• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HPSAuto v1.0.1 Melee Music Patcher (BUG FIX) **UPDATE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!!!
See: https://github.com/jmlee337/dsp2hps

HPSAuto v1.0 Melee Music Patcher ( V1.0.1 BUG FIX)

Made by SheiktheOgre & Goatlink

***Please install .NET 4.5 before downloading***
YOU CAN NOT USE SONGS LONGER THAN 13:59 in length. Please clip your song down.

THIS PATCHER ONLY WORKS WITH .WAV files. Convert to wav: (http://media.io/)

Description:
HPSAuto is a patching program that takes WAVE music files, inserts them into an HPS file (Thanks GSUB),
loops (if selected), and renders the file usable in modified melee ISOs.

Instructions:
Step 1: Place your .wav file in the folder titled "HPSAuto"
Step 2: Rename the .wav file to "music.wav"
Step 3: Run HPSAuto.exe
Step 4: Enter the total time (**use seconds only**) in the box
Step 5: Check whether or not you want it to loop
Step 6: Click "Patch"
Step 7: Choose a location and name to save the hps file
Step 8: Press any key after the command prompt is done
Step 9: Enjoy!

TroubleShooting
Problem: The application could not start
Solution: You don't have .NET 4.5 installed. Download and install .NET 4.5: www.microsoft.com/net

Notes
i. Thanks to GSUB and GodFed for creating HPS_Insert.exe

ii. This is build 1.0. There may be bugs. Please report them in this thread.
iii. This program is recommended only for use with stage song or menu song files. This is because of a known issue with songs that do not have the loop option checked. The problem is that there is a soft-ish clicking sound that plays for up to 15 minutes. This bug will be fixed in later versions. If this patcher is used with very short sounds, such as character sound effects, the soft clicking sound will play for up to 15 minutes during a match.
iv. YOU CAN NOT USE SONGS LONGER THAN 12:59 in length. Please clip your song down.
________
Download:
V1.1 (GIANT BUG FIX) https://www.mediafire.com/?qql3singqkz8z86
V1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?smhl19bsovlg5ey
--------------
Change log:
V1.0.1 Major Bug fixes. (Aka the program actually works now)
V1.0 Initial Release

Last edited by a moderator:

iRanch

Smash Cadet
For some reason, blank.hps is indeed not blank, and my created file will just be the song in blank.hps.

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
I don't know. It's a song I've never heard before.
That may be a little problem, but the output file is temp.hps (or whatever you rename it to). Not blank.hps. One reason you may be experiencing a temp.hps output (or whatever you named it in the Save File Box) that has the blank.hps song is that you didn't supply a music.wav file in the folder. If you want to mess around with the files in the folder, be my guest. :awesome: I just can't promise the program will work the way it does now. :skull:

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
Okay so after creating the hps file I am having trouble putting it on to the iso. What do i need to do?
Step 1: Download GC_Rebuilder: http://www.shedevr.org.ru/zelda64rus/tools/gcr_1.0.zip (Credit to BSV)
Step 2: Run it and click Image>Open
Step 3: Select your iso
Step 4: Right Click the Disc Icon called "Root" and export it to a location. (Wait until its done)
Step 5: Copy your HPS into the audio folder contained in the exported root folder.
Step 6: Replace the stage/soundeffect you want to change with your HPS
Step 7: Go to GC Rebuilder and go to image>Close (if you havent already)
Step 8: Click Root>Open and select the root folder at the directory you exported it to
Step 9: Click Root>Save, find a place to save your iso, then click Root>Rebuild
Enjoy!
That iso has your custom music in it.
Every time you want to add more music start at Step 5.

HoneyB

Smash Rookie
Step 1: Download GC_Rebuilder: http://www.shedevr.org.ru/zelda64rus/tools/gcr_1.0.zip (Credit to BSV)
Step 2: Run it and click Image>Open
Step 3: Select your iso
Step 4: Right Click the Disc Icon called "Root" and export it to a location. (Wait until its done)
Step 5: Copy your HPS into the audio folder contained in the exported root folder.
Step 6: Replace the stage/soundeffect you want to change with your HPS
Step 7: Go to GC Rebuilder and go to image>Close (if you havent already)
Step 8: Click Root>Open and select the root folder at the directory you exported it to
Step 9: Click Root>Save, find a place to save your iso, then click Root>Rebuild
Enjoy!
That iso has your custom music in it.
Every time you want to add more music start at Step 5.
Thanks you very much. Works great!

BreezyFalcon

Smash Rookie
Okay so every file I've changed ends up being the same song that I've never heard in the game before not sure why that's happining. I've tried 3 different songs and 3 different stages and they all sound the same.

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
I've tried two different converters and it still won't work for me :'(
Okay so every file I've changed ends up being the same song that I've never heard in the game before not sure why that's happining. I've tried 3 different songs and 3 different stages and they all sound the same.
Alright, Version 1.0.1 has been uploaded and this thread has been updated. I truly apologize for releasing a non-working version of the program. This current version has been double tested to work. Thanks for your quick responses for bugs.

Nopfed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nopfed
Hey so I just used this program to insert a lot of hps files into a hacked melee .iso and it sounds great until each song gets about a minute and 3 seconds in (going off of melee in game vs. match time, around 6:57) the game freezes (im running on dolphin emulator at 60 fps) and it only does this with stages I imported songs on using your program, all other stages that I havent touched that already had hacked music on them work just fine.

Anyone else getting this to happen? And sheik do you know why this would be happening? I've had my fair share of hacking melee over the past couple years with all these wonderful guides and I was happy to see that the music part was more automated, yet I have come to this blockade. Any tips would be helpful, thanks.

SheiktheOgre

Smash Rookie
Hey so I just used this program to insert a lot of hps files into a hacked melee .iso and it sounds great until each song gets about a minute and 3 seconds in (going off of melee in game vs. match time, around 6:57) the game freezes (im running on dolphin emulator at 60 fps) and it only does this with stages I imported songs on using your program, all other stages that I havent touched that already had hacked music on them work just fine.

Anyone else getting this to happen? And sheik do you know why this would be happening? I've had my fair share of hacking melee over the past couple years with all these wonderful guides and I was happy to see that the music part was more automated, yet I have come to this blockade. Any tips would be helpful, thanks.
That's very peculiar, Nopfed. I recently created a tutorial video (it's at the very top of the post) that explains the whole process. After finishing that tutorial I ran dolphin for an hour and It continued looping that song with no trouble. I recently tried the program again with a fresh ISO and a fresh .wav file. It ran the song absolutely fine again. The only explanation to your problem I can think of is there is a SOX error. The program uses SOX (a command-line sound mixer, resampler, and overall editor) to resample your .wav file to 32Hz then split it into left and right audio files. Sometimes SOX will reject a .wav file if its headers are broken or not matching the song. My only advice is to download a fresh copy of the program, watch the tutorial video (if you already haven't), and try a fresh ISO. Your problem may be caused by Dolphin itself. Dolphin has extremely buggy DSP emulation. I apologize for this being difficult.

Nopfed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nopfed
That's very peculiar, Nopfed. I recently created a tutorial video (it's at the very top of the post) that explains the whole process. After finishing that tutorial I ran dolphin for an hour and It continued looping that song with no trouble. I recently tried the program again with a fresh ISO and a fresh .wav file. It ran the song absolutely fine again. The only explanation to your problem I can think of is there is a SOX error. The program uses SOX (a command-line sound mixer, resampler, and overall editor) to resample your .wav file to 32Hz then split it into left and right audio files. Sometimes SOX will reject a .wav file if its headers are broken or not matching the song. My only advice is to download a fresh copy of the program, watch the tutorial video (if you already haven't), and try a fresh ISO. Your problem may be caused by Dolphin itself. Dolphin has extremely buggy DSP emulation. I apologize for this being difficult.

It's hasn't been difficult at all and I thank you for your reply. I do recall cmd prompt mentioning some warning error pertaining to SOX, and then something about the music being too loud or something. I will try what you suggested, with new copies of everything and try and see if the problem/error persists. Thanks :D!

Nopfed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nopfed
SO. I tried inserting a song with a fresh copy of both your program and a fresh vanilla melee 1.02 .iso and it worked! No more game freezing~ I didn't check to see if cmd prompt gave me any error or warning messages, but it seems to work fine.

I'm assuming the way I did it before messed up for a lot of different reasons, all of which can be avoided by just starting on this fresh copy. Thank you for the advice and I'll be sure to post here again if I encounter any more problems! :)

BreezyFalcon

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to get this to work on my new computer and it's saying that it cannot open the .wav file for reading idk if its a firewall issue or what

Note: it says in the command promt after running hps that it cannot read .wav

Last edited:

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
So I've been working with this thing for 5 hours today, and I can only get a few songs working. For some reason, just about every time I try to replace a song, it plays normally until it gets to the end, and instead of looping, it stops and plays a clicking sound for about 20 seconds before freezing the game, and even the ones that do work don't loop properly, they instead pause and click for about 5 seconds before looping. This has caused me a huge amount of frustration, and if anybody could help, I'd be very grateful.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I'm actually having the same issue emulating with DIOS MIOS 2.9.

I'm using the 20XX pack, for the record.

EDIT: Ok, ran it again, and I get two warnings from sox. WARN rate and WARN ditcher, both asking me to decrease the volume.

It is telling me I need to decrease the volume in the audio files? Should I normalize it?

Last edited:

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
A few questions...

Does anyone know why all the exported audio files are a little over 26mb?
Also, why are some of the songs ridiculously long in length when tested in WinAMP?
When will version 1.02 be released with improved GUI/the ability to add loop points?

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
A few questions...

Does anyone know why all the exported audio files are a little over 26mb?
Also, why are some of the songs ridiculously long in length when tested in WinAMP?
When will version 1.02 be released with improved GUI/the ability to add loop points?
We've been waiting for answers a long while here. Or at least some source.

At the moment, I've been able to get the songs to play after using the OP mov replacement exploit, but the game crashes at the first loop point. So...really unsure what to do about that.

I've just scrapped the idea of using this altogether. Seems like it was tested narrowly, which led to some shoddy and inconsistent results.

Sorry for putting your 'ware on blast, holmes.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
What do I name the hps file?Like is there a list of tracks?
EDIT:I found a list.Made two songs and now rebuilding.

Last edited:

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
So I've been working with this thing for 5 hours today, and I can only get a few songs working. For some reason, just about every time I try to replace a song, it plays normally until it gets to the end, and instead of looping, it stops and plays a clicking sound for about 20 seconds before freezing the game, and even the ones that do work don't loop properly, they instead pause and click for about 5 seconds before looping. This has caused me a huge amount of frustration, and if anybody could help, I'd be very grateful.
I'm having the same issue with the files that loop. None of them loop properly; they stop at the end with a clicking sound. After a few seconds of silence, the music file begins to play again from the beginning.

Wonnie

Smash Rookie
I have the same issue. I find it really distracting when I'm at home playing by myself, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be horrifying when I'm in a huge group or crowd where I hear a billion other set ups...

Hopefully they'll patch it... I really like the simplicity of this tool.

Syrox

Smash Rookie
Is this project still alive at all? because this is an awesome tool that can progress the usability that Melee hacking needs.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
I get these errors just after I hit "Patch"...

then I press "any key" and the cmd windows closes and this .Net Framework error appears...

Can someone help me please? I really want to add custom songs to my Melee ISO.

Last edited:

Kyle Chang

Smash Rookie
If anyone's still alive on this thread, could you help me set stage music for the 20XX hack pack (version 3.02)?
The stage music in 20xx is set on random, so how do I fix that?

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Need help, all the files come out as 28mb and when I try to recompile the iso I get an error saying that the resulting file is too large. I've made a working iso before but with less music tracks (and it was PAL, not 20XX).

Edit: I can only have a maximum of 2 custom tracks so 20XX just has less space to offer than PAL, so the question for me atm is, why does every track I make become 28mb?

Edit2: Noticed it's the same in the example video so I guess the random music option in 20XX is pointless since I can't choose my own music :(

Last edited:

Maso

Smash Rookie
When I download the .rar file for the application, it seems to be missing "temp.hps." Is that supposed to happen? the application doesnt seem to run without it.

EDIT: I got it to work by copying "blank.hps" and renaming the copy "temp.hps"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom