• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Linguini

Smash Master
Can't Puff rest you out of the dair attempt?

Yes RIP always dthrow.
Technically, puff can rest you out of every d throw to fair or dair, but most puffs don't have the balls to try it so you will find yourself getting it more often than you should.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Technically, puff can rest you out of every d throw to fair or dair, but most puffs don't have the balls to try it so you will find yourself getting it more often than you should.
Nah, not if spaced.

I used to play N2K6 a lot and with Puff you need to dair beside her and fair spaced away. If she rest you both just whiff. Spacing makes it full proof. Don't be scared of marshmellows.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I saw something about autocancel-able aerials and, as someone new to melee and even newer to ganon, I'm wondering which of Dorf's aerials you can autocancel, and which ones you would rather autocancel than SHFF (or in what situations, if it's more specifc than that).

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Uair is the most common auto canceled move. Nair onto platforms is not utilized as much but would be the closest next since auto cancels aren't too big in Ganon's aerial game. To auto cancel uair just shff uair as soon as you jump.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
SH Bair can be auto canceled. Basically if the attack animation finishes before you land, then you will land like you didn't do an aerial, since you're in a neutral position. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah I don't get what Kage's saying

My only complaint is that Chaddd and Guini didn't record some dittos lol

no complaints about how they played that's for sure

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Kage at 2999 posts.

Anyway, question:

Up to what percent can I CC Marth's FSmash/Dtilt? And what can I do from it? It seems like SH Fair is too slow to punish, since they can buffer roll/shield in time. SideB is even slower, and tilts don't reach. This is what I noticed today playing my brother.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I don't SH much from a CC to be honest just because a 7-frame jump makes everything slower.

That having been said, have you tried down-b (might also be too slow) or run forward a bit --> up-b?

I actually haven't tried cc Up-B before, but it's fast, has range, hurts, and it's a grab so no shield for Marth. Hmm...

Oh, I also wave-jab/tilt sometimes too.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I read his post again, and I believe he meant he saw videos of Chaddd playing, and other videos of Linguini playing. He never said you played with each other, he just phrased it wrong.

chaddd

Smash Lord
For what post? What I meant was, is they didn't perform at a level I expected them to.
Considering I've only lost to the same two people at all these big tournaments, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

And since when is how I've performed in the past been any indication about my performance in the future?

I know that. And what I mean is, they could say the same thing to you quite often but don't.
Exactly. I'm not claiming to be humble by any stretch of the imagination, but I never accepted the commonly held belief that having a good Ganon means that every performance in front of some d*ck with a camera is somehow a god d*mn title fight. Ganon dittos are stupid and meaningless, Ganon being consistent is impossible. Consistency in this game is impossible. I've lost tournament matches to people I've JV 4 stocked. Sh*t happens, not all of it is worth talking about.

wool

Smash Ace
sup.

im really new to ganon and usually prefer chars with a lot of speed, but i want to get good at the whole cast so ya.
but i just cant get by the fact that ganon is really slow.
from what ive read it seems that to overcome this slowness ganon should waveland tons.
i can see how that helps a lot, but i still get destroyed by foxes, falcos, shieks, marths, captain falcons, etc lol mainly because i am so slow, not because of my skill (well partly the skill but...)

so i guess my main question is how do you approach a campy fox/falco (and when you do how do you make sure you dont get shine ***** (is it all waveland mind games?)). Also how does ganon cope with FD, or do you ban it?
sorry if these questions are answered somewhere in a guide already. if they are if you can link me to it that would be awesome

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
FD just comes down to preference. Linguini is a great Ganon that loves it, Renth is a great Ganon that hates it. I never ban it but I rarely counterpick it.

Linguini

Smash Master
I like fd against everyone except falcon and I do ban it against him if he doesn't ban FoD 1st because I hate that stage. I guess I like it because it's a stage with nothing on it is just like you,your opponent and skill, no stage interference.

Top Bottom