• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian vs Sethlon Falco Ditto.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Nice. I thought Seth had it in the beginning. The laser exchange starting at 3:23 made me lol.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Lol I'm sorry, all Brawl vids look lame. Good as far as they go though.
Why do you bother to say anything? You're one of those posters that should just shut up.

Anyways it was a good video when there wasn't chain grabbing. Falco dittos are stupid...very stupid. First grab=win. I could tell both of you were skilled, but I just think all Falco dittos are horrible matches.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I disagree. Hylian is good, but there is no way you can compare a good Brawler to the likes of a master melee-er. Melee took SO much more skill than this game does, so it would take at least 7 Chillins to make an Isai.

This post wasn't meant to offend Hylian and Chillin. You both are stilll awesome in my book, I was just making a point that this game involves less skill. You both are great anyway.:)

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. Hylian is good, but there is no way you can compare a good Brawler to the likes of a master melee-er. Melee took SO much more skill than this game does, so it would take at least 7 Chillins to make an Isai.

This post wasn't meant to offend Hylian and Chillin. You both are stilll awesome in my book, I was just making a point that this game involves less skill. You both are great anyway.:)
You can't compare 7 years of melee skill to what...6 months of brawl. It's expected that in 6 months, the game would be easier to compete in than a game that's been out for 7 years. Get what I'm saying?

You're right, Melee is 'harder' to be good at. But that's because people have been practicing and playing for faaar longer. Lets see what Brawl can do in 7 years time. I'm sure the best will get 'slightly' better, and easily comparable to Isai.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I understand your logic, but the fact is that this game has been made for the fun, not the skill. They did their best to makethe physics easier to handle than melee, the characters aren't spread nearly as far apart, so the tier list is harder to be considered "legible." You don't have to press the buttons as fast (yous still ahve to press them fast, but the speed is far from melee, everybody knows that), and thus it's easier to react and take out the skill needed to react. Even worse is the LACK OF THE HIT STUN! the hit stun made it take skill to DI out of combos and not die. Now, you can press ONE BUTTON, and you can escape 95% of the almost combos in this game. I understand that this game is still in the adolescent stage, but you have to take into account all that was taken out of this game. I'm sorry, but it's pretty much inevitable. this gaem won't take as much skill.

I'm not saying not to enjoy it though. It is still fun, anyway.

Binx

Smash Master
I think chain grabbing is more fun than not chain grabbing, the only thing that bothers me about brawl is not being able to set up kills with grabs like you could in melee. Oh and important stuff like movement options, but I guess we are all learning to walk and its helping.

SpyX

Smash Rookie
I like this battle, seth 've an idiot death for the finish, but that's the game, gg hylian and seth.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I think there should be a remake of brawl for competitive play with a better wifi system. But I think it would take heaven and hells wrath to even give Sakurai that thought but everyone should give brawl a little more time.

* When was wavedashing and L-cancelling brought to melee?

wangston

Smash Lord
The ending is so anticlimactic. But how do you come out of those lasers so fast. Are you inputing a buffered dash??? Also whet set up do you use to get the boosted up smash, I can't get them consistently when I try to pull them off.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
FFS people. Must you turn every god**** thread into a Brawl vs. Melee topic!? We've heard it ALL before, we F***ing get it OK!? If you get bored watching brawl vids then go take some ****ing ritalin and just stfu.

Nice vid Hylian. I saw this the other day when Seth posted a bunch of vids, but still a good vid. Do you main Falco now? or still experimenting --I've seen you on more than a few character specific boards.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
FFS people. Must you turn every god**** thread into a Brawl vs. Melee topic!? We've heard it ALL before, we F***ing get it OK!? If you get bored watching brawl vids then go take some ****ing ritalin and just stfu.

Nice vid Hylian. I saw this the other day when Seth posted a bunch of vids, but still a good vid. Do you main Falco now? or still experimenting --I've seen you on more than a few character specific boards.
I main G&W. I secondary IC's/Falco.

I should use Falco and ICs more :(. I would of placed top 5 at fast had I not relied on G&W so much :(.

And sorry for posting this thread. Didn't see Sethlons.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
sethlon should have won. ledge guard at the end was kind of lame, but you guys are both good. seth is still my fav falco. nobody touches his bread.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Very tight video.

I enjoy watching you and Seth play haha. Except the bad quality videos, can't see/learn a thing from them, or at least I can't.

Also, good luck in upcoming tournaments. I'm not all into tourneys offline, so I don't know when most are happening/taking place. :x

I heard you G&W ***** as well ;].

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Dittos in which both players are utilizing techniques that would best overcome their opponent tend to get that way. But you can't deny the level of play here.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Falco dittos are worthless. I would have thrown something if a match ended like that in a tournament. -_-

Top Bottom