• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
im somewhere between a 65-75.thats wat i think at least dont know wat ppl ive versed think of me.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I seriously believe I'm around 80. Not 90 yet, but not 70 either (only people who beat me at tourneys are my area's top players, and it's by a very small margin). I DO need to apply new things to my gameplay, like pivot grabs to my kirby's game and buffered things to my ZSS (which I barely ever use in tourneys).

Otherwise, I'll be 69 for the sake of having an awesome number as my personal rating.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, Florida's packed with Dedede's that grab my poor Mario and ****. :(

A few months ago, you had Seibrik, CO18, Hungrybox that were all about some D3D3D3.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I rate myself a 71 since I have learned to overcome some difficult match ups and and win a decent amount but I'm not perfect. I do surprised some people though and hold my own in a one on one, but I am more likely a 68.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love this thread. So many 60-70's.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
60-72. I may only have a few more things to learn and incorporate into my game, but I still have to start winning. I haven't gone to a tourney in a while.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
According to the people I have played and them compairing my skills to others they have played...

80somethings

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Based on the OP I would say about 65, but the rating system seems to be a little... off to me.

Seriously. Don't go by the words, people. Go by the numbers.
im going to disreguard the OP and say from a 0(starter) to a 100(M2k) im a...15-20 ^___^
Based on what those two said I would give myself a 10. I originally wanted to say 22 but then realized that was waaay too much.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Based on the OP I would say about 65, but the rating system seems to be a little... off to me.

Based on what those two said I would give myself a 10. I originally wanted to say 22 but then realized that was waaay too much.
Smart man, right here. ^

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's like the gap between 50 and 60 is more than the gap between 0 and 100.

It's that skewed.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Disregarding the words in the ranking system and rating myself out of 100 I'm most likely a 15-20. That's just a guess I haven't actually played people at tourneys etc so I could be much worse (which I most likely am)

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know... I mean, assuming that the following is an acceptable scale:

0 - What's Brawl?
Has little experience with the game, casual, competitive, or otherwise. May have played a few times for a few minutes each.

1 - The Beginner
Has played the game lightly and knows some to most character movesets. Tends to pick random characters with little intention as to why. Very basic gameplay level.

2 - Curiosity
Has started to commit more time to one character and started to work more with said character while maintaining previous knowledge. Still at a basic gameplay level.

3 - Novice
Has good control over the basics of the game and is able to compete solidly with other players at this same level. Starting to weave small hints of better play into their game, such as intentionally spacing and zoning at times, albeit with simpler commands.

4 - Pre-Intermediate Exploration
Has mastered all game basics; they have become second nature. Has started to experiment with more characters to the extent (or further) that they had done at stage 2 with one character. Has started to use techniques such as dash dancing or short hopping in small, sporadic amounts.

5 - Intermediates
Knows all character movesets front to back, if they hadn't known from earlier stages. Starting to use techniques like SHFF, DAC, and OoS options more frequently. May understand one or two small nuances in the characters they use, such as Grenade Dropping with Snake or Arrow Looping with Pit, but may not use those character-specific techniques completely effectively. Punishes some mistakes made by opponents.

6 - Competitive Intermediates
Definite (technical) mastery over universal advanced techniques like SHFF and DAC. Understands a fair number of character-specific techniques and can execute them consistently. Starting to understand the importance of character and stage matchups; may attempt to read opponents from time to time. Punishes a good number of mistakes that opponents make. At this stage, may start attending small tournaments.

7 - Advanced
Understands the situational uses of universal and character-specific techniques. Understands matchups and how to make a good counterpick, for both character and stage. Keeps a good eye on opponent patterns and punishes them accordingly; may start cluing in to slightly smaller mistakes that opponents make, but may not be able to punish them too well. Can place high or win at small tournaments, and may start attending slightly larger events. Tournament experience is a must to even dream of advancing past this stage.

8 - Competitive Advanced
Near absolute technical and mental mastery of universal and character-specific techniques. Excellent counterpicking ability; can poke holes in matchups that aren't ridiculous so as to not be too vulnerable during the first round. Punishes the grand majority (if not all) of larger mistakes that an opponent makes and can sometimes punish smaller mistakes. Effectively reads opponent strategies and manipulates them to the player's advantage. Easily sweeps small tournaments, aside from the presence of a higher level player, and can place respectably at medium-sized events. May start to attend national functions.

9 - Professional
Those players who have started the climb to the upper eschelon. Incredible knowledge of character matchups and stage counterpicks. Punishes all large mistakes by opponents, and larger frequency of punishing small mistakes. Reads gameplay as a second language and as such can make other players walk into well-plotted setups. Places highly in or wins medium-sized events, and places decently in national events.

10 - Guru
True masters (in some sense) of the game; generally those who place highly and/or win top level tournaments. Perfect execution, borderline psychic reading abilities, utmost knowledge of character and stage matches. One small mistake versus these players, and you'll eat a large amount of punishment. Knows how to read gameplay better than their native language, and one pattern relapse will cause you to be placed into an ambiguously plotted setup. The absolute best of the best.

11 - Isai
Too good.

EDIT: Approved I suppose; and also changed Rank 11 for accuracy sake. Only problem is that the gap between 10 and 11 is larger than the gap between 0 and 10, but eh, nothing can really be done about that.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
I don't really know... I mean, assuming that the following is an acceptable scale:

0 - What's Brawl?
Has little experience with the game, casual, competitive, or otherwise. May have played a few times for a few minutes each.

1 - The Beginner
Has played the game lightly and knows some to most character movesets. Tends to pick random characters with little intention as to why. Very basic gameplay level.

2 - Curiosity
Has started to commit more time to one character and started to work more with said character while maintaining previous knowledge. Still at a basic gameplay level.

3 - Novice
Has good control over the basics of the game and is able to compete solidly with other players at this same level. Starting to weave small hints of better play into their game, such as intentionally spacing and zoning at times, albeit with simpler commands.

Has mastered all game basics; they have become second nature. Has started to experiment with more characters to the extent (or further) that they had done at stage 2 with one character. Has started to use techniques such as dash dancing or short hopping in small, sporadic amounts.

5 - Intermediates
Knows all character movesets front to back, if they hadn't known from earlier stages. Starting to use techniques like SHFF, DAC, and OoS options more frequently. May understand one or two small nuances in the characters they use, such as Grenade Dropping with Snake or Arrow Looping with Pit, but may not use those character-specific techniques completely effectively. Punishes some mistakes made by opponents.

Definite (technical) mastery over universal advanced techniques like SHFF and DAC. Understands a fair number of character-specific techniques and can execute them consistently. Starting to understand the importance of character and stage matchups; may attempt to read opponents from time to time. Punishes a good number of mistakes that opponents make. At this stage, may start attending small tournaments.

7 - Advanced
Understands the situational uses of universal and character-specific techniques. Understands matchups and how to make a good counterpick, for both character and stage. Keeps a good eye on opponent patterns and punishes them accordingly; may start cluing in to slightly smaller mistakes that opponents make, but may not be able to punish them too well. Can place high or win at small tournaments, and may start attending slightly larger events. Tournament experience is a must to even dream of advancing past this stage.

8 - Competitive Advanced
Near absolute technical and mental mastery of universal and character-specific techniques. Excellent counterpicking ability; can poke holes in matchups that aren't ridiculous so as to not be too vulnerable during the first round. Punishes the grand majority (if not all) of larger mistakes that an opponent makes and can sometimes punish smaller mistakes. Effectively reads opponent strategies and manipulates them to the player's advantage. Easily sweeps small tournaments, aside from the presence of a higher level player, and can place respectably at medium-sized events. May start to attend national functions.

9 - Professional
Those players who have started the climb to the upper eschelon. Incredible knowledge of character matchups and stage counterpicks. Punishes all large mistakes by opponents, and larger frequency of punishing small mistakes. Reads gameplay as a second language and as such can make other players walk into well-plotted setups. Places highly in or wins medium-sized events, and places decently in national events.

10 - Guru
True masters (in some sense) of the game; generally those who place highly and/or win top level tournaments. Perfect execution, borderline psychic reading abilities, utmost knowledge of character and stage matches. One small mistake versus these players, and you'll eat a large amount of punishment. Knows how to read gameplay better than their native language, and one pattern relapse will cause you to be placed into an ambiguously plotted setup. The absolute best of the best.

11 - Captain Falcon
So good, that he had to be digitized, transferred into Brawl, and nerfed in-game to allow us lowly peasants a chance at winning. No words can properly describe this skill level.

I won't be rating myself until I get this sorted out. I want to know if this is a legitimate rating system.
yeah
sorry guys^^ i know my rating system is a bit...........crappy : (
i was very tired when i made this so...........yeah sorry
i will change it^^
til then, use the rating system of 777 please

and thx burning crusader ; )
you really helped me out man

after 777 system i would say i'm a.......... 7.6 (bit better then advanced):chuckle:

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
0 - What's Brawl?

1 - The Beginner

2 - Curiosity

3 - Novice

5 - Intermediates

7 - Advanced

8 - Competitive Advanced

9 - Professional

10 - Guru

11 - Captain Falcon

I want to know if this is a legitimate rating system.
This is a much better rating system, good job. =3

I'm a 5 for sure, not quite a 6. I still don't know enough about counter picking stages and character match ups as a whole. I know the do's and don'ts for Sonic though. =P

I have participated in a few small tourneys last year but I was definitely a 3 back then at the time. I mainly went for the atmosphere and fun though I also wanted to see how well I would do against some players that actually knew what they were doing. Got wrecked by a Marth at the most recent one. :laugh:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I am definitely an 8 in the new ranking system. I know I'm not a 9 because there's still people who, if they appear at a tourney, can beat me because they're that much better than me at counterpicking and stuff...

... Otherwise, I **** at smaller events. I've won small tourneys, and I even have a trophy as proof in my room. :p

Top Bottom