• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge News! Nintendo ends Creator's Program! Big step in the right direction!

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
Despite all the monetization in SSBU (Fighter's Pass) Nintendo shows that it's actually not going the aggressive monetization route- it actually ended the Creator's Program, which was just a way for them to make money off of other people's content (their fans). This means anyone who wants their Nintendo content ad-free can't have it. This affects tournaments, this affects speedruns, this affects Let's Plays, and it even affects regular videos that young newcomer friends are making.

And Nintendo finally revoked it! Yay!

As far as I'm concerned, the extra monetization with paid online and DLC is now justified due to the losses of their cuts of ad money from thousands of fans across the Internet. At least they're only making money off of just their own work now. Truly, the Switch is a new Golden Age for Nintendo, just like the NES, SNES, and Wii before it.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I have some question.
I want to post some video on my youtube channel.
I used apps to cut cutscene from SSB and used music from Final fantasy.
Can I post that music video without notifying any company?

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
The music might be copyright claimed, but not the footage. Here's a tip though: by copyrighting more things, multiple companies will claim your video and none of them will have it. So get music from more things to make it unclaimable!

Kadji100

Smash Cadet
Objection!!!

Having Music from different companys will not protect you from a copyright claim.
Just look at those examples I can provide:
I regulary stream Soundvoltex on Youtube (its a Music Rhythm Game by Konami) and I almost always get copyright claims after my streams.
Since I don't monetize my Videos the worst thing that happens is that the Audio for that portion of the Video gets muted or that the videos play Adds (of which I don't get any money ofc).

The algorythm Youtube uses to find copyright Material is realy good.
It also happens when your Videos are unlisted (like in my case).

Edit: Since people always ask me this: Yes, I have a Cabinet from Japan at my place xD

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Nintendo's gonna yEEt your channel if you have Smash music on it apparently. Which really sucks. R.I.P. Crunchii.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
So I can be fined or something like that if I post video made with smash cutscene with FFxiii music?

Arthur97

Smash Master
So charging for DLC is bad? Because that's what the first sentence I read comes off as. Never mind you can get a fighter for free.

Top Bottom