• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How will you get SMASH43DS and What will do do first?

Sonicmaster56

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-2700-2922
Me first, of course(Cuz i posted, SO THERE).
I am getting the download at midnight, and the first thing I am gonna do is to try to unlock all of the characters and stages.
And maybe make a few celebs into Mii Fighters.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Midnight launch at Gamestop if I can't break street date first.

First thing I'll do is beat Classic Mode as Falcon. That or play match after match with my Melee/PM training buddy. Can't believe it's finally here!

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
I'm getting digital download at midnight. I'm going to go through Classic Mode as Palutena first just to try out the game, then I'm going to switch to Marth to unlock Lucina. After that I'll likely go online and do some For Glory matches since it's been so many years since I've played a Smash game against another person and I'm really looking forward to it.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I was going to download it at midnight but my 3DS has not returned from Loopy yet so I'm unfortunately going to have to pick it up early Friday morning with my Bro since they are not having a midnight launch D:. First thing we will do is I will choose Shulk and he will pick Luigi and we are going to do a bunch of local vs matches! Can't wait! :D

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Going digital at midnight plan to hop into classic and use shulk/rosalina to get a feel for the game might do some for glory after.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Digital because it releases at 10PM where I live. I'll either try out some 1v1 with Greninja or start doing classic mode with each character.

Sonicmaster56

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-2700-2922
Digital because it releases at 10PM where I live. I'll either try out some 1v1 with Greninja or start doing classic mode with each character.
Nice! Good luck with the Classic Mode challenge! I also might try Greninja, he looks like a fast and powerful character to me.

Zero Reborn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0
3DS FC
4081-6010-8675
I'll just be doing getting most characters (Dr. Mario specifically because he was my main in Melee) then doing smash runs

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I have a pre-order at a Best Buy in San Francisco [from the Smash Fest]. Only because I wanted that Gold Coin.

But since they aren't doing a midnight release and I'll be at work when they open, I might either cancel my preorder or switch it to the Wii U version and hit up the eShop at 9 pm PST Thursday night. I wanted that gold coin, but I'd rather have the game tmrw as opposed to Friday evening when I'm off work.

If not then there will be way too many precious hours lost I could spend with Ness, Luigi, Shulk et al ...

After I get it, I plan on practicing with my older mains and new flames by unlocking everyone. Taking breaks in between to play online.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Getting it 2 am Thursday.

First thing = Try Toon link. Link seems pretty fine but a little (Just the slightest bit) slowed down.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Me, my sister, and a bunch of friends are all going to pick it up at gamestop at midnight. I had it pre-ordered at best buy as well because I wanted the coin... but I just called them and they told me they're not having a midnight launch T_T

What I am doing, though, is getting the digital version downloaded right before we head to the store, since it comes out an hour early here :p While waiting in line I'm gonna be doing versus matches just to unlock all the characters so we can get straight to playing when we're back at my house.

Smash weekend is upon us!!! :D :D :D

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I got it ordered at Amazon, getting the game at release day.

First up is a run through Classic, All-Star and Smash Run with Mario. Then it's time to get online!

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Im getting it in 34 hours at the midnight release at my Gamestop. I'm going to play classic and unlock all the characters and then try out all the modes and try to collect trophies and complete challenges. I'll play some with my brother and just mess around. I might try out online but I want to get comfortable enough with my characters before I really dig in.

pokegamer2

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3437-4353-1909
I'm going to digital download it at midnight, try classic and smash run with Bowser, and try the online and local modes with my brother

Last edited:

Kvar

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArashiYamada
I plan on picking it up Friday afternoon because of school :(

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Midnight download. I'll unlock Bowser Jr and Ness as fast as possible and the rest of the unlocks will probably happen as a result of online matches.

Hoezay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hoezay
3DS FC
4055-2969-6824
9PM download tomorrow night and try to unlock Ness as fast as possible and then try out Smash Run and some online play.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Downloading it as soon as it hits the eshop (9PM for me) then waiting...and waiting.....and waiting.

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
Downloading it 11 PM my time Friday night, then I gotta go to bed, since the next day I gotta be up at 5 AM for a marching band thing. Finally, I'll get to play the game at noon-ish. Then my weekend is gone as I play all day everyday.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Gamestop on Friday Morning or Afternoon. I'll start beating Classic mode and unlocking characters as soon as I get the game.

zozo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0146-9842-1089
Waking up first thing Friday morning to head to my local gamestop to pick up the game. Idgaf about breakfast, Smash is more important than food. After that I'm gonna spend time unlocking everything, THEN I'm gonna start trying out all the characters I'm interested in playing to search for my mains. Meta Knight and Megaman are already confirmed of course, but the rest is up for grabs.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
First off, I'll have some fun with Miis.
I'll pit I. M. Meen against Gay Luigi against Robotnik against The King! The YTP showdown of the year!
Then, I'll have He-Man and Skeletor duke it out!
Finally, I'll beat up Lucario as Miiself, can't stand that blue marketing doggy.

After that, do one-stock matches to unlock some stages and Ness, followed by Classic Mode and Smash Run as Ness.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Run to the store on Friday (or maybe Thursday, it looks like the street date got broken on my country too), toss my money to the cashier and run to my house to play Classic Mode with Zelda and Lucario.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well since my brother is coming back from college for a day or 2 on the same day Smash 3ds is coming out, I'll prbably play a few games with him before he goes again. Did I mention I'll destroy him?

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I'm having it delivered through Amazon on day 1 (hopefully).
When I get it, I'm basically gonna have to wait the whole day, as I have school, hospital appointment, dentists and THEN I can play. So that's like, at 7pm.
But when I DO get my hands on it I'm just gonna unlock everyone with VS matches, then beat Classic and All star with all.
It'll be a long weekend, let me tell ya.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Brother is going to go pick it up on the 3rd at some point during the day. :D

I'm probably going to unlock Dr. Mario and maybe some others, test some things, and then go nuts online with Luigi and Robin Boy Wonder.

Last edited:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
As much as I prefer hard copies, I'm getting the digital download so I don't have to drive to Gamestop in my underwear, and then playing as Ike and Little Mac for a bit, then playing classic mode.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Midnight Release at Gamestop. I'll be going for all the characters I want in Classic Mode. After that...hmm...I might go for the rest or just play around on For Glory for a bit.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
1st download it at 9PM tonight wait for the download to finish, then unlock the characters and stages as well put almost as much Miis in there including the official Nikki Mii from Swapnote

p4k|wyatt

Smash Cadet
Im picking it up at a midnight release in a small shop in town :) We might have a little for fun tournament, and then Im inviting some buddies over and we are going to play all night by the fireplace in the den. Should be a relaxing evening. Now to make it through this brutally slowed down day of work :(

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I still have my old regular-sized 3DS since launch and haven't upgraded since then. Because I'm in Japan and my 3DS is NA, I'm sick and tired of going through hoops and loops to get NA games for my 3DS and I don't want to play Smash on such a tiny screen so I will buy the new New 3DS here as soon as it's released and buy a japanese copy of the game as well.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Im picking it up at a midnight release in a small shop in town :) We might have a little for fun tournament, and then Im inviting some buddies over and we are going to play all night by the fireplace in the den. Should be a relaxing evening. Now to make it through this brutally slowed down day of work :(
That does sound nice I know that feel my day is going to be very slow until 9PM gets here but I had to go through school when Brawl was coming out so I can handle it

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Midnight release at Gamestop.

I'll play classic mode with all the characters I'm interested in (see sig) and play some local vs with my brother.

Sonicmaster56

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-2700-2922
xD I feel so alone, most everybody has someone to play with on that day. I would be playing with one of my buds, but he doesn't have a 3ds. He said "I AM SO EXCITED TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH YOU ON DA WII!" To which I replied "Umm, its on the 3ds."
And he said "Ok then, it will be fun on the 3ds!" Then I told him "No, you can't play on the SAME 3ds, you need to get one your self." So now he is saving up every penny just to get THIS game. Sorry bout this kinda off-topic thing.

BeastKiller6ixx

Smash Rookie
Going to my local gamestop for the midnight release. I was going to go digital but I figure this would be a good way to meet some fellow smashers and get their friend code, and have a few battles.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Going to midnight release tonight! I'll run friendlies while I'm there until I get the game. Then I'll go straight home and play free-for-all with items as every character.

Top Bottom