• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my Sonic?And what do I need to work on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circio

Smash Cadet
You're really not using Sonic to his full potential. Sonic is the fastest character in the game. Use that speed to your advantage. You spent a large portion of the match sitting around waiting for Marth to come to you. By doing this, you're failing to use perhaps Sonic's greatest asset.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
That dair edge guard made me smile but prior to that you could have gimped him if you had been a little more aggressive off the edge and either attempted to knock him back by dropping off the ledge or getting back to the stage and smashing him as he came up to it.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
can we practice our sonic's sometime? Whats your friend code? Mine is 2707-1277-3086

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
yeah u could work on the mindgames and just run around more
try out dash grabs and other things
u cant sit around with sonic lol jus doesnt work

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
You certainly grabbed a lot...I dunno, I think against someone else they would have seen through that a bit quicker. Also, I personally like to keep a constant moving pace while playing (I used to main Fox on melee so I got used to that), I'd recommend doing the same, especially against someone like Marth.

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
yeah, pretty much what everyone else said, put those sneakers to work =O! and try to be more aggressive off the stage too, don't be scared to jump out there and intercept =D

Cazitha_90

Smash Rookie
lol...yeah, but that Marth sucked pretty bad, you're not bad at all though, just lay off the dairs, and be careful with the Homing Attack an experienced palyer against Sonic can lure you offstage with one good air dodge.

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
Against a good Marth I'm not confident that you'd do as well as you did in your video. Use your SPEED! You're too slow!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You can't use speed against Marth cause his priority will **** you so bad it's not even funny. You have to play defensive as hell at low % and just go for grabs, cause Marth can hit you out of almost anything you try to give him. Fair out of shield if he Fsmashes without spacing, if he spaces it then take down your shield and go for a dash attack, grab or full stutter step Fsmash. Stutter step is your savior in this matchup.

I haven't watched the vid, but I'll probably critique later.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Instead of grabbing constantly, try a D - Smash out of a shield. Ignore some of the people who say you are playing too cagey, while you do need to mix in some dash dances to keep him guessing, you have to play that way against a Marth.

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
You can't use speed against Marth cause his priority will **** you so bad it's not even funny. You have to play defensive as hell at low % and just go for grabs, cause Marth can hit you out of almost anything you try to give him. Fair out of shield if he Fsmashes without spacing, if he spaces it then take down your shield and go for a dash attack, grab or full stutter step Fsmash. Stutter step is your savior in this matchup.

I haven't watched the vid, but I'll probably critique later.
LIES! HE IS TRYING TO CONTROL YOU! HE IS A MARTH PLAYER!

No. But seriously. Marth does have some good priority in his moves. I watched the video. Cant really say as it was against a human player. Maybe against a Lv 9 CPU as that is more universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom