• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Get REKT.

Inb4 the masses say Ganon wrecks peach.

I can see it now

"Soft counter"

"6/4 mu for sure"

*puts script aside and asks co-anchor "who the **** is linguini?!?"*

:denzel:

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Linguini definitely looked mad crisp that set. Sure some missed grabs kills here and there but damn he was so on point. I couldn't be more hyped to see Linguini back in top form.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to linguini, he looked SUPER good that set. Not a whole lot of mistakes to note. Let's keep it up tomorrow my dude! Need me some ganon in main bracket.

Also, new "gimp" vs fox: if you're somewhere near the edge (think near the edge of the platform on battlefield, DL, yoshi's, edge of FD) and you land a stomp at ~30%, follow up with down-b so they go off stage. If they DI "properly," you get a follow up fair (I think? Maybe just up air?). If they DI poorly, you get an easy edge guard.

May work on other fast fallers. I've only mildly tested this and I'm not sure if it's a true combo or whatever. Never used it against another player.

tm etc, if you could test this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

The stomp could very easily be set up with an up throw! Read the tech away / missed tech / tech in place and stomp. Pretty sure wiz kick is guaranteed as is the follow up.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Shoutouts to linguini, he looked SUPER good that set. Not a whole lot of mistakes to note. Let's keep it up tomorrow my dude! Need me some ganon in main bracket.

Also, new "gimp" vs fox: if you're somewhere near the edge (think near the edge of the platform on battlefield, DL, yoshi's, edge of FD) and you land a stomp at ~30%, follow up with down-b so they go off stage. If they DI "properly," you get a follow up fair (I think? Maybe just up air?). If they DI poorly, you get an easy edge guard.

May work on other fast fallers. I've only mildly tested this and I'm not sure if it's a true combo or whatever. Never used it against another player.

The stomp could very easily be set up with an up throw! Read the tech away / missed tech / tech in place and stomp. Pretty sure wiz kick is guaranteed as is the follow up.
Are you talking about dairing your opponent right at the edge at 30%? If they don't DI, it's an easy WF spike. If they do DI, they'd likely be DIing towards the stage anyway, so a down-b in that direction is probably not the best option. If they happen to DI away from the stage in that position, then yeah grounded WF to hit them off stage would be good.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah they think you can only get the fair on certain DI off dthrow, it's always guaranteed above like 70ish lol. DI behind at 110-130 isn't safe either, backdash jump fair.

He said he lost a super close set to n0ne 2-1, wish that was recorded

Glennwood

Smash Cadet
NNID
nuclearglenn
Holy ****! That Linguini match was wicked. Put such a huge smile on my face. There will for sure be johns for Mac but honestly watching it, he was straight up out played. Way to go man, you never sleep on the dorf!

Last edited:

ForTheLulz

Smash Apprentice
heard linguini vs none was 2-1

wonder if anyone recorded it

CEO 2016:
pasta guy loses to slox and gets 25th
rockcrock loses to porkchops and gets 33rd
tm loses to toph and gets 65th
did I miss anyone?

gj guys and keep repping ganon

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Are you talking about dairing your opponent right at the edge at 30%? If they don't DI, it's an easy WF spike. If they do DI, they'd likely be DIing towards the stage anyway, so a down-b in that direction is probably not the best option. If they happen to DI away from the stage in that position, then yeah grounded WF to hit them off stage would be good.
No, like mid platform area. I know all about the unholy combo lol. I'm mainly talking about if you can get a fair, you should down b instead for the DI mixup. Like I said though I have yet to do it vs a real player lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
tm wtf you beat toph??? That's actually sick, he has a positive record over bizz!
It's also extra special since he's one of the masterminds saying pichu is better than Ganon. LOL

Ganon took out the #15 ranked player in the world, sorry pichu

Also chillin commentary >>> toph commentary

And Plup vs m2k was the best sheik ditto set of all time.

tm

Smash Ace

sure, I'll test that out when I get home in a week. Based on my inuition I don't think the follow up after downB will be very reliable tho. Seems too laggy to get a true follow up

tm wtf you beat toph??? That's actually sick, he has a positive record over bizz!
He said he hadn't lost to ganon in bracket before, and beats bizz somewhat regularly. He played like a$$ the first set tho. He's the better player and I'm not salty that he advanced and I didn't, it's basically like we played a Bo5 and I went 2-3. He plays kinda like KJH so he was a lot easier for me than Colbol lol

I was able to watch Linguini vs MacD, n0ne, and slox. Him vs n0ne was pretty close, although n0ne was in control basically the entire time all 3 games, but guini caught him out and got the stock punishes in key moments.

Him vs slox, slox went sheik and kinda just did sheik stuff. In my probably discourteous opinion, both linguini and slox played the MU quite poorly. guini played neutral pretty well but his punishes could use sooo much work, and his DI could have been a lot better too. And on the other hand, slox could have been doing a ton of stuff that he wasn't, but that's kind of expected since he probably has no exp in the MU. I think linguini was actually winning neutral more than 50% of the time, but missing guaranteed punishes / edgeguards.

Anyway he did amazing by beating MacD and getting as far as he did.

Good **** to RockCrock too, I didn't even know he was there and then I saw that he made top 64 x_x
pools were so stacked

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys keep a level head when you match vs sheiks at your level? I've got one in my area that I chain grab to death regularily and he actually thinks that the ganon chain grab is easier than sheik's for some reason >.> which is kinda funny. But all the **** talk is starting to get to me because he actually thinks it's a really great accomplishment and that he's leagues better than me the 30% of the time that he does win >.> at first it was funny but I'm having a hard time actually keeping my game straight vs him because of the constant nonsense. Competitive mindset help for a Ganon main?

tm

Smash Ace
Ask him to MM his ganon vs your sheik. If he says no then he's full of **** lmao.

Literally don't waste time thinking about that. If he's that delusional he'll probably never be very good. There are plenty of ignorant people everywhere, no reason to get worked up over it

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
How do you guys keep a level head when you match vs sheiks at your level? I've got one in my area that I chain grab to death regularily and he actually thinks that the ganon chain grab is easier than sheik's for some reason >.> which is kinda funny. But all the **** talk is starting to get to me because he actually thinks it's a really great accomplishment and that he's leagues better than me the 30% of the time that he does win >.> at first it was funny but I'm having a hard time actually keeping my game straight vs him because of the constant nonsense. Competitive mindset help for a Ganon main?
Just have no mercy and love the cg. Love them being salty. Ganons cg is much harder especially at low%.

I need to take my own advice, I play bad when people get salty. I can't help but think "aren't we playing for fun?" and sandbag subconsciously. Just maintain your confidence and killer instinct.

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Just have no mercy and love the cg. Love them being salty. Ganons cg is much harder especially at low%.

I need to take my own advice, I play bad when people get salty. I can't help but think "aren't we playing for fun?" and sandbag subconsciously. Just maintain your confidence and killer instinct.
Still one of the all-time best reactions to being Wobbled. You should give Lucky some lessons.

Top Bottom