's unnecessary. (unless you are styling, in this case, again, it could be done in any stage). If you want to see amazing combos in true high lvl smash just check any match in any peruvian tournament, or in isai vs anyone in isai's channel.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Cute vid, but obviously training mode unreal crazyness.. you can find amazing training mode combos in literally any stage in the game. In actual matches the standard combo or a strongmove>edge guard will do in DL, even in high level smash, i'm not saying you cant do amazing combos in DL, i'm saying it's not the stage for it, because in 99% of the times nobody does it cuz it's unnecessary. (unless you are styling, in this case, again, it could be done in any stage). If you want to see amazing combos in true high lvl smash just check any match in any peruvian tournament, or in isai vs anyone in isai's channel.
it's true, often times longer combos are unnecessary on dreamland where you can just land a strong move and edgegaurd. whereas on hyrule often times the longer and non standard combos were actually optimal because ending a combo early often meant the opponent didnt fly off stage. That to me is the greatest part of the game that was lost when hyrule was banned. Still the stage is pretty much unplayable when one of the opponents decides to camp

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I think it should be legal in doubles only with a timer. Not for singles.

Outside of Falcon dittos

Top Bottom