• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you change their Final Smashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Being honest, I was a little disappointed with some of the Final Smashes in Brawl. Here are some ideas that I had to improve them (by changing the entirely!):
  • Luigi: I want to see his Negative Zone replaced with his Poltergust, where he sucks up any nearby opponents. Anyone captured by the vacuum will be bombarded by the ghosts inside that Luigi has captured. Luigi would be able to move around and move the gust like in the game.
  • Mario: A Starman comes out and circles him like in the Mario Party games(?) and goes into him. He's then invincible and rainbow-coloured (to differentiate it from the item, if it's kept). Mere touch would inflict damage and cause knockback. Would be like Super Sonic, but he walks around.
  • Falco: He should be given the Arwing, but that's already been said so many times.
  • Princess Peach: Perhaps she could use one of he emotion powers from Super Princess Peach (I haven't really played the game some idk specific moves) for her Final Smash. Or perhaps all of them at once to create an actual viable attack.
  • Kirby: I actually liked his, but a change would be nice. I'd like Cook Kirby to be replaced by Mike Kirby. It would be more offensive, yet predictable. Either that or his Ultra Sword would be cool. These Final Smashes would look a lot better for Kirby (I'm a sucker for cinematic-style FSs) but also more effective.
  • Donkey Kong: Rambi comes on screen and DK gets on him. Rambi always runs forward and all the player can do is change direction and jump. Rambi running into players would cause massive damage and knockback.
  • Diddy Kong: Diddy's was great, but it could be cooler. Barrel Cannons would appear all over the stage and Diddy would jump in one. The player would choose when to fire and Diddy would shoot across the stage to hit anyone in his path.
  • ROB: The same thing, but with a cooler starting animation. Perhaps you actually see some physical attachment come out of his head.
  • Little Mac: This may be a tad premature, but Little Mac should do an uppercut that would function like what starts Ike's FS. Mac's opponents then are put into a boxing ring. Mac sends a bunch of punches out, and, over a few seconds, collects 1... 2... 3... stars. Once 3 is reached, he unleashes a deadly three-star punch.
What Final Smashes would you change, and what would you do?

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I would change Jigglypuff's to "Sleepy Time". She sings, and everyone falls asleep. Then she gets angry and much stronger for a period of time. You can use this to your advantage and kill your enemies. Would be a nice reference to the anime and much more useful than her Brawl one.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Kirby should have the Ultra Sword from Returns to Dreamland. Seriously, I'll be mad disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Ganondorf should be a controllable Ganon like Giga Bowser.

Lucario should obviously have the Mega Evolution.

I'm not sure what to change Pit's to but it needs to be something different. I'm not saying that just so Palutena could be playable, but the Centurions thing was pretty lame.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I would change Jigglypuff's to "Sleepy Time". She sings, and everyone falls asleep. Then she gets angry and much stronger for a period of time. You can use this to your advantage and kill your enemies. Would be a nice reference to the anime and much more useful than her Brawl one.
Yeah Jigglypuff's was lame. I just don't know enough about her to think of a FS for her. In all honesty, I wouldn't be too excited for this FS. Just because it sounds like Peach's, and Peach had the worst FS in the game.
Kirby should have the Ultra Sword from Returns to Dreamland. Seriously, I'll be mad disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Ganondorf should be a controllable Ganon like Giga Bowser.

Lucario should obviously have the Mega Evolution.

I'm not sure what to change Pit's to but it needs to be something different. I'm not saying that just so Palutena could be playable, but the Centurions thing was pretty lame.
Yeah the Ultra Sword was what I had in mind as well. I like you Ganon and Lucario ideas, but I'm not a big fan of the transformation FSs. Maybe if Ganon could only rush back and forth a few times (controlled) and couldn't move around freely. As for Lucario, he could transform into the Mega Evolution and do a single move (idk what specific things he could do). I was a really big fan of Lucario's Brawl FS, and I'd be sad to see it go. Pit's HAS to go. It was so lame. Something from KI:U? Haven't played so idk.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Donkey Kong's is the worst to me, by a landslide where children grow older below Peach.
I'd like to see his include Rambi, but if not, then keeping in line with the rhythm idea... just not being such crap. It'd be nice if being skilled at it actually made it better.

Diddy's was incredibly unoriginal to me: I'd actually prefer if one of the things I said above were Diddy's, a step beyond Rambi would be if they had all the animal friends join in.
If not, I could go for a few barrels around the screen, and you shoot between them, aiming for opponents who are trying to run for their lives.
Or, he could call Dixie in, somehow. Not switching, just using her.

ROB's needs new animation, in the very least. It looks puny.

Pokemon Trainer: call out mewtwo, if it is not in the game.

Mario's could be... so many things. It would be fun if he turned the entire course into Paper. Maybe he can switch the world between Paper 2D and Galaxy 3D. Fun juxtaposition.

Wario; engage the players in a minigame. Somewhat like a 3 v 1 mario party game, but with a huge advantage towards Wario.

Jigglypuff and Peach should both be changed.

____

Or, I think everyone should have the Landmaster.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I may "steal" a few of these :p
Donkey Kong's is the worst to me, by a landslide where children grow older below Peach.
I'd like to see his include Rambi
Like this. This is a great idea. I didn't really like his bongo FS..
Diddy's was incredibly unoriginal to me...a few barrels around the screen, and you shoot between them, aiming for opponents who are trying to run for their lives.
This is great. This is really creative and would work well.
IKR his FS is pretty dang good, but it felt weak. As i said, I'm a suck for FSs with some cinematic, so that'd be cool.

Your others are really good ideas. I just don't agree with them. I think they're good, but I'd rather see something else imo.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I would change Mario's from his random fire-blasting to using a starman, perhaps. I don't know. Just something to change it from his nonsensical random fire.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I would change Mario's from his random fire-blasting to using a starman, perhaps. I don't know. Just something to change it from his nonsensical random fire.
Of course, Mario's Final Smash is random, because he never had fire powers in any of his games./sarcasm

I'd like to see his include Rambi, but if not, then keeping in line with the rhythm idea... just not being such crap. It'd be nice if being skilled at it actually made it better.
Agree.

Diddy's was incredibly unoriginal to me: I'd actually prefer if one of the things I said above were Diddy's, a step beyond Rambi would be if they had all the animal friends join in.
If not, I could go for a few barrels around the screen, and you shoot between them, aiming for opponents who are trying to run for their lives.
Or, he could call Dixie in, somehow. Not switching, just using her.
Diddy's Final Smash is cool and makes sense, no need to change.

Agree.

Pokemon Trainer: call out mewtwo, if it is not in the game.
*read my comment about Diddy's Final Smash again*

Mario's could be... so many things. It would be fun if he turned the entire course into Paper. Maybe he can switch the world between Paper 2D and Galaxy 3D. Fun juxtaposition.
*read my comment about Diddy's Final Smash for the third time*

Wario; engage the players in a minigame. Somewhat like a 3 v 1 mario party game, but with a huge advantage towards Wario.
Best idea ever!

Jigglypuff and Peach should both be changed.
Agree.

Or, I think everyone should have the Landmaster.
Forgot what I said before, THIS is your best idea. :awesome:

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Of course, Mario's Final Smash is random, because he never had fire powers in any of his games./sarcasm
Haha I'm having trouble interpreting what you're saying here, but has Mario ever had fire powers in his games? Not counting the fire flower, of course, because anybody can get it.
I think this is a great idea, but how do you see this fitting in when the starman is already an item? Perhaps remove the item entirely?

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
My lord, I can't tell you how many Brawl Final Smashes I disagreed with.
Only Mario character with a decent FS was Bowser! No PK Rockin for Ness? And three Land Masters? Don't get me started.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'd say a buff in Diddy's, Mario's, and ROB's so that they are stronger, or in Diddy's case, easier to control. Pikachu's was so hard to control as well.

I liked Luigi's, but he really should use his poltergust for something! Falco and Wolf need a new one different than Fox. Pit should get a new one if Palutena is a newcomer. I agree with you on Donkey Kong and Rambi! If Lucas and Sheik are returning I think it would be cool for them to have something different than Ness and Zelda, respectively. I don't know what though, I have like no ideas.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I'd say a buff in Diddy's, Mario's, and ROB's so that they are stronger, or in Diddy's case, easier to control. Pikachu's was so hard to control as well.

I liked Luigi's, but he really should use his poltergust for something! Falco and Wolf need a new one different than Fox. Pit should get a new one if Palutena is a newcomer. I agree with you on Donkey Kong and Rambi! If Lucas and Sheik are returning I think it would be cool for them to have something different than Ness and Zelda, respectively. I don't know what though, I have like no ideas.
You pretty much said everything I was going to say.

Haha I'm having trouble interpreting what you're saying here, but has Mario ever had fire powers in his games? Not counting the fire flower, of course, because anybody can get it.
Yes, he has fire powers in many games, such as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and a lot of sports spin-offs.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh and forgot, Toon Link should definitely have something from Wind Waker. Idk what as I haven't bought the game yet, but as long as it is different from Link's.

Chase

Smash Ace

Lucas could have PK Love, and Sheik could possibly make a giant Psychic Attack.

I think Mario should have a Starman as his Final Smash, but it functions as a regular Starman does in the Mario Games.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Only Mario character with a decent FS was Bowser! No PK Rockin for Ness? And three Land Masters? Don't get me started.
I don't even think Giga Bowser was a cool FS. I was a little (lol) disappointed that Little Mac's FS will be Giga Mac. I thought Giga Mac was a dumb idea from its debut in the Wii game. No Three-Star Punch? Just bigger versions of the character are kind of lame if it doesn't make sense from the game. Ganon's makes sense, but Bowser is ehh.
Yes, he has fire powers in many games, such as Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and a lot of sports spin-offs.
I was unaware of this as I don't really care for those games. If that's true, then you're right and it makes sense, but it's still kind of lame. I want eyecandy from FSs, and Mario's was just a bunch of fire. IMO only a few FSs delivered in terms of eyecandy. Like Capt. Falcon's, Samus' and Ike's.
I think Mario should have a Starman as his Final Smash, but it functions as a regular Starman does in the Mario Games.
Like with the rainbow? And it harms enemies just with the touch? Sick. I'd go for that. Mario should get an animation where the star comes up like in SMB2, and he gets it. The star circles him and goes into him, and then he is granted the power. That'd be cool.
I'd much rather have the Spiny Shell than Star Man.
Oh well, they're both better than "Mario Finale".
What about a blue shell? Still not ideal, tho. I like the starman idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom