• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how?

danielreece2

Smash Cadet
Recently i played a few matches with one of the best brawlers ive ever played, if not THE best. i would always start the match ahead, by almost a whole stock, but as the match went on hed slowly catch up, and id find myself behind pretty quickly. I asked him how hed turn around the match like that, and he said that it was becuase i was predictable.

I analyzed my strategies and realized that i tend to leave out some of wario moves from my game, and focus on just a few. i tried to re-gonfigure my button setup, so it would promote me using all of warios moves, but im so used to C-stick smashing, and now i have the C set to tilts, that i tend to underuse the smashes, because im not used to smashing with A. i also set L to attack, so i could easily preform the boost smash (because i only use R for shield/ dodge, not L).

So i was wondering 2 things. One, how do i become less predictable, and incorporate all of warios moveset? And two, what should i do to get used to the new controler setup quickly?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have the default setup (tap jump on, Cstick set to smash) and it works for me. I have trouble doing boost smashes however cause I use both L and R for various things and if I change either one of them to attack then it throws me off. That's the only real issue I have with my setup and I'm not too keen on some of the other configurations. I would just stick with whatever works well for you.

Using his moves depends on the situation. If Fsmash is working for me, I'm not gonna change to Ftilt just to "add variety" to my moves. I do think you need to keep a certain level of unpredictability, just don't sacrifice something that is working or take a few hits just to stay unpredictable.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't need funky configurations to be unpredictable, you just gotta learn to mix it up, know when to use what, it's not that hard (I don't think).

Besides, Wario benefits from C-stick smashes b/c it helps w/ Fsmashing out of shield.

I use c-stick side > up+z and honestly I almost always get the boostsmash, even online >_>

P.S. who is this brawler?

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
umm ever heard of being creative?
i was playing a very good toonlink
and i hop off my bike and camp'd behind it as a sheild
he never seen that before he took the bait and approach me and i punished him
and didnt have to worry about avoiding the spam
see u gotta be smart

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
see u gotta be smart
... he could've hopped and arrowed, or just spammed bombs at your bike >_>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
see u gotta be smart
That's called gimping your recovery by leaving your bike on stage. Sometimes, creative /=/ good idea. :)

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
... he could've hopped and arrowed, or just spammed bombs at your bike >_>
he did but the way i postion myself he couldnt hit me. he did throw bombs at the time of aproachment but by the time he land he was close enuff for me to go inn

it happend just cause it happend i didnt wanna do it
like i wanna have my bike on stage and gimp my recovery but its w.e

i didnt happend

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
You might want to try using more tilt moves and grabs instead of smashing, it seems to help me be less predictable. Also make sure you mix in the bike and dash attacks for approaching him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You might want to try using more tilt moves and grabs instead of smashing, it seems to help me be less predictable. Also make sure you mix in the bike and dash attacks for approaching him.
I don't recommend the dash attack like at all... maybe once or twice a match >_>

danielreece2

Smash Cadet
thanks guys, ive been working on it, but ive still got a little to work on, i tend to be a little slow with my thinking, which gets me punished.
but like i said im working on it.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
k.. haven't been here in a while.. what is a boost smash??

Top Bottom