• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hrnut Grand Finals @ GIGABITS

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh my god you suck...how do you ftilt instead of shieldbreaker

hrnut is like, one of the worst marths ive ever seen. im sure im much better than you. $100 marth ditto MM?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
OK HRNut... You are really good. 3 things.

1. Even more obvious than the random Ftilt after broken shield was your complete lack of Dtilt and Utilt. They are both really good, Dtilt is amazing for poking and Utilt, if hit in the right place kills at amazing %'s.

2. WTF at Ftilt... That might've lost you the match (not really, but you sacrificed a couple percent and failed to get him off the stage).

3. You spam Fsmash. Seriously you use it when it would be perfect to use Dtilt a lot of times.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If anything he spammed fair even when he could have done something better.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You haven't seen "spam fsmash" until you've seen Ankoku's Marth. What a moron he is.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
you know i dont care if people think i spam it the idea of marth from most people is to be a ***** :p and marth has far more potential then just being a defensive ***** all the time

feardragon64

Smash Champion
you know i dont care if people think i spam it the idea of marth from most people is to be a ***** :p and marth has far more potential then just being a defensive ***** all the time
Marth can be aggressive. He doesn't HAVE to be defensive. But it's a hell of a lot easier to play a safe-defensive Marth than it is to play an offensive one.

Not spamming fsmash is just smart. Fsmash is really easily punishable. If you spam it against a good player, you'll get owned.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Just because something is the easy way doesn't mean it's the best way. Aggresive Marth is the best Marth. I think defensive Marth give the opponet way too many options they shouldn't have. But that's just my opinion.

HRnut

I really, really liked some of your ideas/mindgames. The only thing I didn't like is how much you roll/dodge. There where a lot of time where you rolled right into bad positions, and you gave up a lot of chances to punish/attack for a roll/dodge. You don't want that type of stuff costing you a stock or even a match... I only saw you do this against the Wolf, though, so I'll assume it's just that match up.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
yeah, its pretty much that match only wolf can be gay at time, and yeah i f-up the sheild breaker...i use c-stick and z to charge smashes and i failed big time lol, no worries though, i still won the set, next time i'll use the a button lol, i didn't notice that i spammed F-smash...and i am aware that there is a lack of d-tilt and u-tilt in my game, those moves still feel wierd

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Ok better players. I'm not going to go off judging people you've played as good or not. I'm just going to leave it as better players.
Azen Chu Chillin all the time >_>

and good **** i need help on the wolf matchup since my spacing is not as good against wolf :p

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
its alot of sheild punish and predicting, he's way faster than you so you catch him on his off beat, fighting wolf is like a dance...at least thats how i fight that fight...and as you can see its quite effective

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, I didn't mean you spammed Fsmash, what I was trying to say is that you would use it a lot of times while there were better oftions (Dtilt being the one you could've replaced a lot of your Fsmashes with, DB could've worked too), overally you are quite good though. I'm not trying to diss your Marth.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I didn't like that Wolf. He used fsmash, when he shouldn't, his bairs weren't spaced so good and scarring at > 120% = suicide

Top Bottom