• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian's chain grab: forward throw easier?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, I've gotten pretty good at Hylian's alternating throw technique, but I've always found that the hardest part was the Popo down throw (naturally). The timing is different for nearly every character, and it often times will throw me off. But then I started replacing the down throw with a forward throw, and I actually find it much easier. The timing is the same for almost every character (as far as I've tested), so it's a little easier.

Video examples (sorry for crappy quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2WyW7Ys18 - Hylian style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRcIfjQsy24 - Done with forward throw.

Oh, and I do apologize if this has already been discussed, or is common knowledge already. I haven't seen it done this way, nor have I seen this variation discussed, so I figured it was worth a post. Then again, it is only a slight change :laugh:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
They both work, just anything that lets you keep the grab combo continuing. I don't know which is easier because infinites are banned from tournaments where I live, so I just stick to simple grab combos :p

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why, but I find the down throw much better. It gets you to the edge so you can fair-spike, and I guess it's just personal preference for me.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
I dont think TGM has ever won a tourney. Im going on to my my 17 tourny win. 12 melee and 4 for brawl.

Top Bottom