• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
On JUDGE's scale, I'm at about a 65. I have equal chances of winning or losing.

On Burning Crusader's scale, I'm only at level 3 because I don't like to use Advanced Tactics.

TyrannoStorm

Smash Rookie
I'd say I'm a mid 60 and a 4. I've only been to one tournament where I got around 7th (there were 20) and the people I play with regularly have been competitive a lot longer than I have, so I don't have much to compare to. I'm probably going to stick with Ike until I'm really good with him. I prefer winning most of the time with one character than winning sometimes with a few characters.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
70. The scale isn't very good... Tourny wise, it would still depend on what kind of tournys, there are so many diffrent people in the world that play smash that it's hard to rate yourself, you could play alot of people but there are still aton of people in diffrent areas that may fight alot diffrent. All I am saying is that I am a good smasher, But I still have alot to learn, Somtimes I win alot, Sometimes I lose alot.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The way I see it, there are now three scales (if you choose to count Straked's). People need to be more specific about which one they're talking about.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
normally i would'nt participate in these kind of discussions but i read the whole think for some unknowned reason.

going by straked's list.

i'm at least 70 i don't believe in wifi, never did it.
i go to tournies and play very good people (omni, lain, joel, MI) and dont get destroyed.

btw joel is a very good player and he does'nt own the game

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I'd say low 80s, or about 7 in the second list. However, that's really difficult to tell, since the only person I know who plays Brawl doesn't actually own the Game (
you just lost
), and I only play him once like every two or three months. Mostly, I'm stuck with CPUs.

If it helps anyone judge my score, I can almost do with Link Vs. a Lv. 9 what Izaw can Vs. anyone I've seen in his videos on YT. Almost. Still, almost never cut the cheese, did it?

Despite this, I'm competitive. I'd say I'm the best out of everyone I know, but if you read what I said above, you'd seen that that doesn't mean much.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
60-75 somewhere... I'm nowhere near good enough to make a combo vid, but sometimes I amaze myself. :dizzy:

On a scale of 1 to 100, I'd give myself a 45.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
wooow dragonblooded is a smashlord naaaooo
i know the day where i had more posts than you dude^^

@gygados
playing against a cpu is way different thaen brawl against a humanplayer
so it isn't special what you are doing against a cpu
they always air dodge after they got hit so you just have to wait a bit and combo them.....

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I'm about a 60; I have my fair-share of losses but I'm not trying to be a pro. I just like to play it with my brother for fun.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
My numbah is 77. Don't estimate me. heh

we won't estimate you dude^^
this is a how would YOU rate YOURSELF thread ^^
so if you feel like a 77 than we accept it (doesn't mean that you ARE a 77hahaha never mind^^)
right guys??? x'DD:chuckle::chuckle:

RenzoShadow

Smash Rookie
For the first rating system I would be 65 and for the second a 6. Though I haven't been to a tourney as there aren't any SSBB tourneys around where I live.:ohwell:

Luxor

Smash Champion
I got the basics, but haven't got much down to second nature by now.
Brawl seems to be the only thing that can humble me apart from athletics.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
i'd have to say i'm in the mid-high 70's for the first and probably a 7 for the second....i have understanding of the physics and workings of the game and can most times (65:35 of the time) apply correctly....still working on getting more experience in tournaments

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
70 and 6

Sometimes i'm really ****ed good and take 3 from 3 stocks of my opponent with getting just slightly damaged and sometimes i die just when my opponent is looking at me xD

But most of the time i play as a 6 and win ~7 of 10 matches.

I'm on the way of getting better, but sadly i just can play wifi or cpu's. Sometimes my cousin comes to me and we play, but most of the time i'm alone. And cpu's are no opponents for me, i own them very easily and on wifi the lag is sometimes really, really bad. Once i wanted to jump and pressed Y, pressed Y, pressed Y and suddenly i lost a stock =(
But fortunately this is the exception =)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well, now that I look at Straked's list... I'm a mix of stuff in the 1-4 range. That's... oddly generous, IMO. I honestly think I'd be a 0, except for the blatant fact that I DO own this game, which is enough to bump me up from that rating.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you want generous, go by the OP's list.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
I feel like lvl 11 or higher. If I stop playing I feel better everytime I come back. (I'm level 11 in brawl, lvl 7-11 in melee, lvl 11 on 64) I've never really lost to anyone in smash like crazy yet:)

kciD

Smash Journeyman
I'd rate me at about 55ish...mostly because I haven't taken the time to learn a lot of the characters yet. I've been thinking about playing one character a week until I'm through all of them, just to get the feel of everyone.

rraws

Smash Rookie
I would say 8 but since i have only been to minor unofficial torments i don't know if I can say i have real tourny experience...even thou i did win 3 of the ones i went to and placed high in the others, so i go with 7

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
i think that i'm 60.
I know the AT of some characters, but i can't learn all of match'ups of my main (Marth) and i can't how to defeat some characters that have priority in Marth.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I have posted here before but it has been a long time and I know I have changed in brawl, I am probably a 10. I said I was better along time ago, but my wii is broken and has been for months and I know if I played right now I would not be able to fight a level 5 and win. Well maybe. But I just felt that I should make things right.

Top Bottom